Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2022, 10:39 AM   #181
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_calderon View Post
Blink charging around $250 for a dance floor ticket. I think they've sold out three or four shows here in Sydney.
Amateurs. There were $250 tickets in the second tier in Calgary.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 11:48 AM   #182
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Yeah, I believe our "pit" tickets, assuming that's the same as "dance floor" haha, were $350ish.

EDIT: They released more pit tickets that are available now for $575.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 11:53 AM   #183
jayswin

Exp:

Looks like a lot of people were looking to make money off this show, and will likely be sorely disappointed with the result. This ain't the old days where you grab two popular tickets at $75 cause you were fast and resell them for $300-$400.

Now the markets for popular tours are studied hard and prices maximized. You'll be lucky to get what you paid most of the time these days.

Looks like 4000+ verified secondary seller seats available for Blink at the Dome, lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2022, 02:07 PM   #184
BlindMilwaukee
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

RE: blink, I am very curious to see how well it sells by the time of the concert.

@jayswin - Is that number 4000+ of total unsold available seats? Like regular tickets plus unsold presale? That sounds like a lot of unsold tix to me.

But these ticket prices are pretty outrageous. Like a little over 3x what I've paid to see them with bigger openers for floor tickets.
BlindMilwaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 02:42 PM   #185
Amethyst
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
I am looking for a bar that will let just about any band play in Calgary and area. Just tryna get our foot in the door ya know.
https://www.stagehand.app/ has a page of venues accepting new artists.
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Amethyst For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2022, 02:49 PM   #186
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindMilwaukee View Post
RE: blink, I am very curious to see how well it sells by the time of the concert.

@jayswin - Is that number 4000+ of total unsold available seats? Like regular tickets plus unsold presale? That sounds like a lot of unsold tix to me.

But these ticket prices are pretty outrageous. Like a little over 3x what I've paid to see them with bigger openers for floor tickets.
No, sorry for the confusion. The concert is basically sold out, they just released a few pit tickets at $575. Everything else is pink, meaning people have bought them and put them up for resale.

So somebody will be in those 4000 seats whether it's a new fan buying them or the original ticket buyer going if they don't get what they want.
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2022, 02:50 PM   #187
jayswin

Exp:

Make no mistake this was one of the hottest selling and hyped tours of the last few years (they sold out 75000 seats at LA's football stadium), it's just the dynamic ticket pricing ######ery that stopped every ticket from selling in 30 seconds.
Old 11-19-2022, 02:53 PM   #188
jayswin

Exp:

Bruce Springsteen got surprisingly candid after criticism of his latest tour and high prices. Basically said he spent his whole career selling for cheaper than they could, he said this time we're in our 70's, why not give the money to the guys sweating it out on stage instead of scalpers.
Old 11-19-2022, 02:54 PM   #189
jayswin

Exp:

https://americansongwriter.com/bruce...ur-money-back/

Quote:
“The ticket broker or someone is going to be taking that money,” he continued. “I’m going, ‘Hey, why shouldn’t that money go to the guys that are going to be up there sweating three hours a night for it?’ It created an opportunity for that to occur. And so at that point, we went for it. I know it was unpopular with some fans, but if there’s any complaints on the way out, you can have your money back.”
Old 11-19-2022, 02:58 PM   #190
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Bands have been making back room handshake deals with ticketmaster for years to get in on the secondary market profits. It allows them to list the tickets at inflated prices on the secondary market and avoid the fan backlash that would result if they’d just priced them that way to begin with.

Bruce charging more direct to consumer is just being slightly more honest and upfront than basically every other act in the last decade plus.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 09:48 AM   #191
cam_calderon
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Yeah, I believe our "pit" tickets, assuming that's the same as "dance floor" haha, were $350ish.

EDIT: They released more pit tickets that are available now for $575.
Oh wow. And yeah, when I said 'dance floor', it's just the general admission standing area.

The most I've ever paid for a concert ticket was $180 for the Hella Mega tour, which was Fall Out Boy, Weezer, and Green Day all in one show. I like blink-182 but just said nah, #### it at that price.

Last edited by cam_calderon; 11-20-2022 at 09:54 AM.
cam_calderon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 09:54 AM   #192
cam_calderon
Scoring Winger

Exp:

As for The Boss, I like the candidness but come on, he's got to be richer than god by now.
Old 11-20-2022, 02:23 PM   #193
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
As for The Boss, I like the candidness but come on, he's got to be richer than god by now.
He is, but the folks working the tour are not. he is one of 30 or 40 people working on his show.
TheIronMaiden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 02:36 PM   #194
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
He is, but the folks working the tour are not. he is one of 30 or 40 people working on his show.
And you honestly think those 30 or 40 people are the ones who get all the money?
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 02:38 PM   #195
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
And you honestly think those 30 or 40 people are the ones who get all the money?
I have no idea, but in general gigging is much less profitable than people imagine.
TheIronMaiden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 06:38 PM   #196
cam_calderon
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Well, couldn't Bruce change the proportion of revenue he lines his own pockets with?
Old 11-23-2022, 09:20 AM   #197
dubc80
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
No, sorry for the confusion. The concert is basically sold out, they just released a few pit tickets at $575. Everything else is pink, meaning people have bought them and put them up for resale.

So somebody will be in those 4000 seats whether it's a new fan buying them or the original ticket buyer going if they don't get what they want.
Pretty sure Ticketmaster holds back a whole bunch of tickets and puts them as re-sale themselves.

If you notice, there are always lots of re-sale tickets available during the original pre-sale, or regular sale dates.

They were never purchased at face value to begin with.

They basically hold tickets hostage and try to gauge people even more. As the concert date approaches, and if they dont sell at the inflated re-sale prices, they just gradually release them at face value.
dubc80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 10:27 AM   #198
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
so what? he's the talent.

the way streaming services rip off artists, I don't mind them making some money when they can. Props to him for being upfront about it.

I'll reconsider my support for him making the money if stories come out that he's not paying a good wage to his band and crew.

Like he said, I'd rather the money going into his pocket than the resellers and ticketmaster.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 11:00 AM   #199
cam_calderon
Scoring Winger

Exp:

It just seems a bit off that he's talking about how altruistic he is, when all that really happens is his crew get a small bump in pay. As mentioned, he's not exactly going to the soup kitchen for dinner tonight.
Old 11-23-2022, 04:35 PM   #200
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

His point is that someone is going to pay $5,000 for a ticket in the front row. Why should that money go to Broncos Jacket instead of Bruce Springsteen.

Tags
calgary , concerts , western canada