Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2022, 03:19 PM   #241
joejoe3
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathgod View Post
Ruzicka On the first line tops crazy that worked
Old 11-23-2022, 10:50 AM   #242
darockwilder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

What's the best way to ask a Google smart speaker to play the podcast? I've tried a few different ways and it always seem to not work.
Old 11-23-2022, 10:56 AM   #243
jlh2640
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by darockwilder View Post
What's the best way to ask a Google smart speaker to play the podcast? I've tried a few different ways and it always seem to not work.
"Hey Google, play that guys podcast who hated on Mike Smith forever, then transformed into Mike Smith".
jlh2640 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jlh2640 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2022, 11:01 AM   #244
Madman
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tommy Wheeldon on with the boys right now - such a fantastic interview.
Madman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 10:50 AM   #245
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman View Post
Tommy Wheeldon on with the boys right now - such a fantastic interview.
Man, I truly think soccer is becoming a thing in this country finally.

It used to be the cool thing to bitch and moan about soccer, but now more and more you get people who get up for the WC and Euro and appreciate that they are truly best-on-best tournaments. They holdouts who still bitch and moan about it just get ignored.

Tommy and guys like him are a big part of it. Things are coming together for when we host in four years.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CroFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2022, 10:57 AM   #246
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

too bad about the loss yesterday to Belgium , but at least they kept it respectable compared to some other qualifying teams in their first games
TrentCrimmIndependent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 11:34 AM   #247
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Rob Kerr with Boomer and Pinder right now.
Very good stuff.

Feeling really proud of Rob and Boom talking about mental health in a space in which they can reach folks, especially traditionally masculine space of sport.

Last edited by Yeah_Baby; 11-24-2022 at 11:38 AM.
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Yeah_Baby For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2022, 12:41 PM   #248
metroneck
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah_Baby View Post
Very good stuff.

Feeling really proud of Rob and Boom talking about mental health in a space in which they can reach folks, especially traditionally masculine space of sport.
20 seconds in, and all I could think is ‘Kerr is so much better than Derek Wills’.
metroneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 01:03 PM   #249
Gaskal
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by darockwilder View Post
Hey Google
Play Spotify, Barn Burner Podcast
Old 11-24-2022, 08:05 PM   #250
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

…..nm

Last edited by csnarpy; 11-24-2022 at 09:56 PM.
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 08:52 PM   #251
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

^ so what am I supposed to be looking at on fLamesnation? The link to barnburner?
Old 11-24-2022, 09:40 PM   #252
Freeway
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
Man, I truly think soccer is becoming a thing in this country finally.

It used to be the cool thing to bitch and moan about soccer, but now more and more you get people who get up for the WC and Euro and appreciate that they are truly best-on-best tournaments. They holdouts who still bitch and moan about it just get ignored.

Tommy and guys like him are a big part of it. Things are coming together for when we host in four years.

Tommy's such a fantastic ambassador for his sport.

"Does a great job covering the Flames" - Elliotte Friedman
Freeway is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Freeway For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2022, 09:49 PM   #253
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Nm

Last edited by csnarpy; 11-24-2022 at 09:55 PM.
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 09:52 PM   #254
CGY12
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I'm not worried about Huberdeau but my thoughts;

- The transition to a completely new lifestyle, one thats lets all agree isn't nearly as good as Miami, seems to be taking its time for both Weegar and Huberdeau to get used to/over, which I think is indirectly affecting their play and ability expedite the gelling aspect with new teammates

- Sutter panicking after a loss to the Oilers, where we were averaging 4 goals a game in the first 6, with a 5-2 start was a gross overreaction. Especially considering we hadn't seen the best of Huberdeau or Lindholm. He preaches patience and process and does that after 6, then goes back to it after a few games, then changes it up again when Hubs comes back from injury. Makes no sense, this guy scored 115 points with Bennett and Duclair as his linemates, he can lead and elevate others.

- Sutter's ice time distribution has been terrible, I haven't checked after the last few games but when stars struggle you give them ice to try and work their way out of it, not put Lewis out more.

- When the boys get back, somebody take Huberdeau out and get him lit up, I mean this might have occurred already with the team Halloween party, but I mean just a few of the guys, loosen him up, he seems so tight all the time on the ice and in interviews
CGY12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CGY12 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2022, 10:22 PM   #255
Goriders
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGY12 View Post
I'm not worried about Huberdeau but my thoughts;

- The transition to a completely new lifestyle, one thats lets all agree isn't nearly as good as Miami, seems to be taking its time for both Weegar and Huberdeau to get used to/over, which I think is indirectly affecting their play and ability expedite the gelling aspect with new teammates

- Sutter panicking after a loss to the Oilers, where we were averaging 4 goals a game in the first 6, with a 5-2 start was a gross overreaction. Especially considering we hadn't seen the best of Huberdeau or Lindholm. He preaches patience and process and does that after 6, then goes back to it after a few games, then changes it up again when Hubs comes back from injury. Makes no sense, this guy scored 115 points with Bennett and Duclair as his linemates, he can lead and elevate others.

- Sutter's ice time distribution has been terrible, I haven't checked after the last few games but when stars struggle you give them ice to try and work their way out of it, not put Lewis out more.

- When the boys get back, somebody take Huberdeau out and get him lit up, I mean this might have occurred already with the team Halloween party, but I mean just a few of the guys, loosen him up, he seems so tight all the time on the ice and in interviews
Probably because everyone has been riding him for the last month.

I think the bender idea would be a good one and give him a break from the media for a while.
Goriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 06:42 AM   #256
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeway View Post
Tommy's such a fantastic ambassador for his sport.
yes, you can sure hear Tommy's passion for the game and you really feel like you learn a lot listening to him - he is a good guest to have on
Old 11-25-2022, 08:59 AM   #257
Derek Sutton
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Very good stuff.

The part with Rob was just going great, then Boomer insisted on basically just dropping everything to get to the (Something Honda) Pinder Report, followed by the Bet Ways Sports betting crap, what a disappointment. The podcast world is different from the radio world in that podcasts (typically) don't just drop everything to hit their spots the way radio is forced to do. I get that they need to pace themselves and Rob Kerr will likely be on again, but just leaving so many balls in the air with where they were in the conversation with Kerr to get to the bits is part of what has killed radio and I hope they can figure out. It sounded like Pinder was content continuing while Boomer pushed to get to the regular bits. They could have gone on for easily two hours with Kerr as they glazed over a lot and omitted so much. I just found this frustrating as it seemed like "regular radio" with swearing.

As they continue to find their way in the podcast world, they need a more open format, especially on days with guests. Both Pinder and Boomer are great interviewers and I hope the day comes where they don't have to bow to the sponsors and just do a great show.
Old 11-25-2022, 09:05 AM   #258
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Sutton View Post
The part with Rob was just going great, then Boomer insisted on basically just dropping everything to get to the (Something Honda) Pinder Report, followed by the Bet Ways Sports betting crap, what a disappointment. The podcast world is different from the radio world in that podcasts (typically) don't just drop everything to hit their spots the way radio is forced to do. I get that they need to pace themselves and Rob Kerr will likely be on again, but just leaving so many balls in the air with where they were in the conversation with Kerr to get to the bits is part of what has killed radio and I hope they can figure out. It sounded like Pinder was content continuing while Boomer pushed to get to the regular bits. They could have gone on for easily two hours with Kerr as they glazed over a lot and omitted so much. I just found this frustrating as it seemed like "regular radio" with swearing.

As they continue to find their way in the podcast world, they need a more open format, especially on days with guests. Both Pinder and Boomer are great interviewers and I hope the day comes where they don't have to bow to the sponsors and just do a great show.
When I posted that it was mid episode before the pivot. But I think too that Rob, being the former radio guy that he is, sort of also pressed the Pinder report to going on. Pinder seemed content to wait till today to do it.
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 09:19 AM   #259
The Fisher Account
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeway View Post
In case you were wanting to subscribe to the FlamesNation YouTube content but didn't want to subscribe to the non-Flames Nation Network content, we've set up a separate channel for your viewing pleasure.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAN...TxsWMPEuft7c1Q
Been holding off subscribing until this happened. Much appreciated
The Fisher Account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 10:30 AM   #260
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Very good stuff.

Is Kerr involved in this in an ongoing basis?

There is just something I have always liked about Kerr, he seems honest and surprised he is being paid to give his thoughts. There always seems to be an undercurrent of self-deprecation

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote