Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2022, 09:24 PM   #2161
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Matt Ryan should just retire right now ....

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 09:25 PM   #2162
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

GirlySports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 09:49 PM   #2163
ben voyonsdonc
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1599621723263234048
ben voyonsdonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 10:32 PM   #2164
Mathgod
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk diggler View Post
another week with a Russell Wilson fail. stats didn't look too bad today but not 1 trip into the red zone. impressive. didnt see the game but it sounds like Alex Singelton has had a good year, will always cheer him.
The Broncos points allowed per game is among the lowest in the NFL. Unfortunately their points per game is THE lowest...

I'd absolutely love to see Alex play for a contender. If only the Eagles had re-signed him...
Old 12-05-2022, 02:48 AM   #2165
miraisoup
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
another week with a Russell Wilson fail. stats didn't look too bad today but not 1 trip into the red zone. impressive. didnt see the game but it sounds like Alex Singelton has had a good year, will always cheer him.

It s so crazy how bad Rus is. I dont understand
Old 12-05-2022, 07:02 AM   #2166
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by miraisoup View Post
It s so crazy how bad Rus is. I dont understand
Scrambling QB's rarely age as well as pocket passers. Dual threat QB's are here for a good time not a long time.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 07:28 AM   #2167
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Scrambling QB's rarely age as well as pocket passers. Dual threat QB's are here for a good time not a long time.
I think the standard for mobility is going to be raised. If you can't run like Herbert, Mahomes, or Burrow...that isn't going to cut it anymore. But the likes of Jackson, and Fields could have shorter careers ala Cam Newton due to how much they run and the hits they take doing it. It will be interesting to see if guys like Mahomes and Burrows can play as long as Rogers once they lose a step and can't run like they do now. But I'm not sure the Rivers and Eli Manning types will be starting for 15 seasons going forward.
Old 12-05-2022, 08:38 AM   #2168
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathgod View Post
The Broncos points allowed per game is among the lowest in the NFL. Unfortunately their points per game is THE lowest...

I'd absolutely love to see Alex play for a contender. If only the Eagles had re-signed him...
When the talk in the offseason was that the Broncos needed a QB to become a true contender, i didnt buy it, but based on how well their D has played, i would say that it true. The offense has issues other than their underperforming diva QB but their D has come to play. As a chargers fan, just once i would like to see them put out a decent defense like this.
dirk diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 08:42 AM   #2169
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
I think the standard for mobility is going to be raised. If you can't run like Herbert, Mahomes, or Burrow...that isn't going to cut it anymore. But the likes of Jackson, and Fields could have shorter careers ala Cam Newton due to how much they run and the hits they take doing it. It will be interesting to see if guys like Mahomes and Burrows can play as long as Rogers once they lose a step and can't run like they do now. But I'm not sure the Rivers and Eli Manning types will be starting for 15 seasons going forward.
Absolutely they can. Pocket passers will never go away. It's proven by the amount of Super Bowl wins as the reigning Super Bowl winning QB is a pocket passer as is most behind him. If I was running a team I would view pocket passing awareness and ability above all else. The best defenses will always make QB's throw from the pocket. I think some of the newer QB's are just better athletes because of the general increase in athleticism from athletes today. Herbert, Mahomes, Burrows all excel in the pocket and scramble only when the play breaks down. Guys like Jackson need the threat of the run to keep defenses off balance but playoff defenses have been able to make him beat them with his arm which is something he's been unable to do.
Old 12-05-2022, 08:46 AM   #2170
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
When the talk in the offseason was that the Broncos needed a QB to become a true contender, i didnt buy it, but based on how well their D has played, i would say that it true. The offense has issues other than their underperforming diva QB but their D has come to play. As a chargers fan, just once i would like to see them put out a decent defense like this.
I'm not greedy. I don't need a defense as good as the Broncos. As a Raiders fan I would do cartwheels if the Raiders ever fielded merely an average defense. Derek Carr has never had a defense ranked in the top 20 over his entire career and for the majority it's been the worst or bottom 5 worst over his entire career.
Old 12-05-2022, 08:52 AM   #2171
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I'm not greedy. I don't need a defense as good as the Broncos. As a Raiders fan I would do cartwheels if the Raiders ever fielded merely an average defense. Derek Carr has never had a defense ranked in the top 20 over his entire career and for the majority it's been the worst or bottom 5 worst over his entire career.
very true. Herbert is set to go down the Rivers path. Rivers had some weak playoff games but he seldom had a decent defense. Would also be nice to see Herbert have a top flight coach for several years, i am guessing once they fail to make the playoffs again this year, he will be on his 3rd head coach in 4 years
Old 12-05-2022, 09:26 AM   #2172
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
very true. Herbert is set to go down the Rivers path. Rivers had some weak playoff games but he seldom had a decent defense. Would also be nice to see Herbert have a top flight coach for several years, i am guessing once they fail to make the playoffs again this year, he will be on his 3rd head coach in 4 years
Lots of Raiders fans want to get rid of Carr but I keep telling them that it won't matter who they replace him with if they keep fielding terrible defenses. Defense isn't sexy but you need a good one to make the playoffs and once you get there, win playoff games.
Old 12-05-2022, 09:35 AM   #2173
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Panthers are going to release Mayfield
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...baker-mayfield
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 09:35 AM   #2174
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Lots of Raiders fans want to get rid of Carr but I keep telling them that it won't matter who they replace him with if they keep fielding terrible defenses. Defense isn't sexy but you need a good one to make the playoffs and once you get there, win playoff games.
i am always surprised by that, Carr is a decent QB. if you get rid of him, you might end up like Cleveland and continue to recycle QB's and never get anyone even that good. Agree with you, shore up the defense.
Old 12-05-2022, 09:41 AM   #2175
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
Panthers are going to release Mayfield
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...baker-mayfield
Are they hoping the 49ers pick him up? I can't see it.

Quote:
i am always surprised by that, Carr is a decent QB. if you get rid of him, you might end up like Cleveland and continue to recycle QB's and never get anyone even that good. Agree with you, shore up the defense.
I can understand why fans feel that way as the team hasn't had a lot of success with him but the team has been a tire fire for most of that time and it's been out of his control. If the braintrust wanted to move on in the offseason I would be okay with it but I think you can do a lot worse than Carr and since most drafted QB's bust you are resetting the entire franchise when a commitment to defense may be what is really required.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 12-05-2022 at 09:44 AM.
Old 12-05-2022, 09:55 AM   #2176
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

The 49ers just took Josh Johnson, who already knows the offense from a previous stint there, off the Broncos practice squad. So doubtful they go for Baker who knows nothing and might not even be better than Purdy.
Old 12-05-2022, 10:02 AM   #2177
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Also I didn't watch the POS game last night so totally didn't realize we got a Scorigami!

https://twitter.com/user/status/1599622501939789824

Last edited by Senator Clay Davis; 12-05-2022 at 10:05 AM.
Senator Clay Davis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 10:23 AM   #2178
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

I may have asked this before but what’s the significance of a scorigami. Is there betting on it or is it a situation where you’re Marge Simpson saying “I just think it’s neat”?
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 10:31 AM   #2179
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

It says it in the tweet, it's a scoreline that has never occurred in NFL history. For instance the most common scoreline in NFL history is 20-17 (281). And because old school NFL is old school NFL, there have been, amazingly, 73 games that ended at 0-0.
Old 12-05-2022, 10:34 AM   #2180
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

No I get that, I’m understanding that you just think it’s neat. And that’s cool. Other than “that’s interesting” I didn’t know if there was anything significant about it.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
football , gambling , red zone