Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-22-2021, 03:08 PM   #2541
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
So that's the first generator then. You just kill the bat. When it flashes before it charges, you do the parry and can one shot it.

Perhaps I just suck then. I wasted easily an hour in that specific part before I gave up. I haven’t been able to one-shot the bat at all…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 03:12 PM   #2542
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFanStrandedInEDM View Post
Perhaps I just suck then. I wasted easily an hour in that specific part before I gave up. I haven’t been able to one-shot the bat at all…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah anything the flashes you press 'X' to parry and can one shot it (I posted a video on my other post before this you can check out). You have to press X while the flash happens, not necessarily when it gets to you, so the timing can feel a bit weird.

I would practice this a bit on some of the easier enemies like that bat as it's essential to be good at it for later in the game, particularly with some of the bosses.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 11:05 PM   #2543
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFanStrandedInEDM View Post
I soft-locked myself out of my Metroid save about 3 hours in. Haven’t got around to restart it yet. It Autosaved with 14 health left and a sequence that is impossible to pass without taking damage. (Immediately after turning the power back on in that second World/Ship/Planet)
On top of the other suggestions - if this was an autosave and not a save room room that has you trapped, you can always press the Minus button on the controller and navigate the menus to "Load Previous Save" instead of the Autosave. That'll take you back to the last save room you were at.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 09:21 AM   #2544
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

One control I'm finding really annoying is the grapple beam. You engage targeting with L, then turn it on holding ZR, then shoot it with Y. I'd find it much easier to use if you just targeted, then shot it with ZR. Why turn it on, and then shoot it? Just shoot it.

It also behaves differently with the Omega cannon engaged. You can't target first, because that puts you in Omega aiming mode. So you have to engage it, manually aim, then fire it. No standing still, aiming, then firing. Took me many EMMI death tries to realize what was going on there.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 02:39 PM   #2545
mrkajz44
First Line Centre

Exp:

My wife and I were planning to get a new OLED Switch for Christmas this year (our gift to ourselves), but I'm hearing about the chip shortages and wondering if we should just try to scoop one now? Do you think it will be as hard to get a Switch as it is for the PS5 and Xbox these days?

I'm only hesitating on it as we want it to feel like an actual Christmas gift so we'd likely not play it until then, and I'm worried about getting a dud and having a hard time with returns if we bought it a few months before we open the box.
Old 11-02-2021, 05:06 PM   #2546
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Nintendo just announced they're cutting production so it could be tough. Best grab one when you can.

https://www.techradar.com/news/ninte...chip-shortages
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2021, 08:45 PM   #2547
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkajz44 View Post
My wife and I were planning to get a new OLED Switch for Christmas this year (our gift to ourselves), but I'm hearing about the chip shortages and wondering if we should just try to scoop one now? Do you think it will be as hard to get a Switch as it is for the PS5 and Xbox these days?

I'm only hesitating on it as we want it to feel like an actual Christmas gift so we'd likely not play it until then, and I'm worried about getting a dud and having a hard time with returns if we bought it a few months before we open the box.
Retails often have holiday return policies that extend well into January so if the plan is to get one and open it later, might as well secure it now since you have the peace of mind of returning it later.
Anduril is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Anduril For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2021, 02:31 PM   #2548
mrkajz44
First Line Centre

Exp:

Just scooped one from Best Buy that explicitly had any purchases after Nov 1 as qualifying for their holiday return policy, so I'm now covered there even if we don't open it up until Christmas.

Curious to see how it plays out for Christmas - will people try to get a switch instead if they can't get a PS5 or Xbox? Probably not, but maybe?
Old 11-03-2021, 08:13 PM   #2549
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Animal Crossing update released early
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to N-E-B For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2021, 02:01 PM   #2550
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have seen Switch Oleds at multiple Shoppers drug marts...if you have a 20x points this is the way to go

Nintendo has a really good warranty in the unlikely event something is wrong with it...plus most CCs also cover it or double the warranty
Wouldn't worry about buying one now
Old 11-10-2021, 12:47 AM   #2551
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

Downloaded Pikmin Bloom. I thought it would be like Pokemon go, except pokémon just doesn't do anything for me

Instead Pikmin bloom seems more like a fitness tracker? I've yet to discover the point of it, except to be rewarded for walking (which I can barely do anyway, lol, so this is going to take a while at my ~1500 steps a day

Sooooo...will I eventually get to send my army of 6 Pikmin to attack a giant ladybug, then feel tremendous remorse should some of them die?
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 11:17 AM   #2552
mrkajz44
First Line Centre

Exp:

My wife is looking for a game to replace her prior love of Stardew Valley. We tried Animal Crossing, but she's not a fan of it (doesn't like how the game is tied to the actually time of day when she can only really play at night when the kids are in bed). She also thinks its a bit grindy.

I've looked at it seems like Littlewood or My Time at Portia could be options. Any other ideas? The less combat the better.
Old 11-10-2021, 11:51 AM   #2553
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
My wife is looking for a game to replace her prior love of Stardew Valley. We tried Animal Crossing, but she's not a fan of it (doesn't like how the game is tied to the actually time of day when she can only really play at night when the kids are in bed). She also thinks its a bit grindy.

I've looked at it seems like Littlewood or My Time at Portia could be options. Any other ideas? The less combat the better.
Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town would be my suggestion. Might as well play a remake of the game that inspired Stardew!

If she wants more Stardew like gameplay though, Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town would be the choice.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mazrim For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2021, 11:52 AM   #2554
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

I am once again playing FF9.

God damn, I love my switch for letting me play this game! Diablo 2 and FF9 are just the tits on the switch.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 09:20 AM   #2555
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Stardew Valley is one of my all time favorite games, so I regret to inform you that it is the absolute peak of that genre and nothing else really even comes close.

The aforementioned Pioneers of Olive Town is the only game I thought managed to be okay, but that had a number of issues and was missing a lot of the charm. I’d avoid Friends of Mineral Town, the graphics are very bad and it’s a remake of a Game Boy game, so it’s so basic and simple it really feels like “my first Harvest Moon”.

My honest recommendation is just to start a new game in Stardew Valley, no other game even comes close. And wait for Haunted Chocolatier.
Old 11-11-2021, 11:46 AM   #2556
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Finished Dread. It really ended up being a disappointment. Spoilery review.

Spoiler!
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 11:22 AM   #2557
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Switch version of GTA remaster sucks

Save your money/wait for a patch

20 fps in parts lol. It's a PS2 game for Christ sake
Old 11-13-2021, 11:31 AM   #2558
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Apparently the main console versions are no better, it’s just a junky remaster all over
Old 11-13-2021, 02:35 PM   #2559
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Yeah I'm passing on the GTA Trilogy remaster on all consoles. It's just a money grab by a company with more money than Musk.
1_Flames_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 02:46 PM   #2560
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought Saints Row was basically GTA? It is pretty close anyway. Has anybody tried Star Wars KOTOR for the Switch or is it still better as a PC game?
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote