Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2023, 06:37 AM   #221
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

The root of all the "corporate LGBTQ+" business is Blackrocks ESG rating system, which is basically their first draft of a social credit system. As it stands, the big US financiers are limited to their influence being monetary, being able to claim status as a moral authority opens up many more avenues for them to assert dominance and control.

Theyve found an issue thats divisive, but the majority of people are clearly going to end up on the pro side, which reinforces the ESG rating system as valid in the minds of the public. Doesnt seem like much now, but its unreasonably naive to think these systems are being put in place for the benefit of anyone but the board members at these financial insitutions and their long-term ambitions.

Long story short, if you take your moral ques from big corporations, youre going to end up ####ed in the head. Bullying people into complying with corporate moral authoritism is peak "clapping seal" behavior.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Matata For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2023, 07:02 AM   #222
icarus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post
The root of all the "corporate LGBTQ+" business is Blackrocks ESG rating system, which is basically their first draft of a social credit system. As it stands, the big US financiers are limited to their influence being monetary, being able to claim status as a moral authority opens up many more avenues for them to assert dominance and control.

Theyve found an issue thats divisive, but the majority of people are clearly going to end up on the pro side, which reinforces the ESG rating system as valid in the minds of the public. Doesnt seem like much now, but its unreasonably naive to think these systems are being put in place for the benefit of anyone but the board members at these financial insitutions and their long-term ambitions.

Long story short, if you take your moral ques from big corporations, youre going to end up ####ed in the head. Bullying people into complying with corporate moral authoritism is peak "clapping seal" behavior.
Fascinating
Old 03-24-2023, 09:20 AM   #223
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:

Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 09:31 AM   #224
GIODUDE
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by saillias View Post
delete this
Because he pointed out the nuance in what Reimer was saying? Agree or disagree, this was the point Reimer was trying to make.
GIODUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 09:33 AM   #225
GIODUDE
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by icarus View Post
Fascinating
Wonderfully put.
GIODUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 09:42 AM   #226
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Stay Gold Pony Boy

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 09:48 AM   #227
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

Quote:

Back to r/conspiracy you go bud. Shoo
Looch City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 09:54 AM   #228
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIODUDE View Post
Because he pointed out the nuance in what Reimer was saying? Agree or disagree, this was the point Reimer was trying to make.
And what point are the jerseys trying to make?
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 12:34 PM   #229
MRCboicgy
Referee

Exp:

Those of you with Athletic subscriptions should probably read LeBrun's article on these nights and why it matters.

A few cherry-picked quotes

Quote:
.This is saying everyone is welcomed into hockey's society. That's not politics, sorry. That's human decency
Quote:
"It's about the community for one night that wants to feel welcomed by the NHL and the sport and feel safe - by their favorite NHL team. It's about the community and welcoming everyone in and not pushing them out." (Bayne Pettinger - NHL player agent)

Last edited by MRCboicgy; 03-24-2023 at 03:05 PM.
MRCboicgy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MRCboicgy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2023, 12:51 PM   #230
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by icarus View Post
Fascinating
Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 01:50 PM   #231
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wonder what some of these players who refuse to wear the pride jerseys based on their beliefs would do if they ever got traded to New Jersey
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 01:57 PM   #232
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCboicgy View Post
Those of you with Athletic subscriptions should probably read LeBrun's article on these nights and why it matters.
Why? I mean I probably share most, maybe even all of LeBrun's opinions about the subject matter, but leaving that aside, why in God's name should I care at all what he thinks? What are his qualifications to talk about anything related to... any of this?

Sports journalists are barely journalists; they certainly aren't public intellectuals and shouldn't try to pretend they are.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 02:06 PM   #233
Geeoff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Fingers crossed that no Flames are gonna have a problem with this.
Geeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 02:07 PM   #234
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

Personally, I'm fine with the Florida approach of not forcing players to wear the jerseys in warm-ups but encouraging everyone to participate. If a player doesn't want to wear the jersey for one of these events, be it pride night, black history night, indigenous culture night, or whatever other nights the organization celebrates, then maybe I don't want to cheer for them anymore. I wouldn't want to cheer for somebody while under the false impression that they care about something important to me even though they really stand against it. Also, if it's a choice to wear it or not, I know the players who did put it on did so because they wanted to, and that would make me a bigger fan of theirs to know they also care about and support something important to me.

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 02:08 PM   #235
dustygoon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

It's funny. I just don't like when media like Lebrun or Tara Sloan whom I see as experts in a narrow area like hockey news give opinion. I just want the news.

But when I hear Burke, or a player like Giordano talk about inclusiveness, I stop to listen. I want more of those folks talking to drown out the Staal's and Reimers.
Old 03-24-2023, 02:11 PM   #236
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I liked this one.

Quote:
“A night like tonight, for me, really is just all about including everybody,” Tkachuk said. “In my opinion, it’s by far the greatest game in the world, and everybody’s welcome in my locker room.”
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 02:14 PM   #237
Hockey_Ninja

Exp:

Quote:

Old 03-24-2023, 02:20 PM   #238
Oil Stain
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah, imagine taking your moral ques from the storybook of a 2000 year old corporate entity that condones things like slavery and child marriage, but condemns two people with the same private parts being together.

Oil Stain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Oil Stain For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2023, 02:29 PM   #239
MRCboicgy
Referee

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Why? I mean I probably share most, maybe even all of LeBrun's opinions about the subject matter, but leaving that aside, why in God's name should I care at all what he thinks? What are his qualifications to talk about anything related to... any of this?

Sports journalists are barely journalists; they certainly aren't public intellectuals and shouldn't try to pretend they are.
Umm, because he's previously helped LGBTQ players to share their stories in a respectful and humanizing way, as well as sharing some other stories in a way that others probably wouldn't.

Edit: https://theathletic.com/2178746/2020...ent-comes-out/
https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/...ady-gay-player
https://podcasts.apple.com/ca/podcas...=1000529387500

Obviously the community and players trust him with their personal stories, so yeah, he's got a well-informed opinion that you should listen to.

Last edited by MRCboicgy; 03-24-2023 at 02:39 PM.
MRCboicgy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MRCboicgy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2023, 02:32 PM   #240
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

What the hell are ques?
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post: