Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2024, 08:24 AM   #15161
fotze2
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Are the ads here becoming unbearable here. They can now do this thing where they halt your typing by, I assume the ad moves forward. Have to stop and click the box then re-type something. I don't know if its a certain ad or what.
fotze2 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fotze2 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2024, 08:25 AM   #15162
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotze2 View Post
Are the ads here becoming unbearable here.
nah

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 08:37 AM   #15163
fotze2
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
nah
Stop being a dick
fotze2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 08:38 AM   #15164
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Stop being a dick
nah nah

Quote:
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2024, 09:20 AM   #15165
SutterBrother
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Are the ads here becoming unbearable here. They can now do this thing where they halt your typing by, I assume the ad moves forward. Have to stop and click the box then re-type something. I don't know if its a certain ad or what.
I also experience this.
SutterBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 06:02 PM   #15166
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Calgary Transit's incompetence is amazing. They closed the bus stop I typically use and there's a small sign redirecting riders 3 blocks away to another stop - good thing I looked closely and saw that print in size 12 font, right? Well, not so fast - I go to that alternative stop and there's ANOTHER sign saying to use the temporary stop two blocks north! So it's a scavenger hunt for the bus apparently. So, swearing under my breath, I head to THAT stop, which helpfully has a sign saying it is the temporary stop for my route. So, that sucks, I've missed my bus and have to wait a half hour for the next one.

... except there is no next one. I wait for 40 minutes and nothing, alongside half a dozen other people. So I call calgary transit.... and they say that temporary stop no longer applies and we have to go back to the previous stop.

This level of incompetence, in most lines of work, would not be tolerated. Of course, when it's government, nothing will come of the complaint.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2024, 06:35 PM   #15167
ThisIsAnOutrage
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SutterBrother View Post
I also experience this.
Try increasing the strength of you privacy settings in, both in your browser and app permissions. Sometimes that helps.
Old 05-14-2024, 07:09 PM   #15168
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Calgary Transit's incompetence is amazing. They closed the bus stop I typically use and there's a small sign redirecting riders 3 blocks away to another stop - good thing I looked closely and saw that print in size 12 font, right? Well, not so fast - I go to that alternative stop and there's ANOTHER sign saying to use the temporary stop two blocks north! So it's a scavenger hunt for the bus apparently. So, swearing under my breath, I head to THAT stop, which helpfully has a sign saying it is the temporary stop for my route. So, that sucks, I've missed my bus and have to wait a half hour for the next one.

... except there is no next one. I wait for 40 minutes and nothing, alongside half a dozen other people. So I call calgary transit.... and they say that temporary stop no longer applies and we have to go back to the previous stop.

This level of incompetence, in most lines of work, would not be tolerated. Of course, when it's government, nothing will come of the complaint.
That level of incompetence happens all the time outside the government and nothing comes of it.
PepsiFree is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2024, 07:31 PM   #15169
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I don't think I've ever seen an ad on here. I'm on Android; is it an iOS thing?
D as in David is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 07:41 PM   #15170
chedder
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by D as in David View Post
Nope. Android here and there have been ads forever between topics which I can handle.

In the last few weeks, though they have ads that take over the whole screen and you can't leave it for 5 seconds.

I'll try increasing my privacy setting as suggested above.
chedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 08:45 PM   #15171
Zary's-Mustache
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Costco no longer gives happy faces on the receipts. Found out the hard way tonight when my son was excited to get one and then was told they don't give them anymore because management has banned it....my son started bawling his eyes out.

Not sure who complained enough where they stopped allowing something so simple that made kids happy.
Zary's-Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zary's-Mustache For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2024, 10:14 PM   #15172
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zary's-Mustache View Post
Costco no longer gives happy faces on the receipts. Found out the hard way tonight when my son was excited to get one and then was told they don't give them anymore because management has banned it....my son started bawling his eyes out.

Not sure who complained enough where they stopped allowing something so simple that made kids happy.

Maybe this happened, but…. did it?
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2024, 10:20 PM   #15173
Zary's-Mustache
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
Maybe this happened, but…. did it?
Absolutely. East hills costco. Why the hell would I lie about something so dumb? Are you a liar in your life so you don't believe other people?
Old 05-14-2024, 10:26 PM   #15174
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Absolutely. East hills costco. Why the hell would I lie about something so dumb? Are you a liar in your life so you don't believe other people?

Knowing Costco, I can’t believe they’d want to cause a scene over this, so if you asked about a happy face, I’d assume they’d just quickly draw one to get you on your way rather than having a bawling child there while explaining their policy of not drawing happy faces on receipts anymore.
Old 05-14-2024, 10:30 PM   #15175
Zary's-Mustache
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
Knowing Costco, I can’t believe they’d want to cause a scene over this, so if you asked about a happy face, I’d assume they’d just quickly draw one to get you on your way rather than having a bawling child there while explaining their policy of not drawing happy faces on receipts anymore.
My son said "happy face" and she explained that management doesn't allow it anymore.

+1 587-470-4490

That's easthills costco number. You can call and ask why they don't allow it anymore. Let us know what they say.
Old 05-14-2024, 10:54 PM   #15176
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

If wormius gets this resolved they’ll have to change his name to CostcoSlayer
iggy_oi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 10:55 PM   #15177
gallione11
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by D as in David View Post

I run an Adblocker on my PC. Don't on my IOS phone. But, have gotten to the point lately, of not visiting on my phone. Intrusive ads up the wazoo.

Willing to pay a few bucks a month for the ad free experience, otherwise, limited time on my phone, if at all and full Adblocking on the PC
gallione11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 11:27 PM   #15178
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_oi View Post
If wormius gets this resolved they’ll have to change his name to CostcoSlayer

This honestly seems better suited for one of those Go Public type segment. But I am not sure if it should be on Costco.

Here is what I speculate went down.

On his way out of Costco, receipt checker scans cart, and child says “happy face?” and despite a little initial disappointment, child is fine once the Costco employee goes through a lengthy explanation of their policy rather than taking 2 seconds to add two dots and a semi-circle to the receipt to get them out of the store.

The dad is actually like, “meh who cares, right? Let’s get of here!”, and leaves abruptly without politely asking for a happy face (“was that an option?”, the dad later ponders to himself). After situating the shopping cart too close to the car and accidentally scratching the paint job, he unleashes an unholy amount of colourful language, startling his child, who now thinks they are the “son of a bitch” he just heard his dad screaming after the cart incident. the child subsequently starts bawling uncontrollably, and Dad is now, “Damn, must have been the happy face thing. F Costco!!”
Old 05-15-2024, 12:06 AM   #15179
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

If the lack of a smiley face is that traumatic of an experience may I suggest buying your own marker so you can seize the metaphorical reigns and draw a non metaphorical smile on your receipt? Should solve the problem of your crestfallen child and their burgeoning hatred of Costco whilst showing the cold hearted monsters that work there you’re not a papa to be trifled with.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ResAlien For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2024, 06:16 AM   #15180
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Great opportunity for your son to learn things don’t always go his way.

It takes a Village

Quote:
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post: