Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2022, 09:32 AM   #201
RedHot25
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...aths-1.6656053

Quote:
In a social media post on Thursday evening, Alberta's health minister said the province is reporting its first influenza-related deaths of the season.

Among those dead is a four-year-old child, Alberta Health Minister Jason Copping wrote in a tweet
RedHot25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 09:39 AM   #202
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHot25 View Post
Ya, but that's just the cost of freedom.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2022, 10:40 AM   #203
mivdo
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHot25 View Post
That is terrifying. I am currently in the hospital with my 3 year old as she started having a seizure last night with a fever. Confirmed Influenza A. She will be ok but very scary.

Everybody take care and take precautions.
mivdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 10:53 AM   #204
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mivdo View Post
That is terrifying. I am currently in the hospital with my 3 year old as she started having a seizure last night with a fever. Confirmed Influenza A. She will be ok but very scary.

People recover from seizures all the time, it doesn't sound life threatening enough to be in the ER.

Sorry for what you are going through, and good luck.We have great care when you can get it.
Old 11-18-2022, 11:33 AM   #205
mivdo
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Ya I am very grateful for our healthcare, warts and all.

I am willing to bet the same people who complain about the masking and restrictions are the first ones to complain about wait times when they are need of healthcare.
mivdo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mivdo For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2022, 11:41 AM   #206
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Ya I am very grateful for our healthcare, warts and all.

I am willing to bet the same people who complain about the masking and restrictions are the first ones to complain about wait times when they are need of healthcare.
And that their taxes are too high.
Old 11-18-2022, 12:32 PM   #207
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
The stomach bug recently went through 3/5 of our house.

I had it but didn't have to puke, I just had a tight and upset stomach. I forced myself to puke once and felt instant relief but within an hour I was back to square one. It lasted 4 days for me. Normally stomach bugs bother me for a day, maybe a day and a half. I also had an achy back during this and exhaustion.

My wife came home from work one day and asked me my symptoms. Hers were the same. She woke up the next morning and felt 100% again. That morning my youngest work up with an upset stomach. Stayed home from school but felt normal by supper.

Thankfully none of us got all pukey.
We are now up to 3/5 with the first kid recovering and getting it again. Only the boys left standing still. Hopefully we can make it through the weekend.
fundmark19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 02:50 PM   #208
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyah View Post
We had 'mandatory' attendance 'lunch & learn' meetings at work today with 30+ people in tight quarters, in which half the people were coughing and hacking. I'm ####ing livid. As a side note, anyone have leads on where I can find infant & children's Tylenol? My niece and nephews are all sick. I have a friend whose 3 week old baby is in hospital up in Edmonton with RSV. Again, I'm so angry today.
Safeway market mall apparently had full shelves of children Tylenol and advil and motrin a few mins ago.

Sorry I can't help. I etransfer someone to grab for me too.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 04:42 PM   #209
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
If you aren't getting a script to get a batch mixed up or asking someone to buy a large batch from another country without a shortage like the US... I think you're basically shooting in the dark for the next little bit.
Could be worse, you could be risking giving your kids medicine without having the instructions in French.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bizaro86 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2022, 05:04 PM   #210
bagofpucks
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:

Really sorry to hear. We went through something similar with our little guy last year and it was awful. Hope you are all doing better today!
bagofpucks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bagofpucks For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2022, 08:37 PM   #211
OldDutch
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

My kids are super sick and cannot tell if its RSV or Flu. 11yr old had 104 fever yesterday and is congested coughing but otherwise seems somewhat ok. The 8 yr old cannot shake his cough from a week ago and still running 100 temp.

Hasn’t been like this since daycare days. Which were a nightmare of months on end sickness and illnesses I never heard of like Hand foot and mouth.

I have some medicine but how horrendous is it for parents without anything. Total failure.
OldDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 09:30 PM   #212
BrolyTheUnholy
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmk14 View Post
I read that 96% of this year's flu is H3N2, which typically results in higher hospitalizations than average. Haven't seen any mention of H1N1.

I started to feel better yesterday but today was a step in the wrong direction. Was in bed almost all day, again.
I've had the same thing happen over the past 3 weeks I've been sick. Sore throat mostly for the first week and a half, then feeling like absolute trash for a good 4 days or so. Then, felt quite a bit better for three days, then bam, worse than it had been at any point this past Thursday. Saturday night now and I'm finally starting to feel a bit better. The sore throat seems to be the ever-present majorly unwelcome symptom. Sprinkled in has been congestion, the runs, headaches, coughing (whether wet and productive or dry, it seems to depend on the day), and plugged ears.
BrolyTheUnholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 07:14 PM   #213
vegasbound
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

COVID finally hit our house. I came home from from a 12/2 with everyone hacking away, thinking I was going to bring germs home but turns out I think my mom got COVID from somewhere else. I tested negative but feeling like crap so who knows.
vegasbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 09:47 PM   #214
Nammer403
Franchise Player

Exp:

If anyone needs Tylenol 6-11 Complete Cold cough fever I have a brand new bottle
Same with Childrens NyQuil cough and cold two bottles brand new

My kids are too young to take it and pharmacy won’t accept the return
North part of the city

Last edited by Nammer403; 11-20-2022 at 10:12 PM.
Nammer403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 10:38 AM   #215
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

My 3 year old was up all night with a fever, I had to run to Shoppers and get a pharmacist to compound children's Tylenol, cost $30
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 11:09 AM   #216
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal Fan View Post
My 3 year old was up all night with a fever, I had to run to Shoppers and get a pharmacist to compound children's Tylenol, cost $30
That seems reasonable TBH.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lubicon For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2022, 02:32 PM   #217
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

First day sick was the 12th so today is day 10. I am starting to feel a little better energy-wise and my nose is finally clearing up. The cough has started to loosen up/lighten up a little bit. I tried to move a couple of things around the house today and was absolutely wiped after moving two tables. Could not catch my breath, felt like my lungs were on fire, and absolutely wiped me out strength-wise.

If I were working this year today would've been my 6th missed work day in a row. Definitely would not feel ready to go back.
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 06:57 PM   #218
calgarygringo
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Pretty much the same for me and is day 6. Coughing a bit less but crap is coming up. Did a bit this morning then snooze time. Wife is starting her turn now. Lucky she works from home so doesnt need to give it to the rest of the office.
calgarygringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 09:16 PM   #219
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmk14 View Post
First day sick was the 12th so today is day 10. I am starting to feel a little better energy-wise and my nose is finally clearing up. The cough has started to loosen up/lighten up a little bit. I tried to move a couple of things around the house today and was absolutely wiped after moving two tables. Could not catch my breath, felt like my lungs were on fire, and absolutely wiped me out strength-wise.

If I were working this year today would've been my 6th missed work day in a row. Definitely would not feel ready to go back.
This one kicked your ass, eh.

Do you know if it was covid, the flu, or just a mystery sickness?

I wouldn't expect to be back to normal for a bit yet. Usually takes as long to get better as it did to go down. Hopefully you're going to get well soon...sounds rotten.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 02:00 AM   #220
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal Fan View Post
How much did you get? I agree it sounds kinda reasonable. 100 mL of children's pain killer will run you around $11-14 for Tylenol, Motrin or Advil if you can find it in the city.

A pharmacist compound is basically a manually produced small custom batch of the stuff by a pharmacist, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was a bit more than double the price of the stuff that came off an automated conveyor belt.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote