Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2024, 08:41 PM   #761
BaconGuy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Conroy should be swinging for the fences with every first he acquires that isn’t his own. Get those players with raw skill and worry about the other intangibles later

We don’t need Agostino / Hanowski. We need Debrincats / Thompsons

I would rather see him swing big and miss opposed to wasting these picks on safe 3rd line players
BaconGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BaconGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2024, 08:42 PM   #762
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
A 1st, and potentially another 1st (4th).
TrentCrimmIndependent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 08:42 PM   #763
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil Stain View Post
I'm disappointed the Flames didn't make the Nucks pay more to get out from under the Kuzmenko contract.

The guy had a 27% shooting percentage last year which is the highest shooting percentage by a player in any single season since the lockout.

This year his shooting percentage has gone back to normal and he has been a drag on the Canucks cap. His production is very disappointing considering he's still been on the 1st PP all season.

I feel like the Flames should have gotten a 1st + for Lindholm and a 1st for taking Kuzmenko. I see him as a worse player than Monahan who the Flames traded a 1st to dump.

Also, if the Flames are now in the business of helping their Canadian rivals, I wish they would have sent Lindholm to the Oilers instead.
I think Chicago would have taken Kuzmenko for cheap like they did with Beauvillier.
Bonded is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 08:43 PM   #764
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I'm disappointed the Flames didn't make the Nucks pay more to get out from under the Kuzmenko contract.

The guy had a 27% shooting percentage last year which is the highest shooting percentage by a player in any single season since the lockout.

This year his shooting percentage has gone back to normal and he has been a drag on the Canucks cap. His production is very disappointing considering he's still been on the 1st PP all season.

I feel like the Flames should have gotten a 1st + for Lindholm and a 1st for taking Kuzmenko. I see him as a worse player than Monahan who the Flames traded a 1st to dump.

Also, if the Flames are now in the business of helping their Canadian rivals, I wish they would have sent Lindholm to the Oilers instead.
Haha. This is what the oilers get for being despicable.
Old 01-31-2024, 08:43 PM   #765
Bubba17
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSharp View Post
There's no one for Hubes to pass the puck to on a shootout...
OK, you don't like his attitude towards the LGBTQ part of society and think it's ok to ostracize him. If that is the case and you don't respect his cultural understanding and his stance are you not doing the exact same thing?
Bubba17 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bubba17 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2024, 08:44 PM   #766
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
I know quite a few LGBT-Q folk who don't much like or support the "movement" or "Group" either. Are they a problem too?
Are they jaded about a corporate sponsorship of said "movement", or are they objecting of the "group"?

I ask that even if I'm assuming either of the quoted terms in your reply. I've never interacted with any member of the community that disapproves of these events other than the corporate pandering, which is understandable. Most of them see it as a necessary eyeroll towards inclusivity and awareness.

But that's just anecdotal...

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2024, 08:46 PM   #767
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

I know it's unlikely given the range of the pick, but it would be cool to snag Iggy Jr. with the first.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TrentCrimmIndependent For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2024, 08:46 PM   #768
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Traaaaaaade graaaaaaades!

Both sides get an 'A'.

http://dailyfaceoff.com/grading-the-...ficant-assets/

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 08:46 PM   #769
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Random View Post
Apparently not. Sharangovich played all his high-level hockey in Minsk before coming to North America. Kuzmenko comes from Yakutsk (reputedly the coldest city in the world), and played his high-level hockey in Moscow.
Yakutsk is the coldest city in the world its size or larger. It is also the largest city in the world built on year round permafrost. It's basically the Yellowknife of Russia, but with a population half the size of Winnipeg.
Old 01-31-2024, 08:47 PM   #770
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonded View Post
I think Chicago would have taken Kuzmenko for cheap like they did with Beauvillier.

Nah. Canucks went down that road. They had no interest in a player with a second year. Rumour is they plan to go big game hunting

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blaster86 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2024, 08:47 PM   #771
JJolg
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:

You see a player that scored 40 last season as a lesser value than Monahan when we traded him? 23,28, and 40 point player that got minutes? You can't be serious
JJolg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JJolg For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2024, 08:48 PM   #772
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
Traaaaaaade graaaaaaades!

Both sides get an 'A'.

http://dailyfaceoff.com/grading-the-...ficant-assets/
an A for Vancouver? lol. Must be a homer article. C+
Old 01-31-2024, 08:49 PM   #773
monkeyman
First Line Centre

Exp:

This trade feels like a home run. A roster player who can come in and play right away, two prospects who can hopefully compete in a year or two, and some picks to build with for the next 4> years.
Old 01-31-2024, 08:49 PM   #774
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Everyone dumping on Kuzmenko would have done the same midseason about Sharangovich last season. We have all been proven wrong on that deal. Kuzmenko has been buried in Vancouver's lineup and plays 3rd/4th line minutes much of the time. Give him a few months to see how it pans out. He was highly touted from the KHL for a reason, this isn't a one year wonder scenario. He's been a solid player outside the NHL for many years. I wouldn't write him off after half a season on a deep Canucks squad.
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to trackercowe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2024, 08:49 PM   #775
Flamescuprun2018
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
If he was any good at playing center he'd still be in Jersey.

He's a top 6 W.
I would argue we don't need good this season. Just adequate for Huby and Kuzy.

By next year Zary is a 2C anyways.
Flamescuprun2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 08:49 PM   #776
stemit14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentCrimmIndependent View Post
I know it's unlikely given the range of the pick, but it would be cool to snag Iggy Jr. with the first.
If the flames collect another 1st round pick, I could see them packaging a couple picks in the 25th to 30th overall range along with a roster player (like Coleman for example) for a pick in the 18th to 14th overall range if it means they could get Iginla.
stemit14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 08:50 PM   #777
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrangy View Post
Reaffirms my belief that this team is not and never will rebuild. The Flames clearly see Kuzmenko as someone who is here to have them win games and value him as such.

Once again failing to use retention to maximize value shows that ownership is continuing their past ways.

This team is still missing 2 players at the very top of the roster to make it an actual relevant deep playoff threat, and while Lindholm did not have the value to bring in any good shots at one on his own, I do think he should have been able to be converted into better shots at one than he has been.

Ultimately, I think this ends up just shuffling the deck chairs. We’ll see what happens with the rest of the impending trades.
But the load of futures acquired along with him...?

I'm not even looking at kuzmenko as the important part of this trade.

They got their futures for a rental C having a down year.
Old 01-31-2024, 08:50 PM   #778
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:
Icon28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
Nah. Canucks went down that road. They had no interest in a player with a second year. Rumour is they plan to go big game hunting
Well then Conroy should have got another 1st lol!
Bonded is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 08:51 PM   #779
Kipper_3434
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
Anyone who pays Lindholm $7.5mil+ is going to have Huberdeau-like regrets.
Doubt it...7.5m is the new 4m , folks are still stuck on the cap from 10 years ago.
Kipper_3434 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kipper_3434 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2024, 08:52 PM   #780
blender
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob-loblaw View Post
We need an Around the League report on this trade for the Vancouver perspective.
The write up in the Athletic is generally favorable to Vancouver.
Pronman doesn't think too highly of Brzustewicz, Kuzmenko, or the other guy. Thinks the only premium asset is the 1st.
B- for the Flames.
blender is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blender For This Useful Post: