Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2022, 11:41 AM   #701
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
I just use the play next feature. Then it rolls through. But I agree it’s a silly design.

That whole app is a gear grinder to be honest.
I'll have to start doing that.
topfiverecords is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 11:53 AM   #702
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchBite View Post
Just a small example of people not listening to experts, it's a plague on our society.
The whole world thinks that they could do everyone else's job, or at least that their jobs are so easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfiverecords View Post
First world ultimate biggest snowflake gear grinder: Apple Podcasts orders by newest which is good in theory but Flames Talk has 3 hours and I want to play hour 1 and then continue to hour 2, and onto 3. After hour 1 it continues to play the day before. Switching sorting to oldest to newest means you have to scroll 450+ episodes every day to get to the recent.
I had all kinds of issues with that app, and in the Apple megathread someone (russic, I think) suggested Overplay, which basically changed my life. IT's a great app!
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2022, 12:20 PM   #703
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
I actually could get my assistant (not a paralegal - that's nowhere near a paralegal's job description) to do that but it would be kind of a dick move when she has actual, real work to do. Plus if I get through to one of these people I'm actually going to have to convince them to do what I want them to.

Anyway I'm not working this morning. Just cleaning my house up, doing laundry, yard work... listening to this incredibly repetitive hold music... I'm starting to hate the saxophone. I've now opened up a customer support chat on their website too, which has been "waiting for agent" for 25 minutes. Interested to see which one is faster!

Weren’t you just complaining about your doctor having appointment hours that didn’t mesh with your busy work schedule?
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2022, 02:52 PM   #704
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nvm

Last edited by CliffFletcher; 07-05-2022 at 02:55 PM.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 02:56 PM   #705
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Freaking Boomers.

Go to Apply Apple Podcasts. Go to Library. Click on podcast of choice. Click the three dots in upper right corner. Click on settings. Then click on Episode Order Oldest to Newest.

You're welcome.

Last edited by CroFlames; 07-05-2022 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Pedantic boomers
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CroFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2022, 03:06 PM   #706
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
Freaking Boomers.

Go to Apply Podcasts. Go to Library. Click on podcast of choice. Click the three dots in upper right corner. Click on settings. Then click on Episode Order Oldest to Newest.

You're welcome.
Holy, did I age 20 years overnight? "Apply" your boomer term elsewhere Freaking Gen Z.

That doesn't even work. It forces you to choose "See All 471 Episodes" and then scroll forever to get the most recent.

No thanks.
Old 07-05-2022, 03:07 PM   #707
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Holy, did I age 20 years overnight? "Apply" your boomer term elsewhere Freaking Gen Z.

That doesn't even work. It forces you to choose "See All 471 Episodes" and then scroll forever to get the most recent.

No thanks.
Yeah it works. I recently got into a 10-year old podcast with ~400 episodes. I sorted oldest to newest and started at episode 1. Easy peasy, grandpa.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 03:08 PM   #708
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

I liked the "fricken Boomers" followed by a 45 step process.

"new tech is so easy and stuff!"
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 03:08 PM   #709
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
Yeah it works. I recently got into a 10-year old podcast with ~400 episodes. I sorted oldest to newest and started at episode 1. Easy peasy, grandpa.
I don't want to listen to 468 episodes first. I want to listen to 469, then 470, then 471.
The Following User Says Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2022, 03:19 PM   #710
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
I liked the "fricken Boomers" followed by a 45 step process.

"new tech is so easy and stuff!"
I am embarrassed that I didn’t figure out how to configure the Podcasts setting to my needs. But yeah, the fact such a common feature is buried three steps deep in the interface is a fail on Apple’s part. They suck at this sort of UI.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 03:20 PM   #711
Ashartus
First Line Centre

Exp:

Man I have ever been getting a lot of spam phone calls today. All with a spoofed number (403 and the first 3 digits of my phone number), and all saying I have just bought an iPhone on Amazon and to press 1 if I want to cancel the order.
Ashartus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 03:49 PM   #712
you&me
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Twice now in the last week, I've gone out for a meal with the family and unknowingly double tipped.

Part of what GMGs is that I didn't bother looking closely at the bill, just went into auto pilot, added a tip at the terminal and paid... Though I think anyone with young children understands the rush to get out of a restaurant before chaos boils over.

The bigger gear grinder is that, in both cases, no mention was made by the server at any point. I've been to both places in the past (with the whole family) and not had an auto grat added, so this is clearly a new / modified policy where they've changed the party size criteria - I generally thought it was 8.
you&me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 04:13 PM   #713
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by you&me View Post
Twice now in the last week, I've gone out for a meal with the family and unknowingly double tipped.

Part of what GMGs is that I didn't bother looking closely at the bill, just went into auto pilot, added a tip at the terminal and paid... Though I think anyone with young children understands the rush to get out of a restaurant before chaos boils over.

The bigger gear grinder is that, in both cases, no mention was made by the server at any point. I've been to both places in the past (with the whole family) and not had an auto grat added, so this is clearly a new / modified policy where they've changed the party size criteria - I generally thought it was 8.
Was there an auto tip, AND the machine still prompted you for a tip? That's dirty.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2022, 04:19 PM   #714
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
Weren’t you just complaining about your doctor having appointment hours that didn’t mesh with your busy work schedule?
Yup - I was working basically dawn to dusk for a month with no days off, and then my file settled on the eve of the main hearing late last week. Since then, I've seen the doctor, gotten my prescription, done a dozen other things I was putting off and now have enough time to take a week out on the coast. That's how it goes with my job.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2022, 04:20 PM   #715
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Yup - I was working basically dawn to dusk for a month with no days off, and then my file settled on the eve of the main hearing late last week. Since then, I've seen the doctor, gotten my prescription, done a dozen other things I was putting off and now have enough time to take a week out on the coast. That's how it goes with my job.
Did you win?
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 04:33 PM   #716
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Did you win?
He’s a lawyer. They always win.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2022, 04:34 PM   #717
you&me
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Was there an auto tip, AND the machine still prompted you for a tip? That's dirty.
Yes. In both cases there was a gratuity automatically added to the bill... When the server presented the terminal after entering the total bill - which included the auto gratuity - I (due to my own carelessness) added a further (20%) tip.

I understand the concept of the auto grat, but the problem I have here is two-fold:

1) I have a large family and we tend to dine out often. I can't recall ever being charged an auto grat for our party of 6 - and I've been to both of these restaurants plenty of times before. Party of 8? Sure. Group of 10? Definitely. But for a table of 6, this is definitely new to me. Reminds me of shrinkflation.

2) Ignoring the possibility of being caught off guard by moving goal posts when it comes to party size, neither server made any effort at all to state the policy up front (as I've experienced in the past with larger groups) or at the time to pay the bill - No, "Here's your bill. We include a gratuity for tables of this size"...

Just seems greasy.
you&me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 04:49 PM   #718
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

Speaking of dining out gg, I'm seeing more and more card readers from Square. As far as I know, and believe me I've asked, these machines only spit out itemized receipts. I don't want itemized receipts. Just an amount, a tip and a total. My bosses don't care if I have a pop on the golf course so let's not even bring it up please.
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SportsJunky For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2022, 05:00 PM   #719
jroc
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

No thanks.
Is anyone else picturing Larry David going on a rant as some Gen Z referred to him as a Boomer?
jroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 05:23 PM   #720
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jroc View Post
Is anyone else picturing Larry David going on a rant as some Gen Z referred to him as a Boomer?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post: