Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2022, 10:06 PM   #681
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I fn really hate being told what I’m going to do.
Old 07-04-2022, 06:33 AM   #682
Geraldsh
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I’d rather be told what I’m going to do before I do it than be told what I could have done after I’m done doing what I did.
Geraldsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 11:26 AM   #683
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

The 70km/h speed limit on the TCH when you leave Calgary eastbound is bad enough, but now they've lowered the speed limit to 80 all the way to Chestermere. Maybe let's upgrade the road with some interchanges if the turning movements are really that dangerous instead of slowing everyone done.

Bonus gear grinder. The TCH, one of Canada's major E/W highways and the number of towns where you have to slow down as you go through (or in some cases you don't even go through them at all, just close by). Either bypass them or build interchanges. Drove to Regina this weekend and between Calgary and Regina there are 6 places where this happens (Calgary to Chestermere, just past Chestermere, Strathmore, Redcliff, Medicine Hat, and Dunmore) and at least three more in Saskatchewan off the top of my head.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lubicon For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2022, 12:05 PM   #684
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Those towns would be hurt/die if bypasses were built.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 12:20 PM   #685
Flacker
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
Even businesses in a larger centre like Regina, tried to fight to kill the bypass. All those businesses that you were forced to crawl by in traffic on Victoria Ave, likely saw a significant drop in revenues when the bypass opened.
Flacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 09:02 PM   #686
Ducay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Having just been on the highway for the last week:

Ducay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ducay For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2022, 07:12 AM   #687
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

sometimes I hate television programmers.
My daughter and I last month watched the first episode of a new kids tv series on Netflix.
She loved it and couldn't wait to see the next one. It doesn't come out until September.

What kind of idiot premieres a show for kids and then makes then wait 3 months to put the rest out?
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 09:41 AM   #688
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
Anyone who needs services will still stop but for the 99.9% who don't it's better to bypass.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 09:50 AM   #689
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just whining about intentional customer disservice again... on the phone with Flair Air, who rescheduled my flight to leave at 2:30 a.m., trying to get on one of the other FOUR FLIGHTS today that are nowhere near full. When I called, it told me there were 29 people ahead of me.

I've now been on hold for an hour and ten minutes so I started doing math... assuming 10% of people drop off (which seems conservative), that gets you 26.1, and if each call takes an average of 10 minutes (which seems more than fair), that's 261 total minutes. So in order to be on hold for an hour and ten minutes, that would mean they'd have to have at most three people manning the phones for the whole company. That's some impressive dedication to frustrating your customers into giving up on getting assistance!

EDIT: I failed to mention, their hold music is one 5 minute long track that just repeats over and over. There's no way that's not intentional.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 10:07 AM   #690
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Aren't you some bigshot lawyer? Have your paralegal call the airlines for you. Don't they do all your work anyway?
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 10:11 AM   #691
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

I actually could get my assistant (not a paralegal - that's nowhere near a paralegal's job description) to do that but it would be kind of a dick move when she has actual, real work to do. Plus if I get through to one of these people I'm actually going to have to convince them to do what I want them to.

Anyway I'm not working this morning. Just cleaning my house up, doing laundry, yard work... listening to this incredibly repetitive hold music... I'm starting to hate the saxophone. I've now opened up a customer support chat on their website too, which has been "waiting for agent" for 25 minutes. Interested to see which one is faster!
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno

Last edited by CorsiHockeyLeague; 07-05-2022 at 10:14 AM.
Old 07-05-2022, 10:14 AM   #692
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

i've owned my own embroidery business for 23 years, so i feel i have a pretty good grasp of any possible issues that might come up when doing an order.
a customer brought up an order and i could 'see the writing on the wall' of a potential issue with what they wanted done. i told them my concerns and a very viable alternative but that didn't matter - "do it the way we want it!!!" - so i did.
sure enough, a few of the garments did exactly what i said my concern was (shocking... i know!).

wrgmg is that the customer was getting all upset about it. i reiterated what i had said to them before the order was started and that i could foresee this happening doing my absolute best to not make it sound like i was saying "i told you so".
i don't know... maybe i'm weird, but if want to do something and get warned of a possible issue by people that are in that industry, i don't think i have the right to get upset at them when things go sideways.
Old 07-05-2022, 10:20 AM   #693
CrunchBite
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Just a small example of people not listening to experts, it's a plague on our society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc-chris View Post
i've owned my own embroidery business for 23 years, so i feel i have a pretty good grasp of any possible issues that might come up when doing an order.
a customer brought up an order and i could 'see the writing on the wall' of a potential issue with what they wanted done. i told them my concerns and a very viable alternative but that didn't matter - "do it the way we want it!!!" - so i did.
sure enough, a few of the garments did exactly what i said my concern was (shocking... i know!).

wrgmg is that the customer was getting all upset about it. i reiterated what i had said to them before the order was started and that i could foresee this happening doing my absolute best to not make it sound like i was saying "i told you so".
i don't know... maybe i'm weird, but if want to do something and get warned of a possible issue by people that are in that industry, i don't think i have the right to get upset at them when things go sideways.
CrunchBite is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CrunchBite For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2022, 10:26 AM   #694
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Success. Final time: 1:47:21... It's sad that I've seen worse.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2022, 10:34 AM   #695
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:

And now you have to brace for the incoming bad review including photos of the subpar work.

We do custom stuff, too. 99% of my customers are rad and some have become friends, but that 1% is a fataing nightmare.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2022, 10:40 AM   #696
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

This reminds me of my friends 4 year old telling her parents that she cant break her toys because they're magic, and proceeding to break them and then cry about it.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2022, 10:58 AM   #697
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I would have included something embroidered with "I Told You So" and put it right on top.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2022, 11:03 AM   #698
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

First world ultimate biggest snowflake gear grinder: Apple Podcasts orders by newest which is good in theory but Flames Talk has 3 hours and I want to play hour 1 and then continue to hour 2, and onto 3. After hour 1 it continues to play the day before. Switching sorting to oldest to newest means you have to scroll 450+ episodes every day to get to the recent.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2022, 11:15 AM   #699
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfiverecords View Post
First world ultimate biggest snowflake gear grinder: Apple Podcasts orders by newest which is good in theory but Flames Talk has 3 hours and I want to play hour 1 and then continue to hour 2, and onto 3. After hour 1 it continues to play the day before. Switching sorting to oldest to newest means you have to scroll 450+ episodes every day to get to the recent.
I just use the play next feature. Then it rolls through. But I agree it’s a silly design.

That whole app is a gear grinder to be honest.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 11:33 AM   #700
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Every time you post one of these stories, it reminds me of this...