Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-31-2021, 11:13 AM   #21
Zarley
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm thinking about doing Mountain Collective this season - anyone have feedback on this pass?

I skied more last season than I have since I was a kid - hoping to build on that momentum.
Zarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 11:16 AM   #22
slots881
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
No sure if Sports Rent does season long rentals, might be worth asking them... but why not just have her buy a pair of boots (because rental boots are terrible) and then rent the board for the weekend whenever you feel like going out?
Unfortunately, we only carry Seasonal rentals for Junior Ski equipment at the moment.
Definitely worth buying a comfortable pair of Boots if she's going to be going regularly.
slots881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 12:24 PM   #23
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingchina View Post
My wife has decided to try snowboarding again this year, after not having gone in 10+ years, but before I go and buy her gear, is there a place that will just rent the gear for the year?
RCR has their wings program only does ski's for adults.
Hey man. How tall is your wife? My daughter has a nice board she'll be selling. I think it's a 145ish. Probably good for somebody 5' - 5'4" (tip will hit right around her collarbone). Board is a K2, which may not have the name recognition to some snowboarders as Burton, Gnu, etc.; however, it's a sick board that has lots of life left in it. She just had a growth spurt between last season and this season and got too tall for it. I may also have some boots and other stuff if you're starting from scratch. If you are interested, shoot me a PM with your phone number, wife's height and boot size, and I'll text you details of what we have with pics. Pretty much promise I'll give you a better deal than anywhere else...maybe you'll end up owning everything you need for the price of one rental hah.

I also have a Sims board with bindings I bought off Kijiji last year just for the kids to practice tricks on the trampoline. Could probably get rid of that, too, if it would be a better fit. That one would be like $100 including bindings. I don't know how old it is or how quality it is because I wasn't looking for anything specific other than a trampoline board. It looks fine, but who knows.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 12:28 PM   #24
Flames0910
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarley View Post
I'm thinking about doing Mountain Collective this season - anyone have feedback on this pass?

I skied more last season than I have since I was a kid - hoping to build on that momentum.
It's pretty sweet if you think you will be able to make it to the states or any other international destinations.

The killer thing about Mountain Collective is that although you only get two free days at each resort, they give you 50% off the window rate for subsequent days. While you have to pay more upfront, that window rate is lower than even a Louise/RCR card so long as you use it enough to hit the breakeven point.
Flames0910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 12:16 PM   #25
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

at my wifes suggestion we pulled the trigger on two passes for lake louise for this season. seems like a good deal as we can make 4 interest free payments of around $300 and a pass give us some discounts at area hotels and stuff, so we will make a few weekends of it as we now feel that our kids are old enough to be on their own for one night on a weekend.

first ever we have done this as historically myself and my son have been invovled in hockey all winter.

not looking forward to the 5.30am wakeup calls and two hour drives though
Old 10-07-2021, 01:17 PM   #26
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames0910 View Post
It's pretty sweet if you think you will be able to make it to the states or any other international destinations.

The killer thing about Mountain Collective is that although you only get two free days at each resort, they give you 50% off the window rate for subsequent days. While you have to pay more upfront, that window rate is lower than even a Louise/RCR card so long as you use it enough to hit the breakeven point.
The 50% off at MC resorts, is also a benefit to the Big3 (what I got). Maybe the individual hill season passes do too, not sure.

Here’s an MC. Promo page, $465 CDN.
https://www.inntopia.travel/ecomm/pa...ocode=CADatPar

Also, been in contact with Winsport, and sounds like public pipe is back. We’re pushing for weeknights. Taco Tuesday again?

Last edited by cam_wmh; 10-07-2021 at 01:20 PM.
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 02:22 PM   #27
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
The 50% off at MC resorts, is also a benefit to the Big3 (what I got). Maybe the individual hill season passes do too, not sure.

Also, been in contact with Winsport, and sounds like public pipe is back. We’re pushing for weeknights. Taco Tuesday again?
Is that order page and offer legitimate because I don't see any mention of an at par offer on the actual Mountain Collective website. The best I could find for an offer is a code for $75CAD off the price of a pass.

Edit: nevermind, I took the promo code in the link (CADatPar) and plugged it into the checkout page for Mountain Collective and it provided at $124USD discount. Very good.

Last edited by calgarygeologist; 10-07-2021 at 02:26 PM.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 11:36 PM   #28
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
Is that order page and offer legitimate because I don't see any mention of an at par offer on the actual Mountain Collective website. The best I could find for an offer is a code for $75CAD off the price of a pass.

Edit: nevermind, I took the promo code in the link (CADatPar) and plugged it into the checkout page for Mountain Collective and it provided at $124USD discount. Very good.
Yep. Also, if any of you bought at higher prices BEFORE this promotion, they should refund you the difference. They did that for me in a few years ago, when I emailed them about it.

Also, a shameless plug. I have a Burton jacket, I'm selling.
It's part of their limited Banshey line last season. 3 Layer Gore. And it's pink.

https://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?t=185050
Old 10-15-2021, 11:48 PM   #29
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh, and exciting news at the Lake.

* They're opening the lower half of their two new proposed lifts on the front side, Juniper Express. Looks like similar base location to where Olympic once was, and westerly to the original Glacier triple base. For next season, this lift will be ideal for park laps. Next summer/fall, when the Upper half of the Juniper Express is constructed, there'll be a second base to peak chair, in parallel to Glacier/Top-O.

* Glading lower west bowl, for easier exit's back onto the ski-out/egress.

https://www.skilouise.com/things-to-...w-for-2021-22/
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cam_wmh For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2021, 10:09 AM   #30
BowRiverBruinsRule
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slots881 View Post
Unfortunately, we only carry Seasonal rentals for Junior Ski equipment at the moment.
Definitely worth buying a comfortable pair of Boots if she's going to be going regularly.
Hi slots.
Will Sports Rent have any pre season Ski tune-up specials this year. I remember years past had specials. And are you doing ski tune-ups yet?Thanks.
BowRiverBruinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 01:00 PM   #31
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

I took my skis to outlaw sports on heritage to get tuned, and the guy there tells me they are having a big sale this weekend.

I was out running errands this morning and stopped there - was pretty disappointing sale.
Old 10-16-2021, 01:17 PM   #32
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Speaking of sales, does anyone know if Source still does those big fall warehouse sales?
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 05:15 PM   #33
Zarley
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post

Thanks for posting this - managed to grab a pass at the discounted rate. Now I'm daydreaming about a trip to Big Sky!
Zarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 01:36 PM   #34
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarley View Post
Thanks for posting this - managed to grab a pass at the discounted rate. Now I'm daydreaming about a trip to Big Sky!
I did a Big Sky + Jackson trip a few years ago with my MC. Pretty great. Would be even better now that they've added Grand Targhee

Check out The Hostel at Jackson Hole for a place to stay that won't bankrupt you
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 01:52 PM   #35
slots881
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowRiverBruinsRule View Post
Hi slots.
Will Sports Rent have any pre season Ski tune-up specials this year. I remember years past had specials. And are you doing ski tune-ups yet?Thanks.

Yes! Sports Rent is doing our Full tune Special for $40, all of October. Just drop off your skis and Snowboards, and we'll Ptex(fill), stone grind, sharpen and wax them up for you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slots881 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2021, 02:06 PM   #36
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Where in the city can you do year long rentals. My boy keeps growing and I don't want to sink in $$ to equipment. Previously we have done this through Nakiska, but we aren't skiing there this year.

I am hoping for somewhere in the city.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 02:14 PM   #37
slots881
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
Where in the city can you do year long rentals. My boy keeps growing and I don't want to sink in $$ to equipment. Previously we have done this through Nakiska, but we aren't skiing there this year.

I am hoping for somewhere in the city.
Sports Rent does seasonal Jr. Ski rentals. We are just getting our inventory organized and we will probably start renting it out next week.
Old 10-20-2021, 02:51 PM   #38
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slots881 View Post
Sports Rent does seasonal Jr. Ski rentals. We are just getting our inventory organized and we will probably start renting it out next week.
That's awesome

When you say Jr, he is 15, 5'10" 155lbs of twisted steal and sex appeal & size 10 feet.

I assume you guys will have gear for him?

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 05:52 PM   #39
slots881
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
That's awesome

When you say Jr, he is 15, 5'10" 155lbs of twisted steal and sex appeal & size 10 feet.

Unfortunately, our largest junior size is a sz.8 boot. He'd be into an adult boot and ski and we don't carry those for seasonal rentals.
Old 10-21-2021, 07:09 AM   #40
kcin
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
That's awesome

I have an older set of gear I'm looking to give away if you're interested in free stuff. Nordica Hot Rod 170cm + boots + poles only used a few times a year. Very similar body characteristics so should fit perfectly. DM if interested.
kcin is offline   Reply With Quote