yes its high time we all got back to ####ting on Dissetowner
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to afc wimbledon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2022, 05:39 PM   #2623
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Yeah this thread was less weird when it was just watching people go to bat for accused rapists and women beaters they don’t know.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 07:00 PM   #2624
Cole436
First Line Centre

Exp:

I don’t like learning more about the people on this forum.
Old 04-02-2022, 08:49 AM   #2625
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoFleury View Post
As a middle aged male, I've found it's just easier to stay away all together. If you're not a slave to your base instincts, you won't find yourself in situations where you can get screwed over. Even just having a girlfriend isn't worth it, for me anyway. Too much financial and emotional risk when the system is rigged against you. Juice just isn't worth the squeeze. Most people need another person to define them or make them happy though. Whether that be by being tethered to them in a relationship or by being a slave to the flesh. They can't stand the thought of being alone and need that codependency
sexual desire and engaing in sex is healthy and normal.

not everyone wants or needs to be celibate or to only fap.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 03:06 PM   #2626
TheoFleury
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonBlue View Post
sexual desire and engaing in sex is healthy and normal.

not everyone wants or needs to be celibate or to only fap.
I'm just sick of getting burned

First girlfriend cheated on me

Wife of 16 years cheated on me. Now I pay so much in child support and alimony I live in poverty essentially

Almost slept with a drunk woman. Turned her down and she told everyone I was gay

Another woman tried to baby trap me. I had a vasectomy 10 years ago and we used a condom lol

Slept with a woman I later found out was married. Dealing with her husband was fun

So yeah. #### all that noise. Being alone is actually pretty awesome if you give it a chance
TheoFleury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 04:06 PM   #2627
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoFleury View Post
I'm just sick of getting burned

First girlfriend cheated on me

Wife of 16 years cheated on me. Now I pay so much in child support and alimony I live in poverty essentially

Almost slept with a drunk woman. Turned her down and she told everyone I was gay

Another woman tried to baby trap me. I had a vasectomy 10 years ago and we used a condom lol

Slept with a woman I later found out was married. Dealing with her husband was fun

So yeah. #### all that noise. Being alone is actually pretty awesome if you give it a chance

Gee, that's tough to read. On top of all that you have that username.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MoneyGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2022, 09:16 PM   #2628
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Five years after the fact, I'm not sure what to make of Kevin Spacey.

He lost his job and had to pay out the House of Cards producers $31M for lost income. Poison and unemployed. The accusation Anthony Rapp is going forward with is that a drunk Kevin Spacey grabbed him, threw him on a bed and Rapp spent 30 seconds extricating himself. Scary for a 14 year old, for sure.

The other allegation against Spacey that came up later proven to be false.

This all happened in the 80s, when much worse happened, and nothing is being done about it. The two Coreys, Drew Barrymore, the whole rock scene. I think that Spacey's career is over, and his name is mud, but I don't know if that is reasonable punishment to fit the crime.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...it-1235127606/
Old 05-26-2022, 10:00 AM   #2629
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Kevin Spacey charged in Britain with four counts of sexual assault

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation...sexual-assault

Quote:
British prosecutors said Thursday that they have charged actor Kevin Spacey with four counts of sexual assault against three men.

The Crown Prosecution Service said Spacey “has also been charged with causing a person to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent.”

The alleged incidents took place in London between March 2005 and August 2008, and in western England in April 2013.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 10:18 AM   #2630
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well there goes his career.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 10:35 AM   #2631
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Fortunately for Kevin Spacey, many of his accusers promptly died for various reasons. Significantly weakening the cases against him.

https://www.distractify.com/p/kevin-spacey-accusers-now

Unrelated photo:
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 07:27 AM   #2632
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Well there goes his career.
I thought it was already gone.
This just puts the flowers on the grave.
Old 05-27-2022, 07:56 AM   #2633
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonBlue View Post
I thought it was already gone.
This just puts the flowers on the grave.
That, sir, was the joke.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 09:31 AM   #2634
OptimalTates
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
The other allegation against Spacey that came up later proven to be false.
Other allegation? Which of the 15 known allegations stemming from 1980 to 2017 were you talking about in that post? I hope it wasn't the one where he got off because his victim plead the fifth. That's not proven to be false, and it's the same mindset that got us into this mess "If I come forward and he isn't convicted then people will think I'm a lying blank, better just to stay quiet." I apologize in advance if there was an allegation actually proven to be false.
OptimalTates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 02:29 PM   #2635
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
That, sir, was the joke.
I must live near an airport for the number of times thing go over my head.
Old 05-27-2022, 03:50 PM   #2636
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimalTates View Post
Other allegation? Which of the 15 known allegations stemming from 1980 to 2017 were you talking about in that post? I hope it wasn't the one where he got off because his victim plead the fifth. That's not proven to be false, and it's the same mindset that got us into this mess "If I come forward and he isn't convicted then people will think I'm a lying blank, better just to stay quiet." I apologize in advance if there was an allegation actually proven to be false.
There was more to that case than just pleading the fifth. Edited text message chains, it happened in a public bar where the person could have left, etc...There was definitely an assault there (uninvited groping), but the impact on the plaintiff might have been exaggerated.

That being said, there's another 14 other people who've came forward plus the three court cases in the UK. It looks like Spacey has a habit of sexually assaulting teenagers. That's why his career is over.
blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 04:16 PM   #2637
OptimalTates
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Edited text message chains,
Which the mother of the accuser claimed she did.

Quote:
it happened in a public bar where the person could have left, etc...
If you don't want to be sexually harassed at work just quit?
Quote:
There was definitely an assault there (uninvited groping), but the impact on the plaintiff might have been exaggerated.
So it wasn't proven to be false?
Old 05-27-2022, 04:37 PM   #2638
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Which the mother of the accuser claimed she did.

If you don't want to be sexually harassed at work just quit?

So it wasn't proven to be false?
I didn't say any of those things. There was definitely more to the story than what you're stating. You don't even have the facts straight. He wasn't working at the time. He was drinking with Spacy. He stayed there for quite a while drinking:

Quote:
The man told police he went over to talk to Spacey after his shift because he wanted to get a picture with the former House of Cards star. He said Spacey bought him several drinks and tried to persuade him to come home with him before unzipping the man's pants and groping him for about three minutes.
and then in one of the last texts he states “I got the autographs and a hell of a … story.” Almost seems to be bragging:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/20/us/mi...cey/index.html

Finally, the accuser writes that he got autographs and a “hell of a story.”

And regardless of whoever deleted the texts, a main piece of evidence had been tampered with. It's also odd that someone's mother would delete texts from their son's phone. It's odd that the accuser would have no knowledge of that or be unable to recognize that the text chain had been altered. Conveniently enough the texts could not be recovered from the girlfriend's phone either and his phone had gone missing.

The accuser only pleaded the fifth once asked about whether he knew altering evidence was a crime and his testimony was then stricken from the record:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainmen...acey-1.5215662

There are obvious difficulties with trying to reconstruct events from texts, as they don't provide very good evidence as to emotion and context.

And apparently you know more than the prosecutors who dropped the charges against Spacey, because according to you this is a great case:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainmen...acey-1.5215662

Once again, there's a lot of problems with the case about the impact on the victim. Even though you state it as fact, the story about the mother deleting the texts is pretty fishy.

That being said, a bit of a moot point, as Stacey did indeed grope this guy, and probably did much worse to lots of other people.
Old 05-29-2022, 09:56 PM   #2639
OptimalTates
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
And apparently you know more than the prosecutors who dropped the charges against Spacey, because according to you this is a great case:
I responded to some guy who said the accusations had been proven to be false. They weren’t.

Charges being dropped means the prosecutors don’t believe they have the chance of succeeding. It does not prove the victim lied.

But it is these type of attitudes that got us here in the first place. It’s why the MeToo movement exists. People afraid to speak up for fear of repercussions, what it will do to their reputation and fear of not being believed. So when someone isn’t convicted and people start saying “allegations were proven to be false” when they weren’t, you should immediately shut them down instead of defending that statement.

Instead of victim blaming him by suggesting he could have just left? Going to say the same about the victim of the Canadian Gold Medal team? Why didn’t Kyle Beach just beat up Aldrich? Young adults drinking and not making rationale or safe decisions does not mean they weren’t assaulted or that it was their fault.

Also young men downplaying sexual assault, such as making light of it or calling it a “story” or joke or prank is a common response. A lot of victims don’t recognize they had been assaulted until long after the fact, they normalize it or downplay it exactly like this. “It wasn’t rape it was just hazing, everyone one the team went through it.” Only to begin feeling the shame, embarrassment, anger, Or experiencing PTSD, anxiety etc. after the fact. So again, the claim he may be exaggerating the impact of his sexual assault is the stuff MeToo was supposed to end. You don’t get to tell victims how they are supposed to feel.

The alleged victim, an eighteen year old male, may have messed up by deleting a text calling Spacey a f****** or something, or “lost” his phone because he didn’t want to have some racist meme that his buddy sent him as a 16 year old become court record. Now he gets legal advice and realize he either has to admit to deleting evidence, perjure himself or plead the fifth. That choice becomes obvious.

But it does not mean he was not assaulted. Nor does not leaving. Nor does him drunkenly referring to it as a story. You’re going to agree with me, so why bother bringing that up at all?

Also it’s weird that you are saying I am stating anything as fact. The mother claimed to delete stuff off the phone, sanitizing it of the “frat boy” activities. I said she claimed to have done it. But my entire point was that nothing was proven.

Inversely, Spacey was also not proven to have sexually assault the victim despite your claim,
Old 05-30-2022, 11:49 AM   #2640
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
I responded to some guy who said the accusations had been proven to be false. They weren’t.

Charges being dropped means the prosecutors don’t believe they have the chance of succeeding. It does not prove the victim lied.

But it is these type of attitudes that got us here in the first place. It’s why the MeToo movement exists. People afraid to speak up for fear of repercussions, what it will do to their reputation and fear of not being believed. So when someone isn’t convicted and people start saying “allegations were proven to be false” when they weren’t, you should immediately shut them down instead of defending that statement.

Instead of victim blaming him by suggesting he could have just left? Going to say the same about the victim of the Canadian Gold Medal team? Why didn’t Kyle Beach just beat up Aldrich? Young adults drinking and not making rationale or safe decisions does not mean they weren’t assaulted or that it was their fault.

Also young men downplaying sexual assault, such as making light of it or calling it a “story” or joke or prank is a common response. A lot of victims don’t recognize they had been assaulted until long after the fact, they normalize it or downplay it exactly like this. “It wasn’t rape it was just hazing, everyone one the team went through it.” Only to begin feeling the shame, embarrassment, anger, Or experiencing PTSD, anxiety etc. after the fact. So again, the claim he may be exaggerating the impact of his sexual assault is the stuff MeToo was supposed to end. You don’t get to tell victims how they are supposed to feel.

The alleged victim, an eighteen year old male, may have messed up by deleting a text calling Spacey a f****** or something, or “lost” his phone because he didn’t want to have some racist meme that his buddy sent him as a 16 year old become court record. Now he gets legal advice and realize he either has to admit to deleting evidence, perjure himself or plead the fifth. That choice becomes obvious.

But it does not mean he was not assaulted. Nor does not leaving. Nor does him drunkenly referring to it as a story. You’re going to agree with me, so why bother bringing that up at all?

Also it’s weird that you are saying I am stating anything as fact. The mother claimed to delete stuff off the phone, sanitizing it of the “frat boy” activities. I said she claimed to have done it. But my entire point was that nothing was proven.

Inversely, Spacey was also not proven to have sexually assault the victim despite your claim,

You're clearly jumping to the worst conclusion despite facts pointing to the opposite being true. No different than the conclusion your opposing.

Anyways, it's all a bit of a moot point anyways, as Spacey seems to be a massive dirtball, and this incident is a drop of water in the bucket.