Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2021, 02:05 PM   #881
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CofR View Post
Telus
I really really wish Telus Fibre would show up in my area.
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 02:53 PM   #882
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

So what's the deal? Are these games single elimination?
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 03:18 PM   #883
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

For anyone taking the Rose and Crown bus tonight, the pub was only able to get one bus. Get your ticket from Victor, the floor manager. We've had some slight overcrowding the last few games, but hopefully it's not too bad.

I'm driving down so that saves a seat.

shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 03:19 PM   #884
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Any lyrics to pacific specific chants I should know?
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 03:33 PM   #885
Arsenal14
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
So what's the deal? Are these games single elimination?
Yes. I think it's straight to penalties if tied, but I'm not 100% sure of that. Winner moves on to play the winner of York United vs. Toronto FC.
Arsenal14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 04:04 PM   #886
CofR
Olympic Guru

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bumface View Post
I really really wish Telus Fibre would show up in my area.
Andi Petrillo just mentioned during the halftime segment of the CF Montreal-Halifax game for people to notify their cable providers about the desire to add OneSoccer. So maybe with enough feedback other providers will follow
CofR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 05:30 PM   #887
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ballou Tabla scores in the 89th and 92nd minute to give the ol Club Foot a 3-1 win. Did not see that coming...

Old 09-22-2021, 07:06 PM   #888
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Mason isn’t in the squad. Did he get injured? I missed that, and that’s bad news…
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 08:58 PM   #889
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

This ref is terrible. No surprise there, I suppose.
Old 09-22-2021, 09:01 PM   #890
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

From my seat in 109 it sure looked like the Pacific player who got the assist had a fistful of Cavs jersey holding back the defender before he played the pass. No clue how that wasn’t a foul
M*A*S*H 4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 10:03 PM   #891
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hope Toronto wins about 10-0.
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2021, 10:53 PM   #892
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM
First Line Centre

Exp:

A disappointing result. I feel Farsi could have drawn 5-6 penalty kicks this season (from the games I’ve seen this year anyway). Not sure what he has to do to earn one. I don’t recall the exact time, but it was around the 75-80th minute? It was right in front of my seat in 202 and the defender got there pretty late.

Anyway, not sure if this was mentioned before…I never heard it before, but anyone else hear Elijah Adekugbe’s cavalry rap that was playing before the game?

Here’s the link, if anyone wants to check it out or imbed it. I believe it’s also on Spotify.

It’s called “Dream Team” by Elijah

https://youtu.be/hGCIaIgSBhM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlamesFanStrandedInEDM For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2021, 01:21 AM   #893
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

This team is offensively anemic. Changes need to be made before they get back to where they were 2 years ago. The only threat is down the right side with Farsi and that makes it way too easy to focus defensive organization and shut things down.
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bill Bumface For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2021, 06:23 AM   #894
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bumface View Post
This team is offensively anemic. Changes need to be made before they get back to where they were 2 years ago. The only threat is down the right side with Farsi and that makes it way too easy to focus defensive organization and shut things down.
From my amateur view it seems that not only is Farsi the main creator, but everyone else tries to go down the middle whereas everything that could be created is out wide.
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2021, 06:26 AM   #895
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFanStrandedInEDM View Post
A disappointing result. I feel Farsi could have drawn 5-6 penalty kicks this season (from the games I’ve seen this year anyway). Not sure what he has to do to earn one. I don’t recall the exact time, but it was around the 75-80th minute? It was right in front of my seat in 202 and the defender got there pretty late.

Anyway, not sure if this was mentioned before…I never heard it before, but anyone else hear Elijah Adekugbe’s cavalry rap that was playing before the game?

Here’s the link, if anyone wants to check it out or imbed it. I believe it’s also on Spotify.

It’s called “Dream Team” by Elijah

https://youtu.be/hGCIaIgSBhM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In the second half, I thought the most egregious was when the defender cleaned out Novak from under the cross. No attempt to play the ball and he just ran through him as the ball comes in. No idea how that could go uncalled.
Old 09-23-2021, 07:13 AM   #896
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

That was probably the worst game I have ever seen Cavalry play live. Just poor play up and down the pitch. I wasn't expecting much from this game, and unfortunately it played out as I expected. Games like last night are a good reminder of where this club sits, they're in the mix but I just don't see them as a contender.

The Pacific goal was a nice finish off a poor clearance from Trafford. Offensively they were anemic, indecisive on the ball and looking for the perfect shot. Couldn't see who had that headed clearance off the line, that got the biggest reaction live.

Ledgerwood played a good game, you can see his IQ is much higher than the other players at this level when you watch live. The runs he was making into space that were rarely found were superb. As for the poor, I'll focus on Hernandez. Every offensive play down the left died on his boot. And the fact that Luca was nailed to the bench shows how disappointing a signing he has been.

I have heard rumblings Mason is out with a fairly significant injury, so I hope that's not true.

Crowd was decent and lively to start, but Cavalry didn't give us much reason to support them all night.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2021, 08:37 AM   #897
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
From my amateur view it seems that not only is Farsi the main creator, but everyone else tries to go down the middle whereas everything that could be created is out wide.
We're way too dependent on the right side. And unfortunately when Farsi is putting crosses and balls into the box anywhere except where the runners are then not much is going to happen for chances. This isn't only a Farsi issue as the whole team seems incapable of playing a killer ball. I'm not sure Mason playing last night fixes a whole lot considering the lack of service

We need someone to step up and make the left side their own. Escalante was really poor but it's kind of understandable given how much he's had to play this season with the fullback injuries.

I'm a little more optimistic than some. Cavs controlled the tempo of the match and Ledgerwood and Simmons did a solid job transitioning from defence to attack. Cavs never let Pacific get into a possession rhythm. The final third is the problem, in contrast Pacific's chances just felt more dangerous than anything Cavalry could generate apart from a couple Camargo moments.

Crowd was loud, we couldn't hear the anthem start playing because it was so loud. I want another shot at Pacific in the playoffs, we need some redemption for all these home losses in knockout games
M*A*S*H 4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to M*A*S*H 4077 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2021, 09:20 AM   #898
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Rob Gale has been fired. Phil dos Santos steps in. Needed to happen, Gale is terrible.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1441054879087222789

Old 09-23-2021, 09:31 AM   #899
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
That was probably the worst game I have ever seen Cavalry play live. Just poor play up and down the pitch. I wasn't expecting much from this game, and unfortunately it played out as I expected. Games like last night are a good reminder of where this club sits, they're in the mix but I just don't see them as a contender.

The Pacific goal was a nice finish off a poor clearance from Trafford. Offensively they were anemic, indecisive on the ball and looking for the perfect shot. Couldn't see who had that headed clearance off the line, that got the biggest reaction live.

Ledgerwood played a good game, you can see his IQ is much higher than the other players at this level when you watch live. The runs he was making into space that were rarely found were superb. As for the poor, I'll focus on Hernandez. Every offensive play down the left died on his boot. And the fact that Luca was nailed to the bench shows how disappointing a signing he has been.

I have heard rumblings Mason is out with a fairly significant injury, so I hope that's not true.

Crowd was decent and lively to start, but Cavalry didn't give us much reason to support them all night.
He's been terrible. I think that the game against Edmonton (?) last month he had a number of great chances and just couldn't hit the net. Honestly, he's probably a super great guy, but he's just not good enough.
Old 09-23-2021, 09:51 AM   #900
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CofR View Post
Is that saying free preview until Jan 2022 or starting Jan 2022.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cavalry fc , cpl , eff the forge , fc edmonton is no good