Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-07-2021, 11:47 AM   #3041
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chedder View Post
The buff seems to be the go to choice for the closet anti masker that doesn't want to go full monty.
Probably generally true, but Buff does make a version with filter inserts that looks basically the same as a regular Buff.
Old 05-07-2021, 12:58 PM   #3042
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerjones View Post
I thought I read that only the newest version has this feature enabled. Older models have the capability but the feature isn't enabled for some reason.

As a diabetic, it was cool to note they think the same sensor that read o2 can also potentially read blood glucose

https://9to5mac.com/2021/01/25/apple...r-measurement/
I'd be really interested in how accurate these infrared sensors could be. Preliminary study showed an 8.6% error but it doesn't really help us with real world use. Is that the average reading is off by 8.6% or that it's wrong 8.6% of the time? Also, is it more wrong near 4.0 mmol/L or more wrong near 20 mmol/L? For a type 1 diabetic, those answers would make or break it's usefulness
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Street Pharmacist For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2021, 02:00 PM   #3043
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Am I alone in thinking that some of these new restrictions which are being implemented across the country are utterly ridiculous? In particular, Nova Scotia is now closing their border to people who are moving to the province. So if anyone has recently planned to move to NS they could essentially be homeless because NS won't allow them into the province.
The Following User Says Thank You to calgarygeologist For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2021, 02:16 PM   #3044
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
Am I alone in thinking that some of these new restrictions which are being implemented across the country are utterly ridiculous? In particular, Nova Scotia is now closing their border to people who are moving to the province. So if anyone has recently planned to move to NS they could essentially be homeless because NS won't allow them into the province.
It sounds strict, yes.

But I am finding it more ridiculous that every time a health network is about to burst at the seams, people take the time to pick apart a restriction that doesn’t even impact them. They are trying to manage/avoid disaster. The question should be “how’d they let it get this far!?”
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2021, 02:51 PM   #3045
Lubicon
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
No, some of them seem rather extreme, and maybe a overreaction. And likely serve no purpose other than to give the optics they are 'doing something'. Nova Scotia and Atlantic Canada have always had amongst the most restrictive conditions from day one. Closing them to people who are moving is beyond ridiculous. Also noticed they just opened up vaccinations to ages 40 and up. That seems to put them further behind that other provinces (??), maybe they should step up on the front.
Old 05-07-2021, 03:14 PM   #3046
Cappy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I don't think I have seen this posted anywhere. I think its an interesting topic of discussion about the general sentiments of the opposing view points in this Province/country.

I would say the artist handled it quite well. She certainly doesn't come across as an anti-vaxxer or anti-lockdown that we ascribe to some segments of the population. She essentially expressed her view through opinion and art which isn't out of line with what has existed at the site before. However, it does sound like the offending issue was not on the orginal plan submitted to the Park owner so I can see why they would remove due to backlash

https://calgaryherald.com/entertainm...-containr-park
Old 05-07-2021, 04:31 PM   #3047
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Probably generally true, but Buff does make a version with filter inserts that looks basically the same as a regular Buff.
Sorry, what?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Buff For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2021, 04:36 PM   #3048
vegasbound
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Booked at COVID test at 7:30 am this morning for 12:30pm and got the results at 4:15 via rapid test. Kinda impressed by that. WAY better than my mom, two weeks ago, who had to wait 4 days just to book the test, and then 18+ hours to get a result.
Old 05-07-2021, 05:19 PM   #3049
belsarius
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
It's not ridiculous, its how to handle a health emergency.

Ridiculous is having a case rate over double the country's average and the best we can do is banning people from getting haircuts.
The @NHLFlames are the first team to feature four players each with 50+ points within their first 45 games of a season since the Penguins in 1995-96 (Ron Francis, Mario Lemieux, Jaromir Jagr, Tomas Sandstrom).
Old 05-07-2021, 05:42 PM   #3050
djsFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterpants View Post
That would be amazing. Then you slip into the bacta tank for a few hours and come out good as new.

Need a bacta tank in my home for daily GAF removal.
Old 05-08-2021, 10:30 AM   #3051
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by belsarius View Post
It's not ridiculous, its how to handle a health emergency.

Ridiculous is having a case rate over double the country's average and the best we can do is banning people from getting haircuts.
Alberta is following its plan of not overwhelming hospitals. They were two weeks late again with restrictions but the level of restrictions is likely appropriate for the goal of the program.

Nova Scotia is likely over reacting right now and targeting areas that are not large sources of spread as they continue to try their Covid 0 approach in a triage environment. Their list of people excerpted from the travel ban easily exceeds the numbers of people that would be moving there.

Cases from outside Nova Scotia don’t matter when your case rate is 119/100k and have an rT of 1.56.

In two weeks cases are going to crash managing to that point in time is prudent.

Last edited by GGG; 05-08-2021 at 10:35 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2021, 11:08 AM   #3052
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
Alberta is following its plan of not overwhelming hospitals. They were two weeks late again with restrictions but the level of restrictions is likely appropriate for the goal of the program.

Nova Scotia is likely over reacting right now and targeting areas that are not large sources of spread as they continue to try their Covid 0 approach in a triage environment. Their list of people excerpted from the travel ban easily exceeds the numbers of people that would be moving there.

Cases from outside Nova Scotia donít matter when your case rate is 119/100k and have an rT of 1.56.

In two weeks cases are going to crash managing to that point in time is prudent.
Apparently their population has been booming as of late so it probably has a lot to do with managing that at the same time.
Old 05-08-2021, 01:27 PM   #3053
Knut

Exp:

Great news here.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1391096624059883522

It basically means once we get numbers down enough and people vaccinated enough we can take off the masks.
Old 05-08-2021, 01:36 PM   #3054
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don’t think I’ll ever go on public transit again without a mask.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to malcolmk14 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2021, 04:42 PM   #3055
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

For anyone that's been tested lately, what has the general turn around time been for a result via text? Still in that 24 hour range?
Old 05-08-2021, 05:35 PM   #3056
vegasbound
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
For anyone that's been tested lately, what has the general turn around time been for a result via text? Still in that 24 hour range?

3 hours on the rapid and exactly 12 hours for the actual results. Got tested at 1:30 yesterday afternoon, got a text at 1:45 am this morning.
The Following User Says Thank You to vegasbound For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2021, 06:40 PM   #3057
stazzy33
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah, I was tested 2:30 pm on a Wednesday, got my results back at 6:00 pm on the Thursday. The result shows up faster on the myhealth website than it does via text.
The Following User Says Thank You to stazzy33 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2021, 07:33 PM   #3058
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stazzy33 View Post
Yeah, I was tested 2:30 pm on a Wednesday, got my results back at 6:00 pm on the Thursday. The result shows up faster on the myhealth website than it does via text.
Thanks. Never used my health before. So it will show up under My personal records when it's available?
Old 05-08-2021, 08:24 PM   #3059
stazzy33
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Thanks. Never used my health before. So it will show up under My personal records when it's available?
Yes it should. Hopefully you've registered before, otherwise you have to wait for a code to show up in the mail to verify your identity.
Old 05-08-2021, 08:33 PM   #3060
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stazzy33 View Post
Yes it should. Hopefully you've registered before, otherwise you have to wait for a code to show up in the mail to verify your identity.
That's where I'm at, however it seems to indicate you can still see records show up before you're verified.
Closed Thread