Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2022, 10:59 AM   #201
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Humans who shower every day? Wash their clothes? Wash their sheets? Don't eat their feces off the ground? Relieve themselves into toilets and then bidet their backsides? Brush their teeth? Don't shove their noses into each other's buttholes as a standard greeting? Don't walk around drooling onto furniture and the floor? Don't walk in dirt, urine and feces in their bare feet and then walk into a house? Don't barf wherever they happen to be sitting regardless of whether or not it's on carpet/furniture/etc.? Don't eat said barf off the ground?

Not sure who you hang around with, but the humans I spend time with aren't nearly as nasty as dogs.

Almost forget, humans also don't release anus smells from their butthole glands and then walk around fanning it for others to inhale. Next time you see a dog wagging its tail, run the fata away from it unless you want those ####### germs flying into your respiratory system.
I dunno, I once witnessed a human take off a greasy old ball cap in a theatre, pour popcorn into it, eat the popcorn, then put it back on his head. So YMMV. I didn't witness him eating his feces off the ground though, but I can't say for certain he wouldn't have done that.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 11:04 AM   #202
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I dunno, I once witnessed a human take off a greasy old ball cap in a theatre, pour popcorn into it, eat the popcorn, then put it back on his head. So YMMV. I didn't witness him eating his feces off the ground though, but I can't say for certain he wouldn't have done that.
Now just imagine if that was every human and you later nuzzled your nose against that sweet, salty, buttery head.

And then imagine the popcorn was poop, and then you have dogs.
PepsiFree is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2022, 11:09 AM   #203
V
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm pretty sure people only like dogs because it's the only socially acceptable way these days to experience a master/slave relationship.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to V For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2022, 11:18 AM   #204
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by V View Post
I'm pretty sure people only like dogs because it's the only socially acceptable way these days to experience a master/slave relationship.
I certainly feel like I'm a slave to my dog at times for sure.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2022, 11:30 AM   #205
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I say this as someone who absolutely adores dogs and finds immense value in them, and yet, I can still understand why someone fully doesn't want a dog to get too close to them. They're adorable and kinda disgusting. This picture should sum up the entire thread.

Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 11:37 AM   #206
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can we talk about whose dogs actually eat poop??
My dog would never eat poop. Did I get a rare breed?
Winsor_Pilates is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 11:40 AM   #207
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
Oh he eats poop alright. Just does it when you're not looking.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2022, 11:43 AM   #208
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but dogs eating poop is a matter of 'when', not 'if', and certainly not a 'never'.

The goose poop on Prince's Island Park -- for example -- is a canine delicacy, and your dog may eat its own poop for various reasons including lack of nutrients resulting from illness.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 11:51 AM   #209
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Lol @ "mine would never!'
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 11:51 AM   #210
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Humans who shower every day? Wash their clothes? Wash their sheets?

Almost forget, humans also don't release anus smells from their butthole glands and then walk around fanning it for others to inhale.
I should introduce you to some of my former roommates.
rubecube is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 11:54 AM   #211
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
My sister had 2 dogs and one was a real poop connoisseur. It seemed to prefer bear scat, but I even saw it eat poop right from another dog's butt before it could even hit the ground. That was one of the nastiest dogs I have even seen. Some dogs are just way into it more for some reason.

I had a dog that pooped out a pickle. I don't know where it found the pickle, but it didn't digest. Just went right through the dog, which he then consumed again. I am not sure if that counts as eating poop though. Might have to consult a poop scientist on that one.
Old 07-04-2022, 11:58 AM   #212
Flacker
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Get some new material Sliver, this is a played out, old bit.

Also, "germs", shows the breadth of knowledge we are dealing with here.
Flacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 12:31 PM   #213
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacker View Post
Get some new material Sliver, this is a played out, old bit.

Also, "germs", shows the breadth of knowledge we are dealing with here.
Dude, I don't want to slap back with a sledgehammer response, but this "get some new material thing" is embarrassing to read. Like, you're gatekeeping content in the off topic section of a message board and you're not even a mod. What are you doing?

Think about the conversations that we come back to here. I've been in the fire on ice or whatever the hockey talk section is maybe twice in my life, but I can't imagine it's a wide breadth of content. Let me guess...guys like a certain player. Guys hate a certain player. Guys think a player isn't pulling his weight. Guys don't like a coach. Guys like a coach. Guys are tired of some guy, IDK, missing passes or something too much. I just don't expect it gets that deep or novel. Just your standard issue sports talk that every fan across every sport spouts.

Back to this topic. I've made, what, four or five threads over the past 13 years about dogs? Oh no. You don't think dog culture has changed at all in that time? Never needs revisiting?

That you took time out of your day to try to put a stop to this thread - one that clearly sparked conversation given there are 211 replies and 7000 views in two days - is bizarre.

And that doesn't even touch on the fact that I don't have "material". I have a set of interests and dogs is one of them. Fuzz likes bikes and slowly building garages. Surferguy likes woodworking. Puppet Guy makes really cool dioramas and other art. Regulator75 takes amazing photos of architecture. Bigtime is into aviation. Puxlut is an accomplished swimmer. Frinkprof can tell you everything you'll ever need to know about transit. Textcritic has an insane amount of knowledge about Christianity and biblical texts. Etc. Etc. Is this all their "material" or do they just enjoy talking about things of interest to them?
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 12:37 PM   #214
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Get new material = stop bumping/making threads on a position I don't agree with. After all these years, CP still hasn't figured out how to apply the wisdom that if you don't like any thread on the board you don't have to go into it.

The internet doesn't always cater its content to your worldview. Deal with it.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2022, 12:40 PM   #215
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ha. Slowly building garages.

Classic.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 12:45 PM   #216
Flacker
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
Get new material = stop bumping/making threads on a position I don't agree with. After all these years, CP still hasn't figured out how to apply the wisdom that if you don't like any thread on the board you don't have to go into it.

The internet doesn't always cater its content to your worldview. Deal with it.

He is bragging about views and replies, he obviously feeds off it, so here is another little gold star for you, Sliver.
Flacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 12:48 PM   #217
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacker View Post
He is bragging about views and replies, he obviously feeds off it, so here is another little gold star for you, Sliver.
OMG. WTF are you talking about? You're suggesting this topic is of no interest or value to the forum and I replied with some concrete numbers to illustrate the point that although you may not want to talk about it, there is clearly interest in the topic.

I don't get off on those numbers, it was just support for my reply to you. And then you turn that around to give me a gold star?

Haha, that's simultaneously hilarious and pathetic.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2022, 12:53 PM   #218
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Dude, I don't want to slap back with a sledgehammer response, but this "get some new material thing" is embarrassing to read. Like, you're gatekeeping content in the off topic section of a message board and you're not even a mod. What are you doing?

Think about the conversations that we come back to here. I've been in the fire on ice or whatever the hockey talk section is maybe twice in my life, but I can't imagine it's a wide breadth of content. Let me guess...guys like a certain player. Guys hate a certain player. Guys think a player isn't pulling his weight. Guys don't like a coach. Guys like a coach. Guys are tired of some guy, IDK, missing passes or something too much. I just don't expect it gets that deep or novel. Just your standard issue sports talk that every fan across every sport spouts.

Back to this topic. I've made, what, four or five threads over the past 13 years about dogs? Oh no. You don't think dog culture has changed at all in that time? Never needs revisiting?

That you took time out of your day to try to put a stop to this thread - one that clearly sparked conversation given there are 211 replies and 7000 views in two days - is bizarre.

And that doesn't even touch on the fact that I don't have "material". I have a set of interests and dogs is one of them. Fuzz likes bikes and slowly building garages. Surferguy likes woodworking. Puppet Guy makes really cool dioramas and other art. Regulator75 takes amazing photos of architecture. Bigtime is into aviation. Puxlut is an accomplished swimmer. Frinkprof can tell you everything you'll ever need to know about transit. Textcritic has an insane amount of knowledge about Christianity and biblical texts. Etc. Etc. Is this all their "material" or do they just enjoy talking about things of interest to them?
Hey, it's done! My house siding? Not so much...
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2022, 12:54 PM   #219
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sliver threads are the best, he takes that part of you that goes "I effing hate this random thing that I know isn't really rational" then he gets vocal and tries to rationalize them. Even if you don't agree, it's always a good ride
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2022, 12:59 PM   #220
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have to ask, and expect to be disappointed with the answer, but you have converted your entire family to Islam, right Sliver? Cause if you don't know the Islamic people's feelings on dogs...