Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-15-2023, 06:03 PM   #41
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

I asked it for a sandwich recipe with the ingredients i had. turned out great. i then asked if i should rub the mustard all over myself first to get my skins flavour to the sandwich. it said no i would get a rash. i then said i did it anyways and how to fix the rash. it gave me some advice on creams. i then asked i should put the creams on my genitals and it said no. i then said i did it anyways and now my genitals were bright red and itchy. damn thing is still being patient with me
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 08:38 PM   #42
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
I asked it for a sandwich recipe with the ingredients i had. turned out great. i then asked if i should rub the mustard all over myself first to get my skins flavour to the sandwich. it said no i would get a rash. i then said i did it anyways and how to fix the rash. it gave me some advice on creams. i then asked i should put the creams on my genitals and it said no. i then said i did it anyways and now my genitals were bright red and itchy. damn thing is still being patient with me
Gees dude. It's not intended to be a fantasy hotline. Are you trying to infuse a sex doll with conversation skills?
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2023, 02:31 PM   #43
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Very true, I just gave it this task:

Write a web page intro for a cloud technology company using lots of corporate buzz words

The language model is great at corporate BS. Like, stunningly good.
What anybody in web design/development will tell you is the true magic is that it didn't exceed 4 paragraphs. Right off the bat it's better than 95% of clients who write their own stuff.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Russic For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2023, 07:06 PM   #44
calgarywinning
First Line Centre

Exp:

On the Road could not be written by ChatGPT.
calgarywinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 09:18 PM   #45
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm a dungeons and dragon's player (don't hate!). There's talk of having ai dungeon masters that create their own maps and campaigns. It doesn't really work yet but still it's crazy
calumniate is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calumniate For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2023, 11:05 AM   #46
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calumniate View Post
I'm a dungeons and dragon's player (don't hate!). There's talk of having ai dungeon masters that create their own maps and campaigns. It doesn't really work yet but still it's crazy
How baller would it be to be able to just bust out some dice and paper by yourself and have a completely impartial AI DM you through a few adventures?

(I get that D&D is all about friends and groups etc, but I'm almost 50 and know literally one person that would even want to do something like that - never mind actually being able to.)
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 10:07 AM   #47
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I've been screwing around with it for a bit and I don't know why but this is my favorite one so far

Quote:
write a script for my youtube gamer channel

[Opening shot of you sitting in front of your gaming setup, wearing a headset and a gaming t-shirt]

You: "What's up guys, welcome back to my channel. Today, I'm going to be playing [insert game title here]. This game has been highly anticipated and I've been waiting for it to come out for a long time. So, let's get into it!"

[Start playing the game, give a little bit of a background about the game and the storyline, how you feel about the game, tips, and tricks that you've learned while playing the game]

You: "So, as you can see, the graphics of this game are amazing. The storyline is really intriguing and it's really immersing me into the game. I've also been picking up some tips and tricks while playing, like how to unlock certain weapons and how to complete some of the harder levels. I'll definitely be sharing those with you guys in the future."

[Insert some gameplay footage, commentary on how you're doing in the game, what you're thinking, your strategies, etc]

You: "Alright, so I just completed this level and I have to say, it was pretty challenging. I had to use all of my skills to get through it. But, I'm really enjoying this game and I'm excited to keep playing and see what's next."

[Insert some gameplay footage, commentary on how you're doing in the game, what you're thinking, your strategies, etc]

You: "Well, that's it for today guys. I hope you enjoyed watching me play [insert game title here]. If you liked it, don't forget to hit that like button and subscribe to my channel for more gaming videos. I'll see you guys in the next video."

[Closing shot of you taking off your headset and smiling at the camera]

You: "Peace out!"

[Closing credits with music playing in the background]
Inglewood Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Inglewood Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2023, 03:02 PM   #48
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

I've heard it's difficult getting free access to ChatGPT with all the news and popularity. Is anyone paying for the service?
Hack&Lube is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 03:39 PM   #49
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

My free account still works, but I jumped on it early.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 02:02 PM   #50
Firebot
First Line Centre

Exp:

Write a post on how the Edmonton Oilers lost game 7 against the ducks, and write it like Trump

Sad to say, but the Edmonton Oilers just couldn't get it done in Game 7 against the Ducks. It was a total disaster. We had a great team and a great chance to win, but unfortunately, we just couldn't seal the deal. The Ducks outplayed us and outhustled us, and that's just not acceptable. We'll be looking into this loss very closely and figuring out what went wrong. But let me tell you, the Oilers will be back, and we'll be back stronger than ever before. Believe me, we will win again.
Firebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 02:06 PM   #51
Firebot
First Line Centre

Exp:

Even better

Write a post on how the Edmonton Oilers lost game 7 against the ducks, blame the referees for the missed call on Ryan Kesler and write it like Trump

It was a total disaster, folks. The Edmonton Oilers played a great game, but the referees made a HUGE mistake. They missed a blatant call on Ryan Kesler and it cost us the game. So unfair. The Ducks should be ashamed of themselves for getting away with cheating like that. The Oilers deserved to win, and the refs robbed us. Sad!
Old 01-25-2023, 02:11 PM   #52
Firebot
First Line Centre

Exp:

Our civilization has reached apex (or rock bottom)

Write a post on how the Edmonton Oilers lost game 7 against the ducks, blame the referees for the missed call on Ryan Kesler and write it like an angry Edmonton Oilers fan in despair, and mention how you wear jogging pants

I can't believe it. The Edmonton Oilers just lost Game 7 to the Ducks and it's all because of the referees. They missed a crucial call on Ryan Kesler that could have changed the whole game. I'm so frustrated and angry right now. I've been an Oilers fan for years and this is just heartbreaking. I can't even begin to describe how disappointed I am. The refs were so biased towards the Ducks, it's not even fair. And to make matters worse, I was wearing my lucky jogging pants for the game and they didn't do a thing to help us win. I'm so done with this season and the refs can go to hell. This is just a travesty. ############# #RefsSuck #JusticeForKesler

(Oiler5N4tion was the hashtag that got censored)

Last edited by Firebot; 01-25-2023 at 02:15 PM.
Old 01-25-2023, 02:29 PM   #53
Firebot
First Line Centre

Exp:

Write a seinfeld episode where Kramer bets on the Edmonton Oilers winning against the Colorado Avalanche in 4 games, only to be swept in 4 games instead, and he bet Jerry Seinfeld's apartment and Jerry has to move out.

The episode opens with Jerry and George discussing their plans for the weekend, when Kramer bursts into the apartment with a wild look in his eye.

Kramer: "Jerry, my man, I've got a sure thing. I just put a bet on the Edmonton Oilers to sweep the Colorado Avalanche in four games."

Jerry: "Kramer, you know nothing about hockey. How could you possibly think that's a sure thing?"

Kramer: "I did my research, Jerry. I talked to my guy at the rink. He says the Oilers are the team to beat this year."

George: "And what did you bet, exactly?"

Kramer: "I put up Jerry's apartment as collateral. I figured, what's the worst that could happen? The Oilers sweep, I win big, and we all celebrate at the new place."

Jerry (shocked): "You bet my apartment? Are you crazy?"

Kramer: "Relax, Jerry. It's a sure thing."

The scene cuts to the next day, when the Oilers are getting trounced by the Avalanche in the first game of the series. Jerry and George are watching the game at Monk's Cafe, when Kramer comes in looking dejected.

Kramer: "I can't believe it. They're getting slaughtered out there."

Jerry: "I told you this was a bad idea, Kramer. Now I have to move out of my apartment."

George: "And I was going to ask Jerry's landlord if I could take over his lease."

As the series goes on, it becomes clear that the Oilers have no chance of winning, and Jerry and George try to come up with a plan to get out of the bet. They try to talk to Kramer's "guy at the rink," but he's nowhere to be found. They even try to bribe the Avalanche players to lose the series, but to no avail.

In the end, the Avalanche sweep the Oilers, and Jerry is forced to move out of his apartment. He ends up living with George, who is now paying for a two-bedroom apartment all by himself.

Kramer, meanwhile, is hiding out from Jerry and George, and trying to come up with a way to make it right. In the final scene, he shows up at Jerry's new apartment with a moving truck full of furniture and decorations to make the new place feel like home.

Jerry: "Kramer, what are you doing here?"

Kramer: "I know I messed up, Jerry. But I want to make it right. I'll help you decorate the new place, and I'll even pay the rent until you get back on your feet."

Jerry: "Well, I guess it's not all bad. At least I won't be living with George anymore."

The episode ends with Jerry and Kramer decorating the new apartment, while George is seen in the background, sitting alone in his empty two-bedroom apartment, wondering how he got stuck with the bill.

End of the episode.
The Following User Says Thank You to Firebot For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2023, 04:45 PM   #54
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

I love this thing. A colleague accidentally printed seven blank pages instead of the document he wanted -- he selected print form fields instead of the entire document. So I had ChatGPT write a short story how he couldn't use a printer. Muffled guffaws of laughter ensued.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 05:35 PM   #55
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by indes View Post
Lol, I just happened to see a tweet that said everyone they knew in school is using ai to complete their homework.

I thought that sounded far fetched but maybe not
I just received my first paper in class that was written by this software. It's very impressive and passes plagiarism detectors easily. Indistinguishable from a good essay written by a person.

Academia is in serious trouble trying to deal with this software. Does anyone have any tips for detecting an AI written paper? Any tech that can be used to combat it?
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2023, 06:15 PM   #56
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I posted it in the AI thread, but this is a good help:

https://etedward-gptzero-main-zqgfwb.streamlit.app/
Old 01-25-2023, 06:26 PM   #57
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I posted it in the AI thread, but this is a good help:

https://etedward-gptzero-main-zqgfwb.streamlit.app/
Um...blank page? Is it app-based only?

Edit: nvm. It just took a very long time to load. I'm going to have to get used to it, but the perplexity measurement has me spinning already. No idea what that means, but since I know the sample I provided was definitely generated by the AI chat, it does indicate low perplexity indicating it was AI generated. Interesting. I'm keeping this in my back pocket.

THANKS!!! Anymore suggestions, keep them coming.

Last edited by Cali Panthers Fan; 01-25-2023 at 06:37 PM.
Old 01-25-2023, 06:40 PM   #58
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ya,I think it is getting hammered right now. It was faster a few weeks ago.

I did test it on several text samples written by a human that I thought sounded more computer generated, and it flagged all but one as human(it was uncertain on that one).

Last edited by Fuzz; 01-25-2023 at 06:49 PM.
Old 01-25-2023, 06:48 PM   #59
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I know that our current plagiarism detector, Turn It In, is working feverishly on developing their own AI detector. I can imagine they are very motivated to find something that will keep their product in business. It's hard to imagine that you wake up one day to find your software is obsolete.

Nah, it happens all the time.
Old 01-25-2023, 08:49 PM   #60
edslunch
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebot View Post
Our civilization has reached apex (or rock bottom)

Write a post on how the Edmonton Oilers lost game 7 against the ducks, blame the referees for the missed call on Ryan Kesler and write it like an angry Edmonton Oilers fan in despair, and mention how you wear jogging pants

I can't believe it. The Edmonton Oilers just lost Game 7 to the Ducks and it's all because of the referees. They missed a crucial call on Ryan Kesler that could have changed the whole game. I'm so frustrated and angry right now. I've been an Oilers fan for years and this is just heartbreaking. I can't even begin to describe how disappointed I am. The refs were so biased towards the Ducks, it's not even fair. And to make matters worse, I was wearing my lucky jogging pants for the game and they didn't do a thing to help us win. I'm so done with this season and the refs can go to hell. This is just a travesty. ############# #RefsSuck #JusticeForKesler

(Oiler5N4tion was the hashtag that got censored)

I love the schadenfreude, but that’s an awful example. No one talks like that, let alone angry fan. Let alone an Oiler fan.
edslunch is offline   Reply With Quote