Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2022, 03:12 AM   #2161
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Will update my wife's situation.

Spoiler!

Last edited by Huntingwhale; 03-01-2022 at 03:19 AM.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 127 Users Say Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post:
3thirty, 81MC, AC, afc wimbledon, Allos, AltaGuy, bc-chris, bdubbs, BeltlineFan, BloodFetish, Boblobla, brocoli, btimbit, Buff, burn_this_city, calculoso, calgarybornnraised, CalgaryFan1988, Cali Panthers Fan, cam_wmh, Captain Otto, CASe333, Charcot, Cheese, chemgear, Chingas, Chonger, CofR, Cowboy89, CroFlames, Cycling76er, DeluxeMoustache, DigitalCarpenter, Dion_Iggy_Kipper!!!, dissentowner, djsFlames, Doctorfever, DownInFlames, Dozer, Duruss, emti, FacePaint, Firebot, firebug, flambers, FlamesAddiction, FLAMESRULE, Fleury’sOTGoalCelebration, flylock shox, Frequitude, Fuzz, Gaskal, Geraldsh, greyshep, guzzy, Incogneto, indes, Itse, jayswin, Jiri Hrdina, JMN, keenan87, Khel, killer_carlson, kipperiggy, kn, KootenayFlamesFan, Krovikan, lambeburger, Leondros, Leopold Stotch, M*A*S*H 4077, mac_82, malcolmk14, Mathgod, Mazrim, MillerTime GFG, Minnie, mivdo, Morning Wood, NegativeSpace, OldDutch, oldschoolcalgary, PaperBagger'14, Plett25, prarieboy, psyang, puckedoff, Puppet Guy, rayne008, redflamesfan08, redforever, Robo, Ryan Coke, Sainters7, Scroopy Noopers, Seitse, simmer2, Slava, Sliver, Snuffleupagus, Sol, speede5, Sr. Mints, station, stazzy33, Strange Brew, surferguy, Swift, Sylvanfan, Table 5, The Big Chill, The Fonz, The Hendog, Thor, tknez16, TopChed, topfiverecords, transplant99, tvp2003, underGRADFlame, Vinny01, wireframe, woob, Wormius, Yamer, Yobbo
Old 03-01-2022, 03:28 AM   #2162
icarus
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't know what to say HW. It feels wrong to thank a post like that, so I won't, but you've got me pretty emotional here. I'm on my way home now and I'm going to give my girlfriend the biggest hug when I get in the door.
Old 03-01-2022, 04:04 AM   #2163
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’m shedding tears as I read HW, my god this is a mess that Putin is creating and it’s starting to really fall off the rails. I wish the west could do more than sanctions and supplying weaponry, I wish there was a more concerted effort to try and get the innocent caught in the middle out. Please stop this mad man…Skudr my heart goes out to you and your family as well, all of cpers who have been affected by this…I have no words I just keep thinking the best possible thoughts for the people of Ukraine and I stand here completely humbled by their courage.
Heavy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Heavy Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2022, 04:21 AM   #2164
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post

Spoiler!
You, your wife and family are good people. I send my best, and my love. May you all keep strong and resolute. Glory to Ukraine.
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cam_wmh For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2022, 04:58 AM   #2165
CofR
Olympic Guru

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post

Spoiler!
Your updates are so powerful and appreciated. I can’t wait for you and your Wife to get home to Canada and be safe. Your posts really make me feel appreciative of being Canadian, it drives home how privileged we are here in Canada
CofR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CofR For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2022, 05:02 AM   #2166
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferguy View Post
Have the Russians been using their air force (fighter jets) at all? Or is it just tanks and helicopters?
Perhaps I’m used to a good old fashioned American war which focuses on pummeling everything by air first.
Definitely just a difference in doctrine. In the West we believe in air superiority, in Russia they try to control the air from the ground. Heavily invested in surface to Air missiles with their aircraft having very little precision strike capability. Mostly still unguided weapons and free fall bombs. Their focus is more on bombing an area vs specific targets
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2022, 05:17 AM   #2167
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CofR View Post
Your updates are so powerful and appreciated. I can’t wait for you and your Wife to get home to Canada and be safe. Your posts really make me feel appreciative of being Canadian, it drives home how privileged we are here in Canada
I always appreciated being Canadian too, even before all this. Now having lived through this, there will never ever be a day that I won't stop to think how lucky I am.

That's all I want for her too. To know that feeling of safety and privilege that Canadians enjoy.

Last edited by Huntingwhale; 03-01-2022 at 06:22 AM.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 06:57 AM   #2168
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathgod View Post

I would much rather her be the PM than Justin.

Same lack of ethics and lust for power, but then you add in a high intelligence?
She might be worse.
I would bet that if she were the leader she'd be smart enough to make sure most of what she does stays buried.

anyway.

I wonder if today id the day that it all goes to hell. I'm of the opinion that while it's been amazing how well the Ukraine has done, they have yet to feel the full might of Russia. From the looks of it, it's coming.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 07:16 AM   #2169
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Western intelligence agencies have good visibility into Putin right now and are closely watching his moves for any significant behavioral changes, several current and former officials said. Four U.S. officials said there is no intelligence saying he is mentally unstable, but they said he has displayed a different pattern of behavior from in the past.

The U.S. has solid intelligence that Putin is frustrated and directing unusual bursts of anger at people in his inner circle over the state of the military campaign and the worldwide condemnation of his actions, one former and two current U.S. officials briefed on the intelligence said.

That is unusual, they say, because Putin, a former intelligence officer, usually keeps his emotions in check.

“He is no longer the same cold-blooded, clear-eyed dictator that he was in 2008,” former CIA Director John Brennan said.

A Western diplomat said Putin appeared to be increasingly insulated and misinformed.
https://www.nbcnews.com/investigatio...s-sa-rcna18026
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2022, 07:19 AM   #2170
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post

It feels like this person went on wiki and googled Mig-29's and donated the entire airforce inventory of Eastern Bloc airforces.

Hard to believe.
I hope we come to the realization that Twitter, TikTok, and viral memes aren’t reliable sources of information about this conflict.

Last edited by CliffFletcher; 03-01-2022 at 07:22 AM.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 07:33 AM   #2171
The Fonz
Our Jessica Fletcher

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
I hope we come to the realization that Twitter, TikTok, and viral memes aren’t reliable sources of information about this conflict.
In this specific case, the tweet CC is referencing was tweeted out by the official Ukraine Parliament account, so should be legit.
The Fonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 07:34 AM   #2172
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
None of those are sources. They’re platforms.

A reputable journalist on tv, in print or on twitter has the same accuracy.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2022, 07:35 AM   #2173
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:
Depends how you look at it.

On Twitter you can follow lists of people that only post verified information.

You can also fall for all the unverified stuff, which many are. But there are tools in place to help bring out the truth.

Lots of the Twitter accounts are just taking stuff being posted on the Telegram channels, verifying it and reposting it.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 07:37 AM   #2174
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

This is hilarious...apparently we are all just a bunch of nazi sympathizers and enablers.

Old 03-01-2022, 07:41 AM   #2175
The Fonz
Our Jessica Fletcher

Exp:

How could anyone write that with a straight face, that what Russia is doing right now is “conducting a special military operation to denazify Ukraine”.
The Fonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 07:47 AM   #2176
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Look, man, those apartment buildings are just riddled with Nazis. Only floors 8 through 15, though; that's why our missiles hit there.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 07:48 AM   #2177
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

I have really admired the Courage of the Ukrainian people to stand up and defend their territory, but at the same time feared for what I thought the eventual outcome would be if they did not get timely and adequate foreign support.

To Huntingwale and anyone else who has loved ones trapped in the Country, you are in my thoughts these days. It's very disturbing to try and fathom what those poor people are going thru. I really wish we as Canadians could offer more to support and help them.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sylvanfan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2022, 08:01 AM   #2178
Samonadreau
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
This is hilarious...apparently we are all just a bunch of nazi sympathizers and enablers.

What in the actually honest #### is this?

Maybe Pointman can speak to it, but are the Russian people this gullable, or they all know Putin is a sham and a disgrace?
Samonadreau is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Samonadreau For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2022, 08:15 AM   #2179
Pointman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samonadreau View Post
What in the actually honest #### is this?

Maybe Pointman can speak to it, but are the Russian people this gullable, or they all know Putin is a sham and a disgrace?
Putin is a shame and disgrace. Most of us know it.
Pointman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 08:19 AM   #2180
surferguy
Monster Storm

Exp:

How do you feel about a revolution today?

Sincerely,

The rest of the world.

surferguy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to surferguy For This Useful Post:

Tags
atrocity , badass zelensky , lying russians , mad man , sneaky fn russian , war sucks