Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2021, 02:50 PM   #181
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
"I hate his stupid face!"
Yeah, it's got me wondering if there was something (or several somethings) that happened between the pair off camera. That's some impressive vitriol she's got towards him...that doesn't seem reciprocated on his part.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 10:40 AM   #182
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Watched the latest episode.

I can't think of a worse cast of just outright dumb players making nonsense plays that go against their own interests.

Of course I'm locked in to watch the rest of the season, but I'm hoping that they switch the format back and get rid of a lot of these advantages.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2021, 11:00 AM   #183
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Survivor is really up it's own ass this season.

Shan is one of the worst things ive ever seen on TV.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Monahammer For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2021, 09:58 PM   #184
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow, what a blindside. Kudos to Ricard, that was ruthless. The build-up to this was presented really well.

Xander continues to be the big winner. He continues to skate by without having to use his idol, which is fine by me.

The pre-merge for this season was painful, but post-merge has been solid so far.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 11:10 PM   #185
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

With Shan hitting the Jury, we lose dino7c and Cheese

Liara doesn't seem like she's emotionally mature enough to play this game. I like how she talks a big game, but constantly shows her emotional immaturity.

Nice job of Erika to orchestrate that vote split blindside. Wonder if that'll come back to haunt her.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2021, 02:15 AM   #186
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
With Shan hitting the Jury, we lose dino7c and Cheese

Liara doesn't seem like she's emotionally mature enough to play this game. I like how she talks a big game, but constantly shows her emotional immaturity.

Nice job of Erika to orchestrate that vote split blindside. Wonder if that'll come back to haunt her.
I have never been more happy to lose...the black alliance storyline seemed set in stone and would have made for a terribly predictable game and storyline.

Liana can go too, what a sore loser. She is still butthurt that Xander owned her.

Do these guys know Danny played in the NFL? Who the heck would vote to give him 1M?

Last edited by dino7c; 11-25-2021 at 02:17 AM.
dino7c is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dino7c For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2021, 02:19 AM   #187
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

My boy Xander keeps getting by without having to use his idol.

I thought he might be gone in week 2 but yet here we are. He's playing quite well.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KootenayFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2021, 06:51 AM   #188
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
I have never been more happy to lose...the black alliance storyline seemed set in stone and would have made for a terribly predictable game and storyline.

Liana can go too, what a sore loser. She is still butthurt that Xander owned her.

Do these guys know Danny played in the NFL? Who the heck would vote to give him 1M?
Agree 100%
There was always "something" redeeming about past selections I could cling to...but not this year. What makes it worse is she is a Canadian.
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 10:21 PM   #189
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Shan is one of my least favourite players in recent memory... the black alliance thing was nonsense, in my opinion. As a person of colour people feel the need to get my opinion on things all the time, like I got so many messages asking what I thought about the Ahmaud Arbery verdict. The last thing I want is to watch black people try to form an alliance solely based on race in a game that, for 41 seasons, hasn't really had a damn thing to do with race.

Sorry if this wasn't the venue to rant about it but I just want to watch Survivor and after such a long break this season really let me down.
Acey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Acey For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2021, 10:22 PM   #190
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I thought that was a pretty decent episode, Ricard showed some serious balls voting Shan out like that. He is ruthless, I wouldn't mind seeing him win now.

Danny has no case for a win, Ericka could start building a resume but it is also pretty late in the game... I feel like Xander is probably the most deserving right now.. but ya it has been a pretty mediocre season punctuated by some entertaining tribals.

Liana might be one of the worst players I've ever seen. She talks so much but does absolutely nothing and was dragged to this point by Shan.

Watching Shan go home was pretty satisfying though, she has been annoying even to me watching with her need to control everything all season. I couldn't imagine being on a beach with her.
Old 12-01-2021, 08:29 AM   #191
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Finally some excitement! Good episode. Wasn’t a fan of ricard but I have come around on him after this episode. He definitely is scheming more than I though. Might hurt him though that Erica can take the credit there even though he set it in motion.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 08:42 AM   #192
cznTiburon
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I found it really amusing that Shan called Deshawn a rat for voting her out yet her entire plan was to go after Deshawn, yet she still "Loves" ricard despite the fact it was him that got her out.

It was crazy how much time they focused episodes solely on Shan and her surrounding core, glad she is gone. Let's see some other people start to shine
cznTiburon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 09:52 PM   #193
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cznTiburon View Post
I found it really amusing that Shan called Deshawn a rat for voting her out yet her entire plan was to go after Deshawn, yet she still "Loves" ricard despite the fact it was him that got her out.

It was crazy how much time they focused episodes solely on Shan and her surrounding core, glad she is gone. Let's see some other people start to shine
I think it’s because they have been giving the winners the “winners” edit for quite some time and been taking some heat for it. Maybe trying to change things up.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 10:58 PM   #194
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

What a ridiculous time filler episode. It’s nauseating that every episode is focused on race.

Last edited by Yoho; 12-01-2021 at 11:05 PM.
Yoho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yoho For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2021, 02:35 AM   #195
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoho View Post
What a ridiculous time filler episode. It’s nauseating that every episode is focused on race.
And enough with the twists...not to mention there was 10 mins left when he picked a box, it was so obvious he was still in. Lianna was so happy when he got fire lol.

"I hate his face" Lianna talking about the burden of being judged on her appearance

The ironing
Old 12-02-2021, 06:22 AM   #196
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

The episode was worth it, just to watch Shan's face when Lianna got the boot. It was like we got to watch her get eliminated twice.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 11:34 AM   #197
brocoli
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Just a stupid twist this late in the game. Could you imagine if a fan favourite left on a game of chance. Not that I know who the fan favourite is at this point. Zander maybe, who would have left with 2 advantages and no fault of his own. I could see this working early in the merge for a shake up possible, but another bumbling misstep for survivor on one of the worst seasons ever.
brocoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 12:12 PM   #198
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Deshaun makes the mathematically incorrect decision and survives

Par for the course of the way this season has gone !
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jason14h For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2021, 12:15 PM   #199
Iggy_12
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoho View Post
The race stuff is nauseating, if anyone watched big brother it was the same garbage there. Playing a televised game and forming an alliance is not going to have any impact on societal issues it really has become exhausting. Im happy the platform is being used to express diversity and continued awareness to the issues but focusing every episode around it has made the season very tedious
Iggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 01:14 PM   #200
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy_12 View Post
The race stuff is nauseating, if anyone watched big brother it was the same garbage there. Playing a televised game and forming an alliance is not going to have any impact on societal issues it really has become exhausting. Im happy the platform is being used to express diversity and continued awareness to the issues but focusing every episode around it has made the season very tedious

I agree the race alliances are stupid and they don't seem to work out well. The last time a group like this worked was I think the Black Widow Brigade, But that was just one of the most ruthless alliances that this game has ever seen.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote