Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2023, 11:34 AM   #601
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

So in Episode 9 Trent Crimm is wearing a 'Dolly Parton' shirt and I just had a client come in wearing the exact same shirt.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 03:12 PM   #602
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

And I love the sketchy characters that they dont flesh out...

Like the creepy ass caretaker or the lunatic Bus driver.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 05-18-2023, 10:18 PM   #603
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty2hotty View Post
Agreed. He’s such a great actor and very likeable. Was terrific in Veep.
I'm watching The Afterparty right now, and I almost didn't realize it's the same guy.
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 08:51 AM   #604
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bumface View Post
I'm watching The Afterparty right now, and I almost didn't realize it's the same guy.
That was a fun show and I didn't recognize him either.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 10:29 AM   #605
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

It just feels a bit weird to me that the show Ted Lasso is at this point barely about the character Ted Lasso at all.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2023, 10:35 AM   #606
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
It just feels a bit weird to me that the show Ted Lasso is at this point barely about the character Ted Lasso at all.
This most recent episode has to be the least he was featured in an episode for sure. (I can't recall if he was in Beard's night out at all).
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 11:11 AM   #607
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

To me it's felt like he's been a side character for pretty much the whole season. There was the stuff with his ex and their couples' counselor but that wasn't any more central than any other storyline going on this year.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 12:49 PM   #608
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

It took me a minute to get the "I swapped the E with a U" line. Then I lol'd. I couldn't immediately remember Roy's last name.
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sr. Mints For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2023, 12:51 PM   #609
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
To me it's felt like he's been a side character for pretty much the whole season. There was the stuff with his ex and their couples' counselor but that wasn't any more central than any other storyline going on this year.
Not much different than Seinfeld in that regard. His stories were rarely the main storylines, and the other characters were all a little more developed and interesting/funny.
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 01:34 PM   #610
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superflyer View Post
You owe me a pound.
Fair play.

Old 05-19-2023, 02:28 PM   #611
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
It is so difficult for my mind to accept Sam Richardson as a villain. He's damn good at it, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty2hotty View Post
Agreed. He’s such a great actor and very likeable. Was terrific in Veep.
I didn't even put that all together.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 05:10 PM   #612
puckhog
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
My wife and I think this is deliberate and very much part of the show’s central tenets. One of the early messages was “hurt people hurt people” (people in pain are likely to hurt other people). This is evident with a few characters: Rebecca trying to sabotage the team; Jamie hurting Keeley, Nate, Sam and others. Even Roy has his issues, though arguably the person he was hurting the most was himself. In season 2 it was Nate - his insecurity caused him to lash out (obviously first at Will, then later at Ted and the team)

After three years with Ted, all of those characters have grown a ton, and now we’re seeing more of the effect of Ted’s influence rather than his actual influence. This part of the story would have been impossible without him, but he’s not really necessary anymore. It actually became really clear in the season 2 Christmas episode when everyone went to the Higgins’ house. Ted wasn’t active in that story but the actions of everyone involved in that story have his fingerprints all over them.

It also leads to what I think will be the finale, where I think Ted has to leave to be with Henry and everyone he leaves will be better from having known him.
puckhog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to puckhog For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2023, 06:46 PM   #613
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wonder how the writers will give the billionaire man baby his comeuppance?

He's gonna get it somehow. Probably a scandal of some sort where he ends up bankrupt somehow.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 07:16 PM   #614
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jamie wearing Sam's number for England was so sweet
Old 05-22-2023, 08:18 AM   #615
indes
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckhog View Post
My wife and I think this is deliberate and very much part of the show’s central tenets. One of the early messages was “hurt people hurt people” (people in pain are likely to hurt other people). This is evident with a few characters: Rebecca trying to sabotage the team; Jamie hurting Keeley, Nate, Sam and others. Even Roy has his issues, though arguably the person he was hurting the most was himself. In season 2 it was Nate - his insecurity caused him to lash out (obviously first at Will, then later at Ted and the team)

After three years with Ted, all of those characters have grown a ton, and now we’re seeing more of the effect of Ted’s influence rather than his actual influence. This part of the story would have been impossible without him, but he’s not really necessary anymore. It actually became really clear in the season 2 Christmas episode when everyone went to the Higgins’ house. Ted wasn’t active in that story but the actions of everyone involved in that story have his fingerprints all over them.

It also leads to what I think will be the finale, where I think Ted has to leave to be with Henry and everyone he leaves will be better from having known him.
I think you nailed it. My predictions;

Ted heads back state side to get back together with his family

Roy takes over as manager and Nate, redeemed, joins as an assistant

Richmond beats West Ham to take the title. Jamie reaches superstar status

Rebecca ends up with the boat guy from Amsterdam

Not sure that could all fit in two episodes.

Last edited by indes; 05-22-2023 at 08:21 AM.
indes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 08:34 AM   #616
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think Rebecca ends up back with Sam, they had that kinda awkward encounter in the last episode, and the whole crystal ball thing.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 12:36 PM   #617
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
I wonder how the writers will give the billionaire man baby his comeuppance?

He's gonna get it somehow. Probably a scandal of some sort where he ends up bankrupt somehow.
Rupert's punishment will be that he's Rupert. Eternally hungry and never satisfied.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 03:20 PM   #618
Torture
Loves Teh Chat!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckhog View Post

Exactly, as Trent Crimm points out, he's been slowly masterminding the culture change at Richmond since the beginning .
Torture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 07:13 PM   #619
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
Rupert's punishment will be that he's Rupert. Eternally hungry and never satisfied.
Not Rupert. The African guy who inherited his fortune and is now going after Sam because Sam turned his offer down and he flips out when he doesn't get his way.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 09:45 PM   #620
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ugh one episode left. I am not ready.

Even Jamie's dad gets some redemption. They better leave Rupert as is.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hockeyguy15 For This Useful Post: