Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2022, 08:35 PM   #3301
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CltiUvFu...d=YTY2NzY3YTc=

Another athlete shows us who he is a scumbag enjoy touring with Theo and Jamie Sale
Paulie Walnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 08:42 PM   #3302
Cowboy89
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post

Another athlete shows us who he is a scumbag enjoy touring with Theo and Jamie Sale
How is he a scumbag? He’s a hunter who believes that the federal government’s latest gun bans go too far.
Cowboy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Cowboy89 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2022, 08:44 PM   #3303
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

WTF is this dogsh-t post? Because he's advocating for the rights of responsible gun owners?

Look, I think owning a gun is ridiculous for the vast majority of people and the self-defense argument is dumber than a box of cat turds, but I am also accepting that there are people who do genuinely use them for a) hunting, and b) sport and can understand why they're frustrated. I have a few friends, one of whom is a vet, who do exactly that: hunting and sport shooting. That they are opposed to having their hobby made illegal, whether we agree on all the details and nuances, does not tempt me to pretend that they are on the same level as notable nutbars Theo f--king Fleury and Jamie Sale.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 08:45 PM   #3304
Derek Sutton
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

Please explain. Under Bill C-21 the shotgun Price is holding in that picture would be banned, for reasons unknown.
Old 12-04-2022, 08:45 PM   #3305
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy89 View Post
How is he a scumbag? He’s a hunter who believes that the federal government’s latest gun bans go too far.
Well trying to help another scumbag like Pierre and blaming Justin directly shows this isn't about the laws. The laws are fine and he has nothing to worry about he just needs to show who he is.
Paulie Walnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 08:47 PM   #3306
Cowboy89
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Well trying to help another scumbag like Pierre and blaming Justin directly shows this isn't about the laws. The laws are fine and he has nothing to worry about he just needs to show who he is.
What incoherent babble is this?
Cowboy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 08:50 PM   #3307
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

He didn't mention Pierre, pretty much everyone blames the PM irrespective of from whom the bill originates, and what in the hell are you even talking about "he has nothing to worry about he just needs to show who he is"? That doesn't even make sense.
Old 12-05-2022, 08:55 AM   #3308
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

This us against them thing is what's creating such a divide in the country. I'm not a fan of hunting or guns in general, but you just can't classify people as scumbags because they share a different opinion on a political topic like this.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2022, 09:21 AM   #3309
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

I think it’s fine to criticize Price for his opinion but I don’t see how it’s him anywhere close to Fleury. I disagree with his position and think the organization he’s standing with is generally dumb and bad but at worst that makes Price’s opinion on this one subject dumb and bad (and I’m not convinced it’s anything more than disagreeable).

Suggesting Price is like Fleury now doesn’t just make Price sound a lot worse than he is, it makes Fleury sound a lot more normal and reasonable by association.
PepsiFree is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2022, 09:38 AM   #3310
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
WTF is this dogsh-t post? Because he's advocating for the rights of responsible gun owners?

Look, I think owning a gun is ridiculous for the vast majority of people and the self-defense argument is dumber than a box of cat turds, but I am also accepting that there are people who do genuinely use them for a) hunting, and b) sport and can understand why they're frustrated. I have a few friends, one of whom is a vet, who do exactly that: hunting and sport shooting. That they are opposed to having their hobby made illegal, whether we agree on all the details and nuances, does not tempt me to pretend that they are on the same level as notable nutbars Theo f--king Fleury and Jamie Sale.

I am surprised you didn't say that he uses his for medicine.

Last edited by TheIronMaiden; 12-05-2022 at 09:43 AM.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 10:09 AM   #3311
Suave
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Yeah, not exactly a big proponent of the worker programs, but if we are going to have theme in place, it makes no sense in not allowing them to bring their families, and allow them a clear path to residency.

Now the money should at least stay in Canada.

I also used to be 100% in the 'pay more and you'll find help camp', but the least couple months I gotta say, I'm beginning to think that people literally don't want to work anymore. I know of lots trades positions with GOOD companies, and they can't fill them. Good pay, benefits, training opportunities....basically everything one would want to start a good career. Can't find anyone to fill the positions. Crazy times.
If people didn't want to work anymore than it would show in the employment rate of ~61.5%, which is right in line with the past 5 years. Looks to be more work than jobs going around. Seems calling people lazy, is a lazy way to classify the mismatch between offering competitive enough wages/benefits to entice more people into the workforce.
Suave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 10:10 AM   #3312
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993
undercoverbrother is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 10:31 AM   #3313
blender
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Little of column A and B, imo. There's so many people that just see themselves above any sort of labour/customer service/field work to the point of losing their house after two years of not working before they suck up their pride and start bringing in $23/hr cash flow to hold them over. It's crazy.
Is this actually happening to "so many people"?
Not trying to challenge it, just genuinely curious. I can't think of anyone who has lost their home to not working by choice.

In my industry we are having a tough time finding top-end workers (that we are willing to pay top dollar for) due to a shortage of qualified applicants. It has always been this way, but it does seem worse now.
blender is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blender For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2022, 11:48 AM   #3314
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
I am surprised you didn't say that he uses his for medicine.
Heh, oops, I can imagine that was confusing. Canadian military veteran, fought in Afghanistan.

He’s not firing medicinal pellets into cattle.
The Following User Says Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2022, 12:46 PM   #3315
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

wow, gotta love the hot takes.

Based on what i have seen from Carey's Insta feed he appears to be an avid outdoorsman enjoying rodeo, fishing and hunting and he is questioning the proposed piece of legislation.

As i have said before, weather you agree with them or not you have to credit all these folks for posting on social media using their real names
Old 12-05-2022, 01:09 PM   #3316
Kickazzflames
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
This us against them thing is what's creating such a divide in the country. I'm not a fan of hunting or guns in general, but you just can't classify people as scumbags because they share a different opinion on a political topic like this.
This is why I find politics so frustrating. Having a different opinion seems to slot you into extreme categories. I'm sure it's always been like this in the political landscape. But for me, it's at a point where I don't even bother to talk about my opinion, I do listen to everyone else's, whether I agree or not.

I also tend to not believe anything anyone says until I can read or watch something on the topic at hand. It's almost always you agree with me now or you are an extremist "left/right".
Kickazzflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 01:14 PM   #3317
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickazzflames View Post
This is why I find politics so frustrating. Having a different opinion seems to slot you into extreme categories. I'm sure it's always been like this in the political landscape. But for me, it's at a point where I don't even bother to talk about my opinion, I do listen to everyone else's, whether I agree or not.

I also tend to not believe anything anyone says until I can read or watch something on the topic at hand. It's almost always you agree with me now or you are an extremist "left/right".
There is a growing sentiment that people are "bad" if they disagree with you. Honestly, it kind of feels like no one is above it. I check myself all the time for thinking less of people I disagree with.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2022, 05:20 PM   #3318
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Little of column A and B, imo. There's so many people that just see themselves above any sort of labour/customer service/field work to the point of losing their house after two years of not working before they suck up their pride and start bringing in $23/hr cash flow to hold them over. It's crazy.
Make that $25 per h starting wage, plus benefits, and a clear path to $30 per h in 1 year.

But, you have to want to WORK.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 11:23 PM   #3319
DevilsAdvocate
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

In a city that has memorials every year to the 14 women that died in the Montreal Massacre, I don't know if Carey Price is:
A) Woefully uninformed to the point that nobody should take his opinions seriously
B) A complete liar to the point that nobody should take his opinions seriously
DevilsAdvocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 11:32 PM   #3320
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoho View Post
Muh Freedom!
where do you live? I would like to park in front of your house, block your driveway, and honk my horn all night.

Don't call the cops unless you have something against my freedom