Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2024, 11:16 AM   #13601
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Twice already this morning I've been in the left lane and had a dude cut me off and make a left turn. Both times they started beside me and could have gotten behind me but for whatever reason they didn't. What the ####?
DownInFlames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 11:22 AM   #13602
fotze2
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
Twice already this morning I've been in the left lane and had a dude cut me off and make a left turn. Both times they started beside me and could have gotten behind me but for whatever reason they didn't. What the ####?
fotze2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fotze2 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2024, 07:25 PM   #13603
Zary's-Mustache
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

So I'm at Booster juice right now and their machine just forced me to tip...no choice to not leave a tip. I hope this isn't something new...

Literally only 4 options

1. 10%
2.15%
3. 20%
And then an option if I want french...wtf.
Zary's-Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 07:29 PM   #13604
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

That's extortion if there's no 'other' option that includes zero. Sue!
Muta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 07:40 PM   #13605
Zary's-Mustache
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
That's extortion if there's no 'other' option that includes zero. Sue!
I assumed the 4th option was for french because it was in French and when I pressed it it brought everything in french. There was a no tip option like every other machine I've ever used.

Disappointing and didn't wanna cause a fuss so I tipped 10%. Guess I'm a sucker.
Old 03-14-2024, 07:42 PM   #13606
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Do those tips even go to employees? Not sure how those POS terminals actually get the tips to the employees. I remember a news segment they suggested they just go to the owner or something, so the employees don’t get anything.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 08:11 PM   #13607
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Is anyone else just done with daylight savings conversations? Actual daylight savings? I could take it or leave it and I see points on both sides.

But for me when someone mentions it's coming up I don't dread the event, I dread the constant conversations and whining for the next two weeks. It's just takes over on this stupid level.
I certainly don't like how early it gets dark in the winter, but overall I think I'm a rare person who actually looks forward to it.

Fall back: Nice, an extra hour to sleep in!
Spring ahead: Nice, later light in the evenings, and it means spring (and St. Patrick's Day) is around the corner!

*ducks*
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sainters7 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2024, 08:52 PM   #13608
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

The time should stay in the "ahead" position year round.

5:30 sunsets during chrismas is way better than 4:30.
TrentCrimmIndependent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 09:44 PM   #13609
Ironhorse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zary's-Mustache View Post
So I'm at Booster juice right now and their machine just forced me to tip...no choice to not leave a tip. I hope this isn't something new...

Literally only 4 options

1. 10%
2.15%
3. 20%
And then an option if I want french...wtf.

Thanks for letting me know I’ll be paying cash there from now on
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 09:49 PM   #13610
Zary's-Mustache
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse View Post
Thanks for letting me know I’ll be paying cash there from now on
This was the East hills location. Not sure about other locations.
Old 03-15-2024, 07:07 AM   #13611
Ped
First Line Centre

Exp:

Went to Pearson last night to pick up someone, and it was raining, and I swear, 5 times between Dixie and the airport someone tried to move into my lane while I was already in it.

And then on my way back from Niagara, some idiot with Quebec plates apparently didn't like that I passed him and then moved into the middle lane safely, because he immediately moved into the left lane, cutting off someone else, then passed me and cut me off very sharply.

I am so tired of drivers.
Ped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 10:49 AM   #13612
pylon
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Banks asking why I am withdrawing cash pisses me off more than anything on this planet. It's such an incredible invasion of privacy. I just withdrew $8000 to buy a quad from and older guy that wanted cash. Cool, no worries, I do business the same on private sales of my own stuff.

Me "I'd like to withdraw $8000 in cash."

Bank "We need to fill out a form.... what are you withdrawing it for?"

M "What does it matter? I need $8000 please."

B "We need a reason to give you that much cash."

M "Excuse me? Give me? You aren't giving me anything. It is my cash which I pay this institution a monthly fee to store. I don't need to fill out an application form to take out money I have earned and paid taxes on."

B "You can always send an E-transfer or take out a bank draft."

M "I need cash for this transaction, thanks though."

B "Then you need to tell me what it is for."

Eventually the teller got to the branch manager involved. I'd actually dealt with her as a teller many times over the years as I have banked at this institution for 32 years. She's such a nice lady. She just scratched something on the form and gave me my money and apologized. The rationale they gave me was they need to make sure I am not using it for illegal purposes, or being scammed. The scam thing, I sorta get that. A lot of seniors are getting bilked buy scammers in india and Africa, but if I was using the money to buy illegal drugs or guns or tigers... I would be the first guy to just say I'm buying a car or some other big ticket item to get it over with.

I appreciate they backed off, but that being said, I shouldn't have to be a legacy customer to be able to take my money out of the bank without answering intrusive questions.

"I'd prefer not to answer." should suffice and move you onto the next step. I am a 49 year old man, you are a bank, not my parents.
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pylon For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2024, 10:55 AM   #13613
fotze2
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon View Post
Banks asking why I am withdrawing cash pisses me off more than anything on this planet. It's such an incredible invasion of privacy. I just withdrew $8000 to buy a quad from and older guy that wanted cash. Cool, no worries, I do business the same on private sales of my own stuff.

Me "I'd like to withdraw $8000 in cash."

Bank "We need to fill out a form.... what are you withdrawing it for?"

M "What does it matter? I need $8000 please."

B "We need a reason to give you that much cash."

M "Excuse me? Give me? You aren't giving me anything. It is my cash which I pay this institution a monthly fee to store. I don't need to fill out an application form to take out money I have earned and paid taxes on."

B "You can always send an E-transfer or take out a bank draft."

M "I need cash for this transaction, thanks though."

B "Then you need to tell me what it is for."

Eventually the teller got to the branch manager involved. I'd actually dealt with her as a teller many times over the years as I have banked at this institution for 32 years. She's such a nice lady. She just scratched something on the form and gave me my money and apologized. The rationale they gave me was they need to make sure I am not using it for illegal purposes, or being scammed. The scam thing, I sorta get that. A lot of seniors are getting bilked buy scammers in india and Africa, but if I was using the money to buy illegal drugs or guns or tigers... I would be the first guy to just say I'm buying a car or some other big ticket item to get it over with.

I appreciate they backed off, but that being said, I shouldn't have to be a legacy customer to be able to take my money out of the bank without answering intrusive questions.

"I'd prefer not to answer." should suffice and move you onto the next step. I am a 49 year old man, you are a bank, not my parents.
Is it a law or something that they have to do that? That would piss me off. But I am sure there are idiots that would say "if you are doing anything illegal what's the problem, its just a form"

Banks and businesses should have absolutely zero to do with policing people, its evil.

If I was forced I think I would put '$8,000 to have my wife's chnt re-contoured.' and lick my lips while staring.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fotze2 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2024, 10:58 AM   #13614
kermitology
It's not easy being green!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckSlap View Post
You know what really grinds my gears?

Fire on ice on Tapatalk.

All weekend it won't load. Happens almost every weekend, but both Saturday and Sunday it won't load at all.

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk
Probably because of this.
Old 03-15-2024, 10:59 AM   #13615
The Yen Man
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
Not gonna lie, for me, if it's a beige coloured Camry / Accord or a CRV, I do that whenever I'm coming up to a merge onto a freeway (ie to Deerfoot or Stoney). Those strugglers always screw me over going 60km/hr on the merge onto the freeway, so I proactively try to get in front in case they are also about to turn onto the freeway ramp.
The Yen Man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Yen Man For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2024, 11:01 AM   #13616
fotze2
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yen Man View Post
Not gonna lie, for me, if it's a beige coloured Camry / Accord or a CRV, I do that whenever I'm coming up to a merge onto a freeway (ie to Deerfoot or Stoney). Those strugglers always screw me over going 60km/hr on the merge onto the freeway, so I proactively try to get in front in case they are also about to turn onto the freeway ramp.
Rav-4 as well.
Old 03-15-2024, 11:02 AM   #13617
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotze2 View Post
Is it a law or something that they have to do that? That would piss me off. But I am sure there are idiots that would say "if you are doing anything illegal what's the problem, its just a form"

Banks and businesses should have absolutely zero to do with policing people, its evil.

If I was forced I think I would put '$8,000 to have my wife's chnt re-contoured.' and lick my lips while staring.
It's entirely to protect people. The concern is that people withdraw the money for a scam and then come after the financial institution to say "you should've protected me (or my parent or whomever)". I'm a little surprised to see that for $8k, but I guess that's the world we live in these days.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2024, 11:03 AM   #13618
pylon
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotze2 View Post

I was so tempted to make it super awkward by saying it was for a penis enlargement, cocaine, late term back alley abortion for my mistress.... etc, but I have banked with these guys for so many years I didn't want some sort of note on my file. It's also not the teller that sets the policy, they are just following their orders.

In the past I usually just said "I'm buying a boat, bike, car..." whatever. But the constant erosion of our freedoms and privacy is a real hot button for me now and I just don't want anyone in my business more than the absolute minimum they need to be.
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM   #13619
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don’t think a scammer overseas would want cash. Would a senior mail that or something?

I think your situation should be three gear grinders though: Making you head out to bank to get cash instead of just accepting an etransfer, draft, cheque; the bank not just giving you the cash; and paying a monthly fee for banking.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 11:08 AM   #13620
Engine09
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Banks do that same #### if you're depositing cash, can't remember what amount but if it's over they ask you where you got it.

But withdrawing? I wouldn't answer them either, it's none of their business. All of the people getting scammed online aren't sending cash by mail anyways.

Really f'ing annoying.
Engine09 is offline   Reply With Quote