Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-21-2022, 10:31 AM   #6841
The Fonz
Our Jessica Fletcher

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post
Fun fact: 9 of the 12 cops who've seen the contents of weiners laptop are dead now. The laptop must be haunted or cursed! (Or connected to the clintons and other high profile politicians, but probably just haunted.)
Please sign one of those agreements where your brain will be donated to science after death.
The Fonz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Fonz For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2022, 10:34 AM   #6842
TheoFleury
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
You are correct and I know he will never change his views, but it drives my crazy knowing someone is out there (real world) spewing this garbage.
Meh. Stressing about what other people are doing is pretty much the least productive thing a person can do
TheoFleury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 10:35 AM   #6843
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
You are correct and I know he will never change his views, but it drives my crazy knowing someone is out there (real world) spewing this garbage.
Do not, under any circumstances, sign up for a Twitter account.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2022, 10:42 AM   #6844
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoFleury View Post
Meh. Stressing about what other people are doing is pretty much the least productive thing a person can do
Crazy is a stretch & probably the wrong word, but it does concern me because of the damaging effects it can have on society.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 10:43 AM   #6845
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Do not, under any circumstances, sign up for a Twitter account.
I don't swim in that cesspool

Quote:
Old 10-21-2022, 11:52 AM   #6846
MissTeeks
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Jan. 6 Committee formally subpoenas Trump:

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/21/jan-...ald-trump.html

Quote:
The records being sought by the House committee pursuant to the subpoena are due Nov. 4. The subpoena also says that Trump would be deposed on Nov. 14, after the midterm elections.

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.
MissTeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MissTeeks For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2022, 11:56 AM   #6847
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Steve Bannon just got 4 months. Hopefully the first of many. Of course he isn't actually going to prison yet, due to appeals.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/dc-ban...ress-1.6623755
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 01:14 PM   #6848
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Republicans have been gaining in the polls to the point where the Senate looks like a tossup.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...-is-a-toss-up/
Old 10-21-2022, 02:48 PM   #6849
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTeeks View Post
The Jan. 6 Committee formally subpoenas Trump:

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/21/jan-...ald-trump.html
Trump will file appeal after appeal until he can't anymore.
Old 10-21-2022, 02:51 PM   #6850
Barnet Flame
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood Jack View Post
Ask him about Alex Jones and the moon landing existence of the moon as well, he’s got solid info
Is the moon flat as well?
Barnet Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 03:14 PM   #6851
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
Is the moon flat as well?
Depends on how much they budgeted for the special effects

Quote:
I've taken the plunge on moonlanding conspiracies and I'm 50/50 on the whole thing, it's certainly conceivable, but there are good reasons to doubt the legitimacy. Did you know that NASA destroyed all the original technology and footage from the first moon landing? For no good reason at all. It's also very odd how up to the moon landing, the USSR was leading the space race and had all the space "firsts", up until the US suddenly shot way past them and completed a flawless moon trip. The Van Allen belt is another tricky one, radiation experts are all over the place regarding what they think it would take to safely pass through it. Radiation is very hard on film, so it's also conceivable that they went to the moon AND faked the footage. I have no doubt that the purpose of NASA, to a degree, is funneling money into black operations. There's a ton of fake NASA footage out there (air bubbles on space walks, astronauts green-screening out, etc.)

Another fun one is the space challenger explosion and how nearly everyone on it has a living twin that is working in a similar field.

But what really messes me up about the moon is that it really shouldn't even exist. Out of every celestial body we've ever observed, the moon is by far the oddest: it's way too big, it's way too light, it has a perfect-circular orbit (every other moon observed has a wobbly, oblong orbit), the same side of the moon always faces the planet, it might be hollow (a NASA scientist that performed seismic tests on the moon famously remarked that it "rung like bell for 24 hours. The moon also has inexplicably shallow craters, implying a very hard structure beneath the dust). The moon also appears to be of identical size as the sun in the sky, as the sun is 400 times larger and 400 times further away (this one alone is so staggering improbable). The moon has a number of statistically impossible characteristics, and the summation of these characteristics is make it perfectly conducive to life on earth. I think the mere existence of the moon is the best evidence we have that life was seeded on earth by outside forces.
Inglewood Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 03:32 PM   #6852
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

How does one perform seismic experiments on the moon without actually going to the moon?

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 03:35 PM   #6853
Knut

Exp:

Picked all that up in the Documentary "Moonfall"
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 03:38 PM   #6854
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

https://www.iop.org/explore-physics/...-the-moon#gref

Quote:
Every single argument claiming that Nasa faked the Moon landings has been discredited.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 03:46 PM   #6855
holden
Scoring Winger

Exp:

The moon landing conspiracy stuff was fun for awhile- right up until Buzz Aldrin decked that guy and then I realized that alot of people REALLY believe in that garbage.
holden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to holden For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2022, 03:47 PM   #6856
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have to admit, I'm curious about the whole 'moon is fake' theory. That seems much more fun than just the moon landing being faked. Have never heard that one before.

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 03:59 PM   #6857
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood Jack View Post
Depends on how much they budgeted for the special effects
fukcing pathetic

Quote:
I've taken the plunge on moonlanding conspiracies and I'm 50/50 on the whole thing, it's certainly conceivable, but there are good reasons to doubt the legitimacy. Did you know that NASA destroyed all the original technology and footage from the first moon landing? For no good reason at all. It's also very odd how up to the moon landing, the USSR was leading the space race and had all the space "firsts", up until the US suddenly shot way past them and completed a flawless moon trip. The Van Allen belt is another tricky one, radiation experts are all over the place regarding what they think it would take to safely pass through it. Radiation is very hard on film, so it's also conceivable that they went to the moon AND faked the footage. I have no doubt that the purpose of NASA, to a degree, is funneling money into black operations. There's a ton of fake NASA footage out there (air bubbles on space walks, astronauts green-screening out, etc.)

Another fun one is the space challenger explosion and how nearly everyone on it has a living twin that is working in a similar field.

But what really messes me up about the moon is that it really shouldn't even exist. Out of every celestial body we've ever observed, the moon is by far the oddest: it's way too big, it's way too light, it has a perfect-circular orbit (every other moon observed has a wobbly, oblong orbit), the same side of the moon always faces the planet, it might be hollow (a NASA scientist that performed seismic tests on the moon famously remarked that it "rung like bell for 24 hours. The moon also has inexplicably shallow craters, implying a very hard structure beneath the dust). The moon also appears to be of identical size as the sun in the sky, as the sun is 400 times larger and 400 times further away (this one alone is so staggering improbable). The moon has a number of statistically impossible characteristics, and the summation of these characteristics is make it perfectly conducive to life on earth. I think the mere existence of the moon is the best evidence we have that life was seeded on earth by outside forces.

Quote:
Old 10-21-2022, 04:10 PM   #6858
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
I have to admit, I'm curious about the whole 'moon is fake' theory. That seems much more fun than just the moon landing being faked. Have never heard that one before.
Yeah it's a whole sub-genre of flat earthers, they think space and everything to do with it is fake. They try to prove all the ISS videos are faked with wire work and stuff.

They think the moon is a light in the sky relatively close to earth that flies around, that it's not a ball of rock but some kind of ball of light.

Link
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2022, 04:21 PM   #6859
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Republicans have been gaining in the polls to the point where the Senate looks like a tossup.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...-is-a-toss-up/

Yup, it's starting to look incredibly bleak down there. If the GQP are successful at winning back both chambers next month and the Presidency in 2024...yikes. That country is in serious trouble. Republicans are at least a 50/50 shot away from their ultimate authoritarian wet dream becoming a reality. Scary times for sure.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 04:25 PM   #6860
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's the ####ing easiest thing to debunk using a few key logical premises based on observation:

1. When the Earth casts a shadow on the moon during an eclipse it consistently produces a circular shadow.

2. The only geometric object that produces a consistently circular shadow is a sphere.

3. Therefore the Earth is a sphere.

My god, people have known this with absolute certainty since the time of Aristotle. The only time it was in question was during the Dark Ages when people had no education and could not read? Are we as dumb as those people?

Yes...yes we are.
Cali Panthers Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post: