Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2021, 02:04 PM   #181
Franchise Player

Exp:

I know there's a lot of anger there but the ex-wife needs to be careful, she's killing a cash cow.

Just take your half and run. Spill all the beans when his career is over.
Old 09-23-2021, 02:07 PM   #182
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
If he did it, it would have been with intermediaries. So it would depend on someone talking.
Kane doesn't really seem like a guy that could cover his tracks very well even if he tried.
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Itse For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2021, 02:08 PM   #183
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 868904 View Post
I know there's a lot of anger there but the ex-wife needs to be careful, she's killing a cash cow.

I think that particular Golden Goose is well and truly cooked.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2021, 02:20 PM   #184
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itse View Post
Kane doesn't really seem like a guy that could cover his tracks very well even if he tried.
Kane wouldn't maybe know how to cover his tracks.

But the guys he's gambling with would have that figured out for sure.
SuperMatt18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 02:44 PM   #185
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
I just think of the thousands and thousands of great / tremendous talented hockey players that have dedicated their lives to play and worked so ####ing hard to get there. And often through timing or chance or luck or whatever you get a chance to be so privileged to play in the NHL. But for the vast majority- sorry, you gone.

And then you have this total piece of dirt holding a job down. How about no. I’m sure there are more than enough kids in the system that can plug holes and they’ll survive without this clown.

What the NHL needs to focus more desperately than anything is getting some of the actual ####ing sport back into it. The game. It’s become WAY too much about money. Going to China is a perfect example.

Guys like Kane don’t deserve to play in the NHL. The NHL needs to be more than about money. It needs to lead by example.
I get what you're saying but we're long past sports being able to overcome money being #1.
but even in the old days of sports before they were all rich, some of the guys playing the game were not the best of people.
I can only imagine the stories never told from back in the days when it was easy to cover things up.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 02:47 PM   #186
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itse View Post
Fair comment. I don't even know how a non-goalie could affect game outcomes, or even point spreads. Especially a guy like Kane who, while a top 6 skater, isn't the go to guy.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2021, 03:00 PM   #187
GhostCookie
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I think that particular Golden Goose is well and truly cooked.
All together now, what's 50% of nothing? The creditors will be on every dime before it makes it to a paycheck. And if he is even half as bad as this whole debacle is painting him as, he's the kind of guy who weasels out of every last dime of child support and alimony.
GhostCookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 03:03 PM   #188
GhostCookie
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Fair comment. I don't even know how a non-goalie could affect game outcomes, or even point spreads. Especially a guy like Kane who, while a top 6 skater, isn't the go to guy.
I would imagine he would be betting not with the sense that he could throw the game (there might be an opportunity to nudge the outcome occasionally, but it would be foolish to think he could reliably do it), but rather he would maybe know more ahead of time on things like who's injured, lineup changes, the goalie's sick, etc.. that I think people would argue makes it improper for him to be betting on games that his team is in.
GhostCookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 03:12 PM   #189
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonBlue View Post
I get what you're saying but we're long past sports being able to overcome money being #1.
but even in the old days of sports before they were all rich, some of the guys playing the game were not the best of people.
I can only imagine the stories never told from back in the days when it was easy to cover things up.
At the end of the day the Sharks may be employing a rapist.

That’s all there is to it. There is little wonder why they uninvited him to camp. I don’t even think they had a choice. I’m actually blown away at the lack of faux cancel culture outrage that permeates many other threads with many very similar topics.

Total condemnation of Jake Virtanen. Evander Kane? Woah woah woah- the Sharks can’t do anything yet NO EVIDENCE! Except, like, under oath allegations?
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr.Coffee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2021, 03:37 PM   #190
Aarongavey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostCookie View Post
All together now, what's 50% of nothing? The creditors will be on every dime before it makes it to a paycheck. And if he is even half as bad as this whole debacle is painting him as, he's the kind of guy who weasels out of every last dime of child support and alimony.
The ex-wife would be a preferred creditor for spousal support and child support, so the other creditors would have to lineup behind her.
Aarongavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 03:42 PM   #191
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarongavey View Post
The ex-wife would be a preferred creditor for spousal support and child support, so the other creditors would have to lineup behind her.
Not sure about their laws (assuming it's there) but she'd be behind secured creditors and some others here. But her debts would survive bankruptcy - they wouldn't even be a claim in it.
Old 09-23-2021, 03:48 PM   #192
Geeoff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Half of what? He's millions in the hole.
Geeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 03:49 PM   #193
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

She can take half his debt.

It was probably a team effort anyways.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 03:51 PM   #194
Knightslayer
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
^^ yeah I think I know what can go in an affidavit, thanks.
Well you made it seem like nobody has ever lied under oath and it's somehow hard evidence.
Knightslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 03:59 PM   #195
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightslayer View Post
Well you made it seem like nobody has ever lied under oath and it's somehow hard evidence.
How did I make it seem that way when I specifically mentioned perjury in my post?

An affidavit is quite often the only evidence in an application like this. She will be examined on it, no doubt. That's how you weed out lies.

What do you consider "hard evidence"?
Old 09-23-2021, 04:12 PM   #196
Goriders
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

That’s what I was going to say. If you aren’t trying to get him charged with anything why ruin his career? Spite?

You’d think her lawyer would have stopped her.
Goriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 04:32 PM   #197
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

So weird to see so many posters jumping to conclusions about Anna, whom we know very little about beyond a few tweets.
powderjunkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 07:31 PM   #198
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm siding with the woman here if anything, personally. Certainly both sides can lie or exaggerate, but in this case the woman has everything to lose and she's talking out about it, to some degree money be damned. Takes away one aspect of a motivation. Besides that, the guy is a narcissist, a dbag, and has addiction issues. There's enough skeletons to take believe her more credible than him.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluejays For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2021, 07:44 PM   #199
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

I dont know why people are obsessed in siding with anyone. This doesn't only apply to this situation, but why? Just sit back and watch, none of us have to have any vested interest or side with anyone, and it's better for the legal system if public opinion doesn't loom over cases.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 07:58 PM   #200
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
I dont know why people are obsessed in siding with anyone. This doesn't only apply to this situation, but why? Just sit back and watch, none of us have to have any vested interest or side with anyone, and it's better for the legal system if public opinion doesn't loom over cases.

Very true, but that same principle can be applied even in sports situations on speculating why a team isn't doing well. Everyone would be just better waiting for the ultimate result and base their opinion based on that, but it just isn't very fun and we wouldn't have much to talk about.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote