Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-18-2022, 01:39 AM   #5381
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

"the menu" tickled me pink .. some of the most situationally funny/amusing stuff i've seen in a movie .. so cheeky while completely aware of its absurdity .. my friend said after one showing it might already be among his all time favourites .. high praise coming from him!
TrentCrimmIndependent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 06:49 AM   #5382
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacks View Post
"Back in 2020, news broke that Will Smith and Kevin Hart were teaming up for a modern update of Planes, Trains and Automobiles. Hart then confirmed the remake was in “deep development” during a 2021 interview with Collider."
Ugh, buzz off Hollywood and leave it alone.
Maybe we're lucky and after the slap, the remake was cancelled.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 02:50 PM   #5383
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1593990004723699712
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2022, 05:11 PM   #5384
Engine09
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentCrimmIndependent View Post
"the menu" tickled me pink .. some of the most situationally funny/amusing stuff i've seen in a movie .. so cheeky while completely aware of its absurdity .. my friend said after one showing it might already be among his all time favourites .. high praise coming from him!
I enjoyed it far more than expected, it made up for the absurdity with incredible acting and style. I would recommend.
Engine09 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Engine09 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2022, 09:19 AM   #5385
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

I watched LAURA (1944) this weekend. Good movie.
I also watched STUTZ (2022) the Jonah Hill and his therapist documentary and while I appreciate the rawness at parts, I can't help but think about how incredibly unethical the who project is and radically alters their therapeutic relationship for the worse. (I also watched this with my friend is who is psychologist so that may cloud my perspective)
Yeah_Baby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 02:37 PM   #5386
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah_Baby View Post
I also watched STUTZ (2022) the Jonah Hill and his therapist documentary and while I appreciate the rawness at parts, I can't help but think about how incredibly unethical the who project is and radically alters their therapeutic relationship for the worse. (I also watched this with my friend is who is psychologist so that may cloud my perspective)
I felt the same way. I enjoyed it for what it was but their relationship feels wrong from a doctor/patient perspective. I haven't been to therapy but I always assumed there should be a "distance" between the two. Maybe it's different for different types of therapy though.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 03:29 PM   #5387
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

I watched Girl starring Bella Thorne and Mickey Rourke. You shouldn't.

It was slow paced, boring and just no good. It was a train wreck and I just couldn't turn it off because I had to figure out if it was going to have some sort of twist that made it good. It did not. I'm mad at myself for watching the entire movie. I need to be better.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 04:31 PM   #5388
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine09 View Post
I enjoyed it far more than expected, it made up for the absurdity with incredible acting and style. I would recommend.
looking back I think it's one of those rare movies that I would like to own a hard copy of

I really want to take more people to see it
Old 11-22-2022, 07:50 AM   #5389
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I watched Casablanca yesterday for the first time, and honestly it's a perfect movie 10/10. Sometimes when I watch such a highly regarded movie I build it up too much in my mind and it falls short. This one is an exception, if you haven't seen it before do yourself a favor and give it a watch you will not be disappointed.
Nadal Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nadal Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2022, 09:42 AM   #5390
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
I felt the same way. I enjoyed it for what it was but their relationship feels wrong from a doctor/patient perspective. I haven't been to therapy but I always assumed there should be a "distance" between the two. Maybe it's different for different types of therapy though.
As I understand it folks can have different therapeutic approaches but technically the professional ethic, which is being crossed here, should be the same. But then again, he's a big time hollywood shrink that appears to be from the generation that largely in california started mixing medicine with other new agey/counter cultural trends so who knows.

Shameless Self Promotion: I appeared on my friend's podcast talking about Noir in the 90s. We Talked Basic Instinct, Devil in a Blue Dress, and Elmore Leonard and Out of Sight.

https://monkeyoffmybacklog.fireside.fm/noirvember-1990s
Old 11-24-2022, 01:27 PM   #5391
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Glass Onion is really solid. I didn't like it was much as Knives Out but judging by letterboxd I'm in the minority so far.
The Following User Says Thank You to Yeah_Baby For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2022, 01:31 PM   #5392
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal Fan View Post
I watched Casablanca yesterday for the first time, and honestly it's a perfect movie 10/10. Sometimes when I watch such a highly regarded movie I build it up too much in my mind and it falls short. This one is an exception, if you haven't seen it before do yourself a favor and give it a watch you will not be disappointed.
Ya Casablanca holds up as one of the best ever.
Old 11-24-2022, 05:07 PM   #5393
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

I watched Citizen Kane recently. Now that's an all time great that doesn't hold up very well in my opinion.
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 10:02 PM   #5394
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Fabelmans is excellent. Best movie Spielberg has made in years, with a terrific cast and a particularly fantastic performance from Michelle Williams.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to direwolf For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2022, 10:59 PM   #5395
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

After I recently watched Saturday Night Fever, and really enjoyed it, I decided to watch the sequel Staying Alive. The movie was co-written and directed by Sylvester Stallone and features music by Frank Stallone. Upon release it was a box office hit but critics hated it, and currently holds a 0% on rotten tomatoes. The story involves Tony as a struggling Broadway dancer trying to make it while dating a back up dancer but he has his eyes on the lead dancer instead. Honestly I actually enjoyed it and thought it was alot of fun. I loved the dance numbers and Travolta really put on muscle for the role he looks like he could play Rocky. It's not a objectively good film but it is so bad that it's good, I highly recommend it for a great time.
Nadal Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 09:03 AM   #5396
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal Fan View Post
After I recently watched Saturday Night Fever, and really enjoyed it, I decided to watch the sequel Staying Alive. The movie was co-written and directed by Sylvester Stallone and features music by Frank Stallone. Upon release it was a box office hit but critics hated it, and currently holds a 0% on rotten tomatoes. The story involves Tony as a struggling Broadway dancer trying to make it while dating a back up dancer but he has his eyes on the lead dancer instead. Honestly I actually enjoyed it and thought it was alot of fun. I loved the dance numbers and Travolta really put on muscle for the role he looks like he could play Rocky. It's not a objectively good film but it is so bad that it's good, I highly recommend it for a great time.
Mandatory

Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2022, 06:55 PM   #5397
Engine09
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

"To Leslie"

I remember first seeing Andrea Riseborough in "Oblivion" with Tom Cruise, she's been on a lot of good films but nothing as good as this, absolutely incredible performance. She's won best actress at a few film festivals for this role, I have to imagine she'll be up for an Oscar.

Engine09 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Engine09 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2022, 04:49 PM   #5398
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Everything Everywhere All At Once was a brilliant film. Some heavy tones and ideas sprinkled with absurdity and a ridiculously high concept.

I can see how this wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea, but it really resonated with me.

Available on Prime if you're a member.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2022, 07:18 PM   #5399
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

it's funny that everything came out around the same time as multiverse of madness and ended up probably being the head and shoulders better multiverse movie
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TrentCrimmIndependent For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2022, 05:13 PM   #5400
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Watched Terrifier 2 lol.. Hollleeee sheeeeite.. You want gore, this is the movie for you!
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cheese For This Useful Post: