Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2023, 10:28 PM   #14241
Doctorfever
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_oi View Post
What’s your endgame here?
What is yours?
Old 08-15-2023, 10:29 PM   #14242
Doctorfever
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
Cool - so you want to stick it to the feds because you find that funny, but what about the thousands of Albertans that have just potentially lost their jobs because of this dumb moratorium on renewables and the redirected investment opportunities to other jurisdictions by energy companies? Do you think that's funny too?
Source on the thousands of jobs lost?
Old 08-15-2023, 10:33 PM   #14243
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorfever View Post
Pretty sure he was saying just that with a banana in his hand. Lol

And I have had 7 too many beers. Lol
Mix in a water and try again.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2023, 10:36 PM   #14244
Doctorfever
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
Mix in a water and try again.
Maybe tomorrow

Cheers!
Old 08-15-2023, 10:56 PM   #14245
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
What is yours?
Basically I’m providing my own personal views on politics in this province with the hopes of maybe convincing the more rationally thinking supporters of Danielle Smith with kindness that she should either reverse or at least moderate a single one of her party’s policies that her sycophants are trying to fool voters into believing is a good thing for Albertans when it really isn’t. In the perhaps vain hope that they’ll hold her accountable to implement said policy change that would actually help working Albertans with minimal to zero government intervention. You know, with freedom and all that allegedly being paramount to her and a number of her supporters.

I do so because I actually give a #### about the well being of the average Albertan, something I don’t think the premiere would pass a polygraph test while saying.

Your turn.
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iggy_oi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2023, 10:56 PM   #14246
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Source on the thousands of jobs lost?
Nice.. jump straight to the strawman. But since you asked, here you go:

Jobs will be wiped out with Alberta’s pause on renewable energy: industry group

https://globalnews.ca/news/9886056/j...ndustry-group/

Quote:
An industry group says Alberta’s decision to pause approvals of new renewable energy projects is putting the lives of thousands of workers on hold.

Iron and Earth, a group that assists fossil fuel employees transition to the renewables industry, says the United Conservative Party’s announcement last week for a moratorium on renewable projects will wipe out a season on work.

Director Luisa Da Silva says those workers have bills to pay and many are likely to leave the province if they are essentially asked to not work.
Renewable energy workers say Alberta's pause will wipe out season of work

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...erta-1.6932005

Quote:
"You're asking people to put a pause on their lives," said Luisa Da Silva, director of Iron and Earth, a group that assists fossil fuel employees transition to the renewables industry. "You're asking people not to work."
Quote:
"I don't know what their thinking is," Da Silva said. "But I don't think it's fair to ask people to not work and to basically shut down the industry for six months."

Da Silva said the effect of the pause is likely to last much longer, as both the pause itself and the uncertainty of its result will affect planning for next year's construction season and beyond. It comes as other jurisdictions in Canada and the United States are ramping up their renewable energy.

"What's going to stop workers from going where the jobs are?" Da Silva asked. "Not much."
Would you like more sources? Or are you too drunk to read and interpret properly?
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2023, 11:22 PM   #14247
Doctorfever
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_oi View Post
Basically I’m providing my own personal views on politics in this province with the hopes of maybe convincing the more rationally thinking supporters of Danielle Smith with kindness that she should either reverse or at least moderate a single one of her party’s policies that her sycophants are trying to fool voters into believing is a good thing for Albertans when it really isn’t. In the perhaps vain hope that they’ll hold her accountable to implement said policy change that would actually help working Albertans with minimal to zero government intervention. You know, with freedom and all that allegedly being paramount to her and a number of her supporters.

I do so because I actually give a #### about the well being of the average Albertan, something I don’t think the premiere would pass a polygraph test while saying.

Your turn.
Budweiser salutes you.

Well, Bud Light does I guess.
Old 08-15-2023, 11:24 PM   #14248
Doctorfever
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Nice.. jump straight to the strawman. But since you asked, here you go:

Jobs will be wiped out with Alberta’s pause on renewable energy: industry group

https://globalnews.ca/news/9886056/j...ndustry-group/

Renewable energy workers say Alberta's pause will wipe out season of work

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...erta-1.6932005

Would you like more sources? Or are you too drunk to read and interpret properly?
Too drunk. Lol.

Lots of maybes there. Not one lost so far though.

Might be lost tomorrow, but not today
Old 08-15-2023, 11:30 PM   #14249
timun
First Line Centre

Exp:

Axiomata:

Quote:
Originally Posted by timun View Post
Spoiler!
Quote:
Quoting myself from last year:

Quote:
The message I get from the UCP is "if you're not one of our cronies you're worthless scum to us", and their policy decisions are driven more by wrongful intentions than anything. I truly, honestly believe the UCP do not have consideration for anyone else's best interests. From where I'm standing they actively want to wreck Alberta more than help.
I couldn't be more correct.
Quote:
As far as I can tell the moratorium is purely to spite the renewable energy industry in this province, as retribution for all the perceived malfeasance by "the Left" against the oil and gas industry. That's all it is: a big ####-you to "pwn the libs". There is no rhyme or reason to it other than that.
Demonstratio:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoho View Post
Welcome to the last 8 years for the O@G sector under Trudeau.
Q.E.D.

Imagine how much enmity one must have for their fellow man—how utterly bereft of morals and basic human decency one must be—to support the United Conservative Party. It's impressive, in a way, how low people will go.
timun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to timun For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2023, 11:37 PM   #14250
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Too drunk. Lol.

Lots of maybes there. Not one lost so far though.

Might be lost tomorrow, but not today
...which is explicitly what I said in my posts - they're coming. Oh, and - are you sure one hasn't been lost yet? Those articles are a week old now. Can you provide a source to your claim that one job hasn't been lost yet?
Old 08-15-2023, 11:41 PM   #14251
Doctorfever
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
...which is explicitly what I said in my posts - they're coming. Oh, and - are you sure one hasn't been lost yet? Those articles are a week old now. Can you provide a source to your claim that one job hasn't been lost yet?
Straw man.

If you have a straw. Put is in a drink and have fun!! We might be without jobs tomorrow
Old 08-15-2023, 11:45 PM   #14252
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Budweiser salutes you.

Well, Bud Light does I guess.
Maybe it’s time for you to call it a night Doctorfever.
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iggy_oi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2023, 11:47 PM   #14253
Doctorfever
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I feel a fever coming on. Good night
Old 08-15-2023, 11:57 PM   #14254
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Straw man.

If you have a straw. Put is in a drink and have fun!! We might be without jobs tomorrow
Yeah you're drunk. Maybe come back when you're coherent, not getting things wrong, and can provide a link to your jobs claim.
Old 08-16-2023, 03:14 AM   #14255
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I’m talking about blocking every pipeline project possible. Thankfully JT doesn’t control the price of oil.
Yoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 03:39 AM   #14256
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Axiomata:

Demonstratio:

Q.E.D.

Imagine how much enmity one must have for their fellow man—how utterly bereft of morals and basic human decency one must be—to support the United Conservative Party. It's impressive, in a way, how low people will go.

You sure enjoy quoting yourself. Again missed these tears when other projects went up in smoke.

Did you honestly think the Liberals were the only party that could railroad projects out of spite?
Yoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 05:46 AM   #14257
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Trudeau got more pipelines done than Harper. Biden cancelled Keystone. And both upstream and midstream companies are doing just fine (if not outright profiteering at new heights).

This upcoming moratorium could end up costing Albertans and Alberta industry dearly, and that was imposed by Bus Boobs for still no discernible good reason.

What is about some conservatives who can't seem to get this through their sponge cake brains?
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2023, 06:01 AM   #14258
Whynotnow
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoho View Post
I’m talking about blocking every pipeline project possible. Thankfully JT doesn’t control the price of oil.
He screwed Alberta and Enbridge on Gateway for sure, but I don’t think he’s had an impact on another pipeline project at all. I’ve got no love lost for him, I think he’s an empty shell but if we are cancelling renewable projects because we are mad at him, that’s some pretty piss poor policy making.
Whynotnow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Whynotnow For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2023, 07:09 AM   #14259
timun
First Line Centre

Exp:
Icon55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
This upcoming moratorium could end up costing Albertans and Alberta industry dearly, and that was imposed by Bus Boobs for still no discernible good reason.

What is about some conservatives who can't seem to get this through their sponge cake brains?
It makes all the sense in the world to conservatives:

Quote:
Just pretend you have no morals and decency, and your purpose in life is to lash out against your "enemies". Once you're at that point you sprinkle in some classic whataboutery in the Stalinist tradition, and thereafter you can "rationalize" anything.

The purpose of the moratorium is to hurt people who don't work in oil & gas. That the people in question are fellow Albertans is irrelevant: to the conservative, if you work in the renewables industry you must be a liberal, thus you must be punished.

That's all there is to it.
timun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 07:22 AM   #14260
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
It makes all the sense in the world to conservatives:

Just pretend you have no morals and decency, and your purpose in life is to lash out against your "enemies". Once you're at that point you sprinkle in some classic whataboutery in the Stalinist tradition, and thereafter you can "rationalize" anything.

The purpose of the moratorium is to hurt people who don't work in oil & gas. That the people in question are fellow Albertans is irrelevant: to the conservative, if you work in the renewables industry you must be a liberal, thus you must be punished.

That's all there is to it.
Yup, which is also on clear display with the "just transition" resistance. She's directly hurting Albertans because of ideology. As an Albertan who would be interested in transitioning from my O&G career, it's a real kick in the pickle. But UCP supporters don't really care about anyone else, so this stuff is all a big win for their brains.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote