Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2021, 03:49 PM   #321
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Here's a different skeptical viewpoint:

It might have been posted before but it's the first time I've seen it.
DownInFlames is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2021, 04:05 PM   #322
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
Come on photon, that's quite the display of arrogance. You don't conclude "anything," "without proof," but have that audacity to dismiss the experience of the individuals involved in the events AND the evidence submitted in support of them, because you don't like their evidence.
I don't dismiss their experiences, I've had similar experiences. I dismiss their claims that it's evidence of phenomenon beyond our knowledge or capability.

The default state of ALL claims is false until they've been demonstrated otherwise. That's how science works. No one gets special treatment because they're an 'expert'.

I'm not saying to not investigate further, I've said many times that there needs to be more data.

The rest of your post about groups and motivations, your attacks against people, are ultimately irrelevant, the only thing that matters is what can be demonstrated.
Old 05-09-2021, 04:09 PM   #323
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl262 View Post
Here is your conclusion unless you've changed your mind.
Exactly, if I find a hoof print it's either a horse, a zebra, or a unicorn.

I'll go with horse until it's proven otherwise because the evidence doesn't support the unicorn hypothesis.

And by support I mean exclusively support, that's what evidence would be, the evidence would have to support one hypothesis and not another.

If further evidence comes out then I am fully willing to change my mind.
Old 05-09-2021, 06:52 PM   #324
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Last edited by Dion; 05-09-2021 at 06:54 PM.
Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 07:12 PM   #325
Jiggy_12
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don’t have much of a horse in this race, but I try to digest as much information as I can and I really enjoy following along.

Gone down quite few rabbit holes on Reddit over the course of the past couple years and it’s a pretty fun distraction.

For anyone just getting interested in the topic, or for anyone who wants to filter through a lot of the BS out there (and there is lots) I would recommend checking out the documentary “The Phenomenon”.

It brings some credibility in to the fold.

The Ariel school sighting (which this touches on) is one of the most compelling accounts of UAP/UFO encounters.
Jiggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jiggy_12 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2021, 09:59 PM   #326
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

I've been reading and studying up on the UFO phenomina for over 40 years, and yeah i'm effing old. All the anecdotal evidence has me convinced that UFO's do exist and that we are being visited by beings from another world.

I often think of Roswell and all the different explanations over the years. Or the sightings that occur over military bases such as (Rendlesham) and numerous nuclear sites. Then there's Area 51 and all the stories of crashed alien craft and the technology from it being used in the world today.

You then have credible witnesses over the years that testify to what they saw. Doesn't mean it's automaticly a UFO but it gives the sigthing some cedibility.

I've watched many documentaries over the years and read countless books on the subject. To be clear none of them are the proof we are looking for but they do give a person pause for thought.

It would be awesome if we could find the truth but I doubt it ever comes out in my lifetime.
Old 05-09-2021, 10:03 PM   #327
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post

It would be awesome if we could find the truth but I doubt it ever comes out in my lifetime.
Wait until you learn about all the truths about our universe after you take the VR helmet off
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 10:06 PM   #328
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/thephenomenon
Old 05-09-2021, 10:08 PM   #329
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
Wait until you learn about all the truths about our universe after you take the VR helmet off
I hoping they abduct Jason Kenny and Justin Trudeau
Old 05-10-2021, 08:37 AM   #330
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
I hoping they abduct Jason Kenny and Justin Trudeau
It would be foolhardy to think some of these politicians have any actual human qualities about them.

Case in point:

TED CRUZ FOR HUMAN PRESIDENT
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 09:51 AM   #331
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

This times a thousand. The guy is an obvious hack if you listen to him and know anything about physics.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 11:13 AM   #332
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
This times a thousand. The guy is an obvious hack if you listen to him and know anything about physics.
Just curious. What's your expertise in physics?
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 11:21 AM   #333
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
Just curious. What's your expertise in physics?
Amateur at best, I took 1 semester of engineering courses in university before switching, and maintain only a casual interest and understanding of advanced physics.

Even with amateur level understanding this guy sounds like a quack.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 12:22 PM   #334
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Or he sounds like a guy dumbing it down to his audience? Nothing worse that giving an explanation of something and then having to explain it a second time because you've just gone over the head of your audience. I'm continually reminded to dumb down my presentations and make them accessible to the majority of the audience who has no understanding of the technical details in depth. I'm sure after years of these type of interviews he knows to make it accessible. Damned if you do, damned if you don't, because the guys who have one semester in your field of study are going to claim you're fraud because you didn't talk over their heads.
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2021, 01:46 PM   #335
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
Nothing West says requires him to be a fighter pilot. Did you watch the video?

Of course there is something to respond to. Fravor called West stupid and he felt a need to show that he knows what he's talking about. West could be wrong, but he's just putting out a hypothesis, and he'd be happy to be proven so if the evidence existed.

I'm not. Unidentified Flying Objects could be anything, including a balloon. Fravor is conflating his training to identify a known aircraft with an ability to identify an unknown airborne object. Perspective, parallax, and any other optical illusion can make you unable to understand what you're seeing.
His very first rebuttal is questioning his training as an "observer", something which he has no knowledge of obviously. 17 years flying and training and you want to question his ability to determine size when he clearly explains how he does it? I stopped at that point, I'm all for questioning facts but find some real holes to go after.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raekwon For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2021, 02:23 PM   #336
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought Mick West raised some pretty reasonable questions, but I don't think he says anything that "debunks" anything. But some of the questions and theories he brings up are legitimate alternate things to think about.

I hate his style though. He presents his opinions as fact and comes across as a know it all.
Old 05-10-2021, 02:47 PM   #337
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
His very first rebuttal is questioning his training as an "observer", something which he has no knowledge of obviously. 17 years flying and training and you want to question his ability to determine size when he clearly explains how he does it? I stopped at that point, I'm all for questioning facts but find some real holes to go after.
He clearly explained nothing except his ability to identify an object he already has knowledge of. Show me where he mentioned gauging the size and speed of an unknown object.
Old 05-10-2021, 04:00 PM   #338
VladtheImpaler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
He clearly explained nothing except his ability to identify an object he already has knowledge of. Show me where he mentioned gauging the size and speed of an unknown object.
Like, the whole essence of fighter pilot training is identifying objects, their size, their trajectory, their speed, their altitude, and intercepting them. I doubt there are more than a handful of people in the world better at that than Fravor at the time. How is that not obvious????

Please check out http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...94#post3726494

VladtheImpaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 04:28 PM   #339
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladtheImpaler View Post
Like, the whole essence of fighter pilot training is identifying objects, their size, their trajectory, their speed, their altitude, and intercepting them. I doubt there are more than a handful of people in the world better at that than Fravor at the time. How is that not obvious????
If it's so obvious it's should easily be provable. C'mon, counselor.
Old 05-10-2021, 06:07 PM   #340
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm like, halfway through this Rogan Lazar thing, and I gotta say, it's pretty unconvincing. It doesn't help that super slick sales guy slides in all the time to grease it up.

A big standout was his gravitational waves claim, which is just baffling. He's claiming he predicted gravity as a wave, but that's not even true now. Gravitational waves are real, and predicted by Einstein, so I'm not sure what he is laying claim to. The base gravitational force still has no known source, unlike every other force. So claiming gravity is a wave(not a particle) is quizzical. It's almost like he doesn't know what he's talking about...
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote