Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2022, 01:05 PM   #221
MelBridgeman
Franchise Player

Exp:

No they aren't
MelBridgeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 01:07 PM   #222
Flacker
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
OMG. WTF are you talking about? You're suggesting this topic is of no interest or value to the forum and I replied with some concrete numbers to illustrate the point that although you may not want to talk about it, there is clearly interest in the topic.

I don't get off on those numbers, it was just support for my reply to you. And then you turn that around to give me a gold star?

Haha, that's simultaneously hilarious and pathetic.
Then maybe have some tact. You talk of other people discussing their interests, things they like, you know hobbies. Your hobby and interests is disliking (fearing mostly) dogs and bears?

Even your posts in car threads are usually bashing on something (Nissan for example).

I come here primarily because people are mostly genuine and helpful. I don't think saying people's pets, who most would view as family members, are gross, adds a lot to the community. All triggered because you learned about anal scent glands in dogs.
Flacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 01:07 PM   #223
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
Sliver threads are the best, he takes that part of you that goes "I effing hate this random thing that I know isn't really rational" then he gets vocal and tries to rationalize them. Even if you don't agree, it's always a good ride
1000% this. As soon as I saw this thread, I clicked to open it. I might completely disagree, but honestly that is the best part. There's no conversation if everyone opens it and basically types "###".

I just hope there's no witch hunt here to chase Sliver away, because his threads and comments are great.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 01:20 PM   #224
Party Elephant
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
1000% this. As soon as I saw this thread, I clicked to open it. I might completely disagree, but honestly that is the best part. There's no conversation if everyone opens it and basically types "###".

I just hope there's no witch hunt here to chase Sliver away, because his threads and comments are great.
Nobody does it like Sliver, that's for sure.

I drove through the Banff/Jasper highway recently and couldn't help chuckling about Sliver's "build more mountain town" threads
Party Elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 01:23 PM   #225
Barnet Flame
Franchise Player

Exp:

I completely disagree with the OP.

However, I always look forward to a Sliver thread.
Barnet Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 01:29 PM   #226
Barnet Flame
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post

Haha, this.

There has to be at least an element of disagreement. Even with people coming together to discuss a shared interest.

I sometimes think my wife believes I spend all my time on here posting things like, “oh yes I couldn’t agree more with you!!!! The Flames are indeed the bestest team in the world!”
The Following User Says Thank You to Barnet Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2022, 01:29 PM   #227
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacker View Post
Then maybe have some tact. You talk of other people discussing their interests, things they like, you know hobbies. Your hobby and interests is disliking (fearing mostly) dogs and bears?

Even your posts in car threads are usually bashing on something (Nissan for example).

I come here primarily because people are mostly genuine and helpful. I don't think saying people's pets, who most would view as family members, are gross, adds a lot to the community. All triggered because you learned about anal scent glands in dogs.
Some guys like positivity. I hate it. I like negativity and bashing stuff. Whatever. My friends and I have hilarious conversations just riffing on dumb #### we don't like. I wish they were on CP. There'd be like eight more Slivers.

There is a super simple solution for you, though. Just put me on ignore and don't go into Sliver threads. That won't be hard because I'm probably making - on average - like two or three threads a year. Hardly that prolific, so not difficult to avoid me.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2022, 01:32 PM   #228
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

That's also the world we live in though, people online get really upset if you state your opinion. People just want to hear their opinion come out of your mouth (or I guess... Fingers)
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 01:32 PM   #229
soreshins
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
I say this as someone who absolutely adores dogs and finds immense value in them, and yet, I can still understand why someone fully doesn't want a dog to get too close to them. They're adorable and kinda disgusting. This picture should sum up the entire thread.

My dog loves West Bragg for the horse poop. He would happily eat his body weight in horse poop if we let him.

Still love the dirty wee bugger though

He also tries to sneak rabbit poop when we aren’t looking but I’m wise to his scheming now
soreshins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 01:36 PM   #230
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Yeah lighten up guys. Slivers hurt fingers, not feelings.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 01:37 PM   #231
Barnet Flame
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
That's also the world we live in though, people online get really upset if you state your opinion. People just want to hear their opinion come out of your mouth (or I guess... Fingers)
I dictate my posts to my PA.
Old 07-04-2022, 01:41 PM   #232
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

The question comes out, yeah, Dog's can absolutely be gross, they eat poop, can stink. fire out room clearing farts and not take responsibility for it. Drool like an insane asylum inmate.

But, unlike Cats, Dogs are an open book, you know when they love you, you know their emotions. They hide nothing.

Meanwhile Cats, For every hour they're not sleeping, they're plotting your death. if they had evolved a proper thumb, you'd be tasking the pillow in the middle of the night. Sure Cats show affection, when they want something. They have a low opinion of their master's IQ and survivability. They're not bringing you that dead bird or rat because they love you and want to show you with a gift. They think you . . . human are too stupid to survive on your own.

Cat's may be clean to a fault, they feel an overwhelming need to poop in the same spot. But like most villains its because they're OCD. If they could turn on a tap they'd spend 20 hours a day washing their paws while staring in your mirror and wondering where they can buy a cheap sniper rifle so they can kill you.

Dog's might be gross, but at least you can trust them.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2022, 01:43 PM   #233
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

You think cats hide things?

They're just independent. Kind of like people. Except people actually hide things.

I'd say when a cat comes to you it's more rewarding because it doesn't smother you by default.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2022, 03:06 PM   #234
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacker View Post
Get some new material Sliver, this is a played out, old bit.

Also, "germs", shows the breadth of knowledge we are dealing with here.
Are you serious! Sliver is the only poster I know that can turn an ordinary discussion into a legendary thread. Guys a genious
Old 07-04-2022, 03:10 PM   #235
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
The question comes out, yeah, Dog's can absolutely be gross, they eat poop, can stink. fire out room clearing farts and not take responsibility for it. Drool like an insane asylum inmate.

But, unlike Cats, Dogs are an open book, you know when they love you, you know their emotions. They hide nothing.

Meanwhile Cats, For every hour they're not sleeping, they're plotting your death. if they had evolved a proper thumb, you'd be tasking the pillow in the middle of the night. Sure Cats show affection, when they want something. They have a low opinion of their master's IQ and survivability. They're not bringing you that dead bird or rat because they love you and want to show you with a gift. They think you . . . human are too stupid to survive on your own.

Cat's may be clean to a fault, they feel an overwhelming need to poop in the same spot. But like most villains its because they're OCD. If they could turn on a tap they'd spend 20 hours a day washing their paws while staring in your mirror and wondering where they can buy a cheap sniper rifle so they can kill you.

Dog's might be gross, but at least you can trust them.

Cats help you keep your edge.

They are like little four legged furry Cato Fong.........

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 03:14 PM   #236
keratosis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
Cats help you keep your edge.

They are like little four legged furry Cato Fong.........
They hate everyone equally. No discrimination. Little balls of hate. The minute you do something they don't like they let you know. That's why I like them.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited by keratosis; 07-04-2022 at 03:23 PM.
keratosis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to keratosis For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2022, 03:23 PM   #237
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dogs are fun. They are wonderful creatures who have spent thousands of years with us and usually show that with tremendous love. They are also usually quite hilarious and provide a ton of intentional and unintentional laughs.

That said, they are a lot of work and they do sometimes poop everywhere.
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 03:29 PM   #238
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Some guys like positivity. I hate it. I like negativity and bashing stuff. Whatever. My friends and I have hilarious conversations just riffing on dumb #### we don't like. I wish they were on CP. There'd be like eight more Slivers.

There is a super simple solution for you, though. Just put me on ignore and don't go into Sliver threads. That won't be hard because I'm probably making - on average - like two or three threads a year. Hardly that prolific, so not difficult to avoid me.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2022, 05:04 PM   #239
foshizzle11
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
Can we talk about whose dogs actually eat poop??
My dog would never eat poop. Did I get a rare breed?
ya, I agree, I have one dog who does and one who doesn't.

The one who doesn't eat dog turds will roll around in anything on hikes that is super nasty though, but won't eat poo.

The one who eats poo, doesn't roll in the weird stuff. So which one is better?

Both are gross.
Old 07-04-2022, 07:10 PM   #240
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
I like dogs, but I don't own one. The grossness being the single biggest reason, but the work that is involved is close second.

One of my favorite things is a perfectly trained dog completely loyal to its master. The master just walks around doing their thing and the dog keeps up. No commands, no hassle. The dog just knows what to do.

The problem is the level of commitment required to get to that point is too much for me. And even if you got to that point, you simply can't get around the grossness part any way you slice it.

Therefore I just let me friends have dogs and I enjoy them in small doses.
This is part of what bothers me. You take a thing with thoughts, feelings and desires and remove its freewill and break its spirit until all interactions and behaviours are optimized for you.

I LOVE animals, and will probably keep adopting them while there are a bunch suffering alone in small cages at the shelter because we insist on breeding more of them. That said, I think the concept of pet ownership is totally messed up.

I still haven't heard a compelling reason as to why the life of a dog or cat is worth more than the factory farm chicken or cow that lives a dreadful life only to be slaughtered and keep the cuter dogs and cats alive to serve their largely one way relationships with us.
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote