Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-19-2021, 03:25 PM   #4681
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
I've picked up Guardians of the Galaxy (Amazon) and Riders Republic (PSN Digital).
My usual gaming podcasts have been almost universally pleasantly surprised with Guardians. I should look into it sooner rather than later.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 04:23 PM   #4682
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
My usual gaming podcasts have been almost universally pleasantly surprised with Guardians. I should look into it sooner rather than later.
I had been keeping an eye on it and for $39.99 really felt like you couldn't go wrong.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2021, 04:31 PM   #4683
mrkajz44
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
I've picked up Guardians of the Galaxy (Amazon) and Riders Republic (PSN Digital).

Excited to give both games a shot.

If you need to extend your PS Plus it's a great price at $47 too. Might actually buy a second year too because generally the price just always goes up, might as well lock in.
Does anyone know if there is an expiry on these? I'll bounce around playing online or not, but have a few games saved up to play on the Switch, so I don't need any online access for several months. Can I buy the $47 year pass now and use it 6-8 months later?
Old 11-19-2021, 09:53 PM   #4684
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

My advice with old valuable games is to just sell them now. Even if they go up more you won’t be seeing anything crazy - like if it’s $150 now, maybe it’ll be $200 or $250 in another 10 to 15 years, it isn’t going to be worth thousands.

I’ve offloaded a lot of my more valuable games on eBay the last year and a half and have no regrets. I don’t have the old consoles anymore so don’t even have a way to play them.

Plus if you die in a car accident tomorrow, your wife / mom / kids will just offload them all for $5 each at a garage sale and someone else gets to profit. Might as well get the benefits for yourself lol.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2021, 12:02 PM   #4685
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
it's really disappointing to see what Rockstar is doing these days. Their big titles used to be the gold standard, now it feels like they're just fine with ripping off players. Asking people to buy the same game for three straight generations is audacious, and throwing in a quick and careless cash grab like this trilogy doesn't exactly help fight the feeling that they're turning into another company that gives zero ####s anymore.
Oh no, is the GTA 3/VC/SA re-release no good? I was excited to buy it for the new graphics/physics once I'm done with the AC: Wrath of the Druids DLC, what's wrong with it?

And yeah in general I'm so frustrated with the GTA series lately, the massive success of GTA Online ruined everything. R* has learned from it they can still make essentially new game release money through stuff like this, as opposed to sinking all that time & money in a brand new release or proper single player DLC.

If GTA Online wasn't such a runaway success, I'm convinced we would've had multiple GTA 5 SP DLCs & a proper GTA 6 by now. Stupid MP is ruining the medium for old school SP gamers like me, I hate it..

Last edited by Sainters7; 11-20-2021 at 12:07 PM.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sainters7 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2021, 05:45 PM   #4686
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Battlefield 2042 might be the worst game I've ever played. Glad I got my money back
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 06:09 PM   #4687
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
Oh no, is the GTA 3/VC/SA re-release no good? I was excited to buy it for the new graphics/physics once I'm done with the AC: Wrath of the Druids DLC, what's wrong with it?

And yeah in general I'm so frustrated with the GTA series lately, the massive success of GTA Online ruined everything. R* has learned from it they can still make essentially new game release money through stuff like this, as opposed to sinking all that time & money in a brand new release or proper single player DLC.

If GTA Online wasn't such a runaway success, I'm convinced we would've had multiple GTA 5 SP DLCs & a proper GTA 6 by now. Stupid MP is ruining the medium for old school SP gamers like me, I hate it..
Yeah that is 100%, exactly how I feel. Glad I'm not alone in this. The only person I have on my friends list is my brother and we play golf
1_Flames_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1_Flames_Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2021, 08:55 AM   #4688
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
Battlefield 2042 might be the worst game I've ever played. Glad I got my money back
What problems did you have? I finally got around to playing it last night and enjoyed my session. Portal was pretty awesome, pretty much played bad company on a new engine which was great.
Since1984 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 08:59 AM   #4689
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1984 View Post
What problems did you have? I finally got around to playing it last night and enjoyed my session. Portal was pretty awesome, pretty much played bad company on a new engine which was great.
Overall it just felt too much like COD, it's like they took all the bad parts of BF5 and put them in a futuristic setting. Can't stand the movement speed.

Portal would be the only savior, if they ever bring back dedicated community servers
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2021, 09:03 AM   #4690
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
I haven't played it myself, but from what I've read and seen online it's a poorly ported mess filled with bugs and weird character animations. Reviews have been pretty devastating and fans were pissed, so Rockstar quickly came out to apologize and promise patches to fix it. IIRC it wasn't even developed by Rockstar itself, but a third party studio primarily focusing on mobile games, so ...

fully agree with everything else you wrote. I'm also a player who is only interested in good SP games, I have zero interest in online MP games. It's frustrating to see that we're getting the short end of the stick, but money talks unfortunately.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2021, 11:47 AM   #4691
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
My advice with old valuable games is to just sell them now. Even if they go up more you won’t be seeing anything crazy - like if it’s $150 now, maybe it’ll be $200 or $250 in another 10 to 15 years, it isn’t going to be worth thousands.

I’ve offloaded a lot of my more valuable games on eBay the last year and a half and have no regrets. I don’t have the old consoles anymore so don’t even have a way to play them.

Plus if you die in a car accident tomorrow, your wife / mom / kids will just offload them all for $5 each at a garage sale and someone else gets to profit. Might as well get the benefits for yourself lol.
Thanks, that's a pretty good option and good advice as well. I have a pretty extensive collection and may end up doing that. Just heard many horror stories from eBay with buyers saying they didn't receive items and trying to rip off sellers. And ebay always seems to side with buyers. If you have had good experiences with it that makes me feel better about it.

Also the other thing you said is totally true. My wife said when I die she is having a garage sale and selling everything for 20$/box.
Old 11-21-2021, 10:42 PM   #4692
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Flames_Fan View Post
Thanks, that's a pretty good option and good advice as well. I have a pretty extensive collection and may end up doing that. Just heard many horror stories from eBay with buyers saying they didn't receive items and trying to rip off sellers. And ebay always seems to side with buyers. If you have had good experiences with it that makes me feel better about it.

Also the other thing you said is totally true. My wife said when I die she is having a garage sale and selling everything for 20$/box.
I’ve done probably around 25 individual sales and has basically no problems. One guy in the States sent sent me a janky sketchy address and the game never made it there, so I had to refund the guy. But about a week later it ended back at my place so i only lost out on the shipping cost.

Any hiccups I’ve had have been with customers in the US (waiting for payment, extra requests, bad communication) so I stopped offering to the US and have had no problems since.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2021, 11:51 AM   #4693
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

After beating Demon's Souls, I developed bit of an itch to play other FromSoft games. Immediately booted up Bloodborne and have been having a good time with that so far. I had no idea I was such a sucker for punishment.
Kybosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 03:53 PM   #4694
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Hey guys, what's a fair price to ask for an original model very gently/lightly used PS4 with upgraded internal 2TB HD, one controller, 9 games (God of War, Nier, Dying Light, Order 1886, Need For Speed: Rivals, Assassins Creed Unity, Final Fantasy XV, and Watch Dogs? Thanks
Old 11-23-2021, 04:00 PM   #4695
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

I started playing Yakuza on Game Pass. After the incredibly long cutscenes to start, I’m at the point where there’s more gameplay and … this game is f-cking hilarious.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2021, 11:51 PM   #4696
Meelapo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

If anyone is interested in purchasing Outriders or Avengers for the PC please let me know. I have 5 x 20% off coupons for those games through GreenManGaming.

https://www.greenmangaming.com/games...s-avengers-pc/
https://www.greenmangaming.com/games...me-edition-pc/
https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/outriders-pc/

The coupon stacks on top of the existing sale prices.
Meelapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 11:28 AM   #4697
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Guardians of the Galaxy PC on sale for $52 on Steam, pretty good for a new game.
Old 11-25-2021, 03:56 PM   #4698
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's like 40 for ps5 though.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2021, 04:42 PM   #4699
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
It's like 40 for ps5 though.
It'll be at least 30% better on PC.
DownInFlames is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2021, 06:38 PM   #4700
LChoy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
I wish you could borrow PC games from the library like you can console games. I've been wanting to play the Call of Duty Modern Warfare and Black Ops Cold War single player campaigns, but I'm not interested in the multiplayer so have been waiting for the prices to drop... Look at the prices today? $80. Lol.
Hey Photon, both of those games are on sale for 50% off today on Battlenet
$39.99 plus tax. One of the few times they come on sale so I would get them if you really want to play the single player campaign

LChoy