Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2023, 08:58 AM   #9901
GhostCookie
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverFlameFan View Post
This is just a personal opinion/speculation, but what goaltender would want to go there? Campbell was a decent goalie, had no help, strings some losses and has some rough games, and they make him the scapegoat and drop him off of the face of the earth (Bakersfield) and claim he's the problem. What goalie wants to go into that city with that kind of pressure?

And this isn't just Campbell, this has been a problem for YEARS. I don't even want to take the time to label out all of the goalies that have been on that garbage roster and played terribly there because of terrible defense. It's no secret almost all goalies that go from Edmonton to another team play some of their best hockey when they leave the gong show up north.

So, can't say I am "shocked" at all when a goalie utilizes their NTC to not go there.
I think I can get what they were trying to do, send him down to a team that had been playing well with very few goals against to help him find his confidence. The only problem is it's a risk to do something like that and it blew up in their faces hilariously. Now they are a team that has proven themselves as destroying goalies careers, and not unwilling to eat nearly 4 million in cap hit to send their starters down to the minors. What goaltender would want to go there indeed.

If you are a goalie with any hopes for the future, you probably don't want to play for a team with no commitment to defense, a terrible set of defense on the roster, an org and fanbase that will absolutely crucify you for every mistake, and a chance to get relegated out of a career by being dumped in the A unceremoniously. Who in their right mind signs there or doesn't use trade protection to avoid being sent there.
Old 11-21-2023, 09:01 AM   #9902
GhostCookie
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
That new coach bump sure went quick they got 2 wins out of it. I guess that is 40% of all their wins this year.
Shrinkflation is out of control, used to be you could get a good month out of a new coach bump.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GhostCookie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2023, 09:23 AM   #9903
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

All those 10 year olds growing up watching McDavid and thinking the Oilers were good are 18 now, and getting to learn a truth about life.

Edmonton is No Good.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2023, 09:25 AM   #9904
klikitiklik
Scoring Winger

Exp:

These are the best of days my friends. When you look back in twenty years and say,

"Hey Remember when the Hartford Oilers used to play in Edmonton and they had the reputed two best players in the NHL? Man those were good times. I still can't believe Calgary felt so bad, they let them have their AHL team. Good guys those Flames"

I'll always cherish these days.

Old 11-21-2023, 09:31 AM   #9905
BeltlineFan
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescorpion View Post
Lol

https://twitter.com/user/status/1726844284320813482
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to BeltlineFan For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2023, 09:31 AM   #9906
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
All those 10 year olds growing up watching McDavid and thinking the Oilers were good are 18 now, and getting to learn a truth about life.

Edmonton is No Good.
At least they can drink now, so that makes being an Oiler fan a little easier.
Old 11-21-2023, 09:49 AM   #9907
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Genuinely can't get enough of this Edmonton meltdown. Now the apparatchiks are knifing each other after carrying wheelbarrows of manure for the team for decades.

It's dawning on a few oilers fans I know that the decade of darkness never ended, they wasted a generational talent wandering the desert, a historic level of incompetence.
The Following User Says Thank You to burn_this_city For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2023, 10:00 AM   #9908
Bubba17
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Last night Louie had the night off so instead of getting a non-partial announcer they brought in Jamal Mayers. That dude is a worse Oiler fluffer than Ron MacLean.

Sportsnet is so brutal with Oiler apologizers it even makes fans hate the Oilers more each year.
Old 11-21-2023, 10:05 AM   #9909
Scornfire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Wait, that was an actual text exchange between peel and spector? lmfao
Old 11-21-2023, 10:12 AM   #9910
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba17 View Post
Last night Louie had the night off so instead of getting a non-partial announcer they brought in Jamal Mayers. That dude is a worse Oiler fluffer than Ron MacLean.

Sportsnet is so brutal with Oiler apologizers it even makes fans hate the Oilers more each year.
It’s completely obvious that Sportsnet has a request from the Oilers that people they bring in must fluff the team.
Old 11-21-2023, 10:21 AM   #9911
Jacks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Didn't see this posted anywhere.
That team defence, just wow.
https://twitter.com/user/status/1726778670856208474
Old 11-21-2023, 10:23 AM   #9912
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Which fanbase is more soft when it comes to the media the Leafs or the Oilers?

Oiler fans always get on Spector when he keeps it real when their team is losing. For every article he writes that rips the team writes 2-3 praising the Oilers as legit contenders and one of the best teams/organizations in the league. Is there a more disappointing team ever right now? Cup or bust to bottom 3. They should be getting ripped nightly!

All I have read on Twitter the past couple of days about the Leafs is whining over Lebrun’s article about Nylander’s next contract. Leafs fans want all the love but when their team struggles they cry and get soft and say the media is out to get them.
Old 11-21-2023, 10:26 AM   #9913
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lol they have Carolina on Wednesday.. let's go!
Old 11-21-2023, 10:31 AM   #9914
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scornfire View Post
Wait, that was an actual text exchange between peel and spector? lmfao
I like Spector being shown up as much as anyone but Peel's kind of a loser himself. Why would anyone in league circles have private exchanges with him going forward after this?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2023, 10:33 AM   #9915
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

not sure what i like to see more, the Oilers giving up a goal and the dejected look from either Nurse or Bouch Bomb or pissy Leon on the bench? its a toss up. When people would say Bouchard couldnt play D, i for some reason gave him the benefit of the doubt. now there is no doubt, he is awful.
Old 11-21-2023, 10:36 AM   #9916
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Oiler fans always get on Spector when he keeps it real when their team is losing. For every article he writes that rips the team writes 2-3 praising the Oilers as legit contenders and one of the best teams/organizations in the league. Is there a more disappointing team ever right now? Cup or bust to bottom 3. They should be getting ripped nightly!

All I have read on Twitter the past couple of days about the Leafs is whining over Lebrun’s article about Nylander’s next contract. Leafs fans want all the love but when their team struggles they cry and get soft and say the media is out to get them.
All I know is the Flames have to be the easiest Canadian organization to work for when it comes to dealing with media. Even when the team stinks, the local media rarely gets overly negative or pointed with questions. Valji throws the odd curveball but he gets pretty lambasted here over it.
Old 11-21-2023, 10:38 AM   #9917
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Oh my god. Edmonton. And it is not even close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2023, 10:39 AM   #9918
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
All I know is the Flames have to be the easiest Canadian organization to work for when it comes to dealing with media. Even when the team stinks, the local media rarely gets overly negative or pointed with questions. Valji throws the odd curveball but he gets pretty lambasted here over it.
What the hell are you doing. Did you not read the thread-title?

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2023, 10:45 AM   #9919
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd liner View Post
This is best timeline. Spector and his darlings at each other’s throats. Mcdavid looks like the alcoholic guy from Shameless.
I see Red Skull.

Old 11-21-2023, 10:57 AM   #9920
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

It is interesting seeing both the Flames and the Oilers switch to that zone style defense. You can see how the Flames have adapted while the Oilers still look like a fish out of water. Those clips from last night against Florida were what the Flames looked like early in the season. Seeing how we are almost 20 games in and the Oilers are still struggling, that says a lot about their players.
Closed Thread

Tags
e=ng , edmonton is no good , no good no good , no good no good no good , not f***ing good enough