Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2022, 09:13 AM   #1
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:
Default Dogs are so gross

OMG, what I'm about to say is so gross...maybe everyone knows this, but I just read about it.

I was at somebody's house a couple days ago and it stunk like their dog. I was wondering how they couldn't notice. Now, to be clear, not everyone who owns a dog has a stinky house, but many do. Anyway, apparently people go noseblind to the stench, which I guess I knew because we're all noseblind to the smell of our own house. The big revelation is what causes a house to smell like a dog. So dogs have glands in their anus that produce a putrid (to me) smell. When they wag their tail, they're fanning that fataing smell around so it wafts all over the place. And people choose to live in that smell. Wtf!

Anyway, please feel free to share your stories and observations about dog nutters' obsession with these foul creatures.

Also, I get irrationally angry when people call them doggos. I can't even with that word.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2022, 09:17 AM   #2
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

I have nothing to add outside of the fact that I agree dogs are gross and look forward to people defending their enjoyment of their dog’s ass glands.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 09:19 AM   #3
surferguy
Monster Storm

Exp:

Wasn’t sure what to do with my time today but this thread seems to have solved that issue for me.

surferguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 09:24 AM   #4
Timbo
First Line Centre

Exp:

I like dogs, it’s humans that are gross.
Timbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 09:26 AM   #5
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

My cat has no time for your peasant opinion.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2022, 09:29 AM   #6
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

People don't bathe them nearly enough either.

I wash my little idiot every few days. I mean think about it, they don't wipe after they take a crap.

Anyway, looking for some more all time Sliver quotes here
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 09:31 AM   #7
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
People don't bathe them nearly enough either.

I wash my little idiot every few days. I mean think about it, they don't wipe after they take a crap.

Anyway, looking for some more all time Sliver quotes here
Sure, but they lick it clean, then lick your face. So cute!
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2022, 09:40 AM   #8
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Sure, but they lick it clean, then lick your face. So cute!
DoGs' SaLiVa Is ClEaN
Old 07-02-2022, 09:49 AM   #9
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Cats are pretty meticulous about their self-cleaning in comparison to dogs, and given the way my body reacts to their saliva it's probably as chemically potent as bleach.

Dogs go for their regular walks, maybe some off-leash time every week. Who knows what they manage to get into, then they take whatever their fur collects from their adventures as well as fecal clumps from doing their business back into your house, your kitchen, your couch, your bed. I'd be washing that mfer regularly too.

I've been in the houses of dog owners who are clearly great at keeping things clean and wash and groom their pup with regularity, maybe keep them to specific areas and off of the furniture. Also been in homes that smell like the corpses of a thousand dead squirrels, and they live in their dog's shed hair where its allowed to sit on everything and you feel like you need a shower after sitting on their couch for 10 minutes.

Last edited by djsFlames; 07-02-2022 at 09:52 AM.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 10:04 AM   #10
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Yeah, I'm not going to name names, but there is a house my family and I have to go to a few times a year. They have multiple dogs. We wear our yardwork clothes there and when we get home we all get down to our underwear in the front hall on the mat. Everyone then goes straight to the shower and the clothes go straight into the washing machine. It's incredible how some people can live in that filth.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2022, 10:28 AM   #11
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Agree with the use of 'doggo'.

My kiddos love their doggo. It's good that the littles have a catto to play with so the bigs can get work done.

It immediately makes me believe whomever is talking is a lesser being.

Oddly enough, I'm not as annoyed with fur babies, or even plant babies. It at least indicates the level of dedication you have to a living being that you take care of in your house. A level of affection to something other than the spawn of your own loins.
Old 07-02-2022, 10:33 AM   #12
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
Agree with the use of 'doggo'.

My kiddos love their doggo. It's good that the littles have a catto to play with so the bigs can get work done.

It immediately makes me believe whomever is talking is a lesser being.

Oddly enough, I'm not as annoyed with fur babies, or even plant babies. It at least indicates the level of dedication you have to a living being that you take care of in your house. A level of affection to something other than the spawn of your own loins.
I hate the term fur babies

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 10:35 AM   #13
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Yeah, I'm not going to name names, but there is a house my family and I have to go to a few times a year. They have multiple dogs. We wear our yardwork clothes there and when we get home we all get down to our underwear in the front hall on the mat. Everyone then goes straight to the shower and the clothes go straight into the washing machine. It's incredible how some people can live in that filth.
Your family sounds a touch eccentric on the whole.

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JohnnyB For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2022, 10:38 AM   #14
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

My dogs anal glands are the grossest, most disgusting smelling things ever; that's certainly accurate.
But they come out in her poops every so often, they don't waft around the house all the time (although accidents have happened).

On a related note, I've always found there's 2 types of baby parents and pet owners.
The type who have gross houses and use the pet/baby as an excuse and the type that still manages to keep their homes clean and organized because they care.

I didnt want to judge until I had kids of my own and new how hard it actually is, but now that we have a baby, I fully judge people who live in disgust and blame it on their kids and/or dogs.
I think the OP found some of these people.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 10:44 AM   #15
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
Your family sounds a touch eccentric on the whole.
That is certainly the most polite way one could think of to put it. I may have to try this wild yard work hazmat suit technique when going to houses of people with cats.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 11:01 AM   #16
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
I hate the term fur babies
Just a cutesy G rated term for mammal slave.
Old 07-02-2022, 11:30 AM   #17
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

A house with cats is always far worse to me, that smell of cat pee can stink up a house to the point I can't deal with it. Dogs anal glands while also really gross aren't in the same stratosphere as cat pee. I can tell almost instantly if there is a cat in the house as there's at least a faint smell of ammonia immediately after walking in.
PaperBagger'14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 11:46 AM   #18
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
My dogs anal glands are the grossest, most disgusting smelling things ever; that's certainly accurate.
But they come out in her poops every so often, they don't waft around the house all the time (although accidents have happened).

On a related note, I've always found there's 2 types of baby parents and pet owners.
The type who have gross houses and use the pet/baby as an excuse and the type that still manages to keep their homes clean and organized because they care.

I didnt want to judge until I had kids of my own and new how hard it actually is, but now that we have a baby, I fully judge people who live in disgust and blame it on their kids and/or dogs.
I think the OP found some of these people.
Yeah but babies don’t really factor in to the equation much. They don’t do anything, don’t contribute much mess, are easy to keep a handle on, etc. Tiny little clothes that don’t contribute to much laundry. Get back to us when you have 2-3 actual full blown kids running around making messes, requiring entertainment, needing your attention and food made and making three loads of laundry day, etc. You’re just getting started.

Saying having kids is no big deal when you have one newborn is like saying a hike up a mountain is no big deal when you’re still in the parking lot.

Last edited by OutOfTheCube; 07-02-2022 at 11:48 AM.
OutOfTheCube is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2022, 12:20 PM   #19
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I wouldn't judge any parents that have 3 kids and a messy house. I just fully expect that its a given.

Cleaning up after myself already takes enough work, forget two or three other humans that will go out of their way to make a clutter.

The mystery to me is in wanting a family that large. I'd have to really love and respect my partner & what they bring to the table to take that on. That's a life sentence in many ways.

I generally just try to let people do them and not pass judgment, at least until they invite me over to sit and watch a movie in cat/dog hair. Then they put me in a tough position. Use your vacuum..please, at the bare minimum.
Old 07-02-2022, 01:26 PM   #20
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hate how people feel the need to take their dogs everywhere in public. I went to the Canada Day festivities at a local park yesterday and it was annoying how many families had dogs with them. First of all, it was already overcrowded without having to avoid stepping on dogs and having to make room for them. Secondly, I doubt the dogs really wanted to be there. Most of them looked stressed out with the crowds and noise, and some lost their #### when the fireworks started.

Leave your dogs at home and if they can’t be at home unsupervised, then stay at home with them. You took on the responsibility and burden, not everyone else in society.