Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2024, 01:03 PM   #121
PeteMoss
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Banana Slug View Post
Any personal or ad hominem attacks should be met with the ban hammer, but as Cliff mentioned earlier, there are plenty of examples of pretty bad behaviour that goes unpunished.

I disagree with pretty much anything Hackey posts, and I suppose the seclund comment might cross a line, but honestly, is it any worse than the Anchorman “I don’t believe you” gif? I double checked when he said it, and it was in response to a Sec gif. Not really a personal attack and not really an attack on the source, since Sec didn’t say anything falsifiable. It seems like a whole bunch of nothing to me.
Meh.. unless someone's going over the line, a little chirping is fine. I assume these aren't delicate flowers that only post for adoration. Its all in good fun.
PeteMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PeteMoss For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2024, 01:12 PM   #122
saillias
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Many of you keep saying "well if hackey has a problem with it they can put insiders on ignore" - No that's not the point he clearly wants to call out this person, and mock the style of post. Maybe you put him on ignore? Your reactions are far more disruptive in my view
saillias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 01:17 PM   #123
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

There should be room for people to disagree and debate, but we need a defined line with attacks that discourage people from posting at all.

Some people think posters will develop a thicker hide by being laissez faire with sin binning/bans, but I think putting down the hammer on personal attacks is what will actually accomplish that, because those consequences will make those posters think twice before posting their emotionally triggered garbage posts that target others, and eventually might adopt some tolerance.
TrentCrimmIndependent is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TrentCrimmIndependent For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2024, 01:22 PM   #124
BloodFetish
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
Just to clarify, posters here were never too negative. I'd get the odd "why'd you make this?" comment on a player they didn't like, or ultimately no response at all as time went on and people lost interest in the team to some degree.

But the overall fanbase seemed to turn toxic as the Gaudreau core failed to win, so YouTube comments got uglier and more discouraging, and then that Robert Munnich guy from FlamesNation just started ripping my videos and reuploading them or sharing clips as his own while preemptively blocking me so maybe I wouldn't see them I guess?

The last straw was really just YouTube cracking down on copyright claims ultimately. My last video was of Mangi's Team Canada MVP performance and it got blocked immediately and flagged throughout after probably 20 hours of work for nothing.

If the team ever wins or at least goes on another deep run maybe I'll try again.
Just the other day I realized I hadn't seen a new AC Flames video for a while. That's okay - YouTube is a harsh mistress and I certainly wouldn't want the hassles you went through for them.

Thanks for all the great videos you did publish over the years. Anyone can hack together highlights but you did such a good job with blending the audio and I'm sure a lot of other design decisions that I didn't even notice!
BloodFetish is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BloodFetish For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2024, 02:51 PM   #125
Jay Random
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentCrimmIndependent View Post
With Markstrom talks ramping up again, I think any "seklund" comments should warrant the sin bin.
I regretfully agree.

I mean, I love a good bit of wordplay, and ‘Seclund’ is actually really clever. But it was only funny once, and it's annoying every time after that.
Old 03-01-2024, 02:52 PM   #126
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is seclund supposed to be an insult? guy has a lot of followers
Old 03-01-2024, 03:03 PM   #127
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Oooh I love passive aggressive vaguebooking. Name names! We want drama!
I just wanted to say thanks to all. The real insiders, the fake ones, the trolls, the defenders, the melodramatics etc. you all pulled together to make this slow work day quite entertaining. Since I made this post less than 24 hours ago this thread has quadrupled in size and the drama has not disappointed.

Oh yeah, and some hockey rumours may have happened too. But that’s kind of secondary to the human drama. That’s what always pulls me in.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 03:06 PM   #128
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
I just wanted to say thanks to all. The real insiders, the fake ones, the trolls, the defenders, the melodramatics etc. you all pulled together to make this slow work day quite entertaining. Since I made this post less than 24 hours ago this thread has quadrupled in size and the drama has not disappointed.

Oh yeah, and some hockey rumours may have happened too. But that’s kind of secondary to the human drama. That’s what always pulls me in.
Orchestrator of chaos.
Agent of evil.

Step on a rake.
TrentCrimmIndependent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 04:32 PM   #129
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
That's a pretty serious allegation - back it up, or shut the #### up
Lol. We all know who I’m talking about. I’ve been around for a long ass time and we used to have to have our sources verified by a mod. Now we just have clowns posting BS nonstop. “My sources tell me…. “ except they don’t have any. Bingo, if you’re fine with that then I guess they can just keep posting away.
habernac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to habernac For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2024, 04:39 PM   #130
Hackey
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

To be fair there were only two Seclund posts and both were after random gifs. Didnt realize it was that serious. I'll only use Secavalli from now on.
Hackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 04:41 PM   #131
Lanny'sDaMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackey View Post
To be fair there were only two Seclund posts and both were after random gifs. Didnt realize it was that serious. I'll only use Secavalli from now on.

OR!! Maybe stop acting like a feminine hygiene product and use the fella's chosen name.
Lanny'sDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lanny'sDaMan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2024, 04:42 PM   #132
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Fine I will reveal my source
Old 03-01-2024, 04:53 PM   #133
PuckSlap
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Fine I will reveal my source
Call me now!

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk
PuckSlap is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PuckSlap For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2024, 04:55 PM   #134
All In Good Time
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny'sDaMan View Post
OR!! Maybe stop acting like a feminine hygiene product and use the fella's chosen name.
Or perhaps Hackey is the new word for feminine hygiene product.
All In Good Time is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to All In Good Time For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2024, 04:58 PM   #135
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

For Sec’s (and others’) sake, I hope they don’t post any information again. Why? Because they don’t deserve what’s getting thrown at them. Keep in mind they are NOT Conroy, they don’t call the shots. They legit tell us what they heard from their source.

Enjoy the endless hypothetical proposals rather than legitimate rumors/speculation.
ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ForeverFlameFan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2024, 05:09 PM   #136
Sec214
First Line Centre

Exp:

Old 03-01-2024, 05:12 PM   #137
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's pretty funny that the people that are so insecure about themselves that they can't handle somebody else generating positive attention, or creating something that people find fun, had to come into a thread created specifically to thank the people that share inside information just to crap all over it again too.

It's one thing to post stuff in the Trade Rumours thread because I can kind of see being annoyed by taking over those threads if you don't like it (even if I still think even that is stupid)...but to come into this thread really just proves that they are insecure trolls.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 05:26 PM   #138
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well that gif doesn't seem positive!
Jiri Hrdina is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2024, 05:37 PM   #139
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Gotta think Sec214 is not happy with some of the negative comments.
Old 03-01-2024, 05:40 PM   #140
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
Just to clarify, posters here were never too negative. I'd get the odd "why'd you make this?" comment on a player they didn't like, or ultimately no response at all as time went on and people lost interest in the team to some degree.

But the overall fanbase seemed to turn toxic as the Gaudreau core failed to win, so YouTube comments got uglier and more discouraging, and then that Robert Munnich guy from FlamesNation just started ripping my videos and reuploading them or sharing clips as his own while preemptively blocking me so maybe I wouldn't see them I guess?

The last straw was really just YouTube cracking down on copyright claims ultimately. My last video was of Mangi's Team Canada MVP performance and it got blocked immediately and flagged throughout after probably 20 hours of work for nothing.

If the team ever wins or at least goes on another deep run maybe I'll try again.
I was going to suggest Patreon or something, because you’re incredibly talented and all your videos are the best hockey highlight videos I’ve ever seen. No exaggeration. But the copyright issue kind of kills that idea.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote