The Following User Says Thank You to Since1984 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2021, 01:49 PM   #3783
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
I love watching this guy break games.

His 'Unethical Zoo' in Planet Zoo was hilarious.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 12:00 PM   #3784
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Y’all should check out the Knockout City beta this weekend — lots of fun and surprising amount of depth and mechanics.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 10:09 AM   #3785
Meelapo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Has anyone been playing Outriders (PS4/5, XBox One/Series, PC/Steam)? Holy fudge is it ever amazing! If you like games where you shoot things and get loot then this is a great game. It's like Destiny and The Division but you're encouraged to do less over shooting and more "go in a give them hell" like you'd do in Doom.

The game is available on Game Pass if you have that so check it out.

FYI...there have been server issues with logging in and disconnects but I was able to play without issue yesterday.
Meelapo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Meelapo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2021, 10:51 AM   #3786
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelapo View Post
Has anyone been playing Outriders (PS4/5, XBox One/Series, PC/Steam)? Holy fudge is it ever amazing! If you like games where you shoot things and get loot then this is a great game. It's like Destiny and The Division but you're encouraged to do less over shooting and more "go in a give them hell" like you'd do in Doom.

The game is available on Game Pass if you have that so check it out.

FYI...there have been server issues with logging in and disconnects but I was able to play without issue yesterday.
The devs of Outriders may have found that sweet spot for looter shooters with RPG elements. The class tree and crafting systems are top notch and gives you so much freedom for builds. Really enjoying the game, especially since I didn't have to shell out $70 to play. GP FTW!

Last edited by Since1984; 04-05-2021 at 10:54 AM.
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 02:23 PM   #3787
sfpipes
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1984 View Post
https://twitter.com/user/status/1377969349634314245

MLB The Show 21 on Gamepass day 1.

Thanks for the heads up. I had ordered this for my PS5. But now I can cancel that and just play on Gamepass instead. That's a nice perk.
sfpipes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sfpipes For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2021, 05:08 AM   #3788
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

NBA 2K21 is on gamepass. What a fun game. Bunch of reviews said that while the gameplay is great, it's simply a cooker cutter game with some small updates and new roster so got a bit of hate. But I haven't played any iteration since 2K13 so it's all new for me and I'm loving it. Some pretty sweet graphics, animations and presentation alongside some pretty fun and deep game play. Mycareer mode is pretty fun. I sucked pretty bad at the start (still do some games) but I can feel guy slowly improving each game. This is one of those sports game that I find the defense as fun as the offence once you figure it out.

Sports games in general stopped appealing to me a while ago ever since EA become the monopoly overlord but 2K IMO did a great job with this one. It's a nice change from all the shooting/murdering games I've been playing recently so I'll be sticking with this one for a while.

Last edited by Huntingwhale; 04-07-2021 at 05:10 AM.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 06:54 AM   #3789
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've been really enjoying Disco Elysium on the PS5. Unfortunately the port isn't as polished as it should be given this isn't a game that's pushing the hardware but the little bugs aren't enough to distract from what's a very unique and addictive RPG.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 08:21 AM   #3790
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I've been really enjoying Disco Elysium on the PS5. Unfortunately the port isn't as polished as it should be given this isn't a game that's pushing the hardware but the little bugs aren't enough to distract from what's a very unique and addictive RPG.
I want to play that again now that the Final Cut has been released. It’s supposed to improve an already great game.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 09:50 AM   #3791
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've been spending some time in Marvel's Avengers over the last few days - and I'm really enjoying it. I imagine the live-service aspects are as garbage as people claim, but the campaign has been fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I'm going to dive into this next.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 10:04 AM   #3792
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
I've been spending some time in Marvel's Avengers over the last few days - and I'm really enjoying it. I imagine the live-service aspects are as garbage as people claim, but the campaign has been fun.
The campaign was always fun, great story and feels like you are playing an Avengers movie.

But yes the live-service stuff has been mediocre at best.
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 01:19 PM   #3793
Esoteric
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfpipes View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I had ordered this for my PS5. But now I can cancel that and just play on Gamepass instead. That's a nice perk.
I ended up keeping my PS5 pre-order for the game, as I'll definitely play it for over 200 hours, and like the haptic feedback on the PS5 controller more than the XSX Controllers.

Hell of a deal though for GamePass. I'm glad cross progression is a thing, so I can play it on both (hopefully stream to phone for my lunch breaks at work ).
Esoteric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 02:25 PM   #3794
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
NBA 2K21 is on gamepass. What a fun game. Bunch of reviews said that while the gameplay is great, it's simply a cooker cutter game with some small updates and new roster so got a bit of hate. But I haven't played any iteration since 2K13 so it's all new for me and I'm loving it. Some pretty sweet graphics, animations and presentation alongside some pretty fun and deep game play. Mycareer mode is pretty fun. I sucked pretty bad at the start (still do some games) but I can feel guy slowly improving each game. This is one of those sports game that I find the defense as fun as the offence once you figure it out.

Sports games in general stopped appealing to me a while ago ever since EA become the monopoly overlord but 2K IMO did a great job with this one. It's a nice change from all the shooting/murdering games I've been playing recently so I'll be sticking with this one for a while.
2K is even worse than EA for cooking the same game over and over, but with 2K you can a massive pile of microtransactions as well.

But the games are still fun, especially if you haven't played since 13
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 02:31 PM   #3795
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esoteric View Post
I ended up keeping my PS5 pre-order for the game, as I'll definitely play it for over 200 hours, and like the haptic feedback on the PS5 controller more than the XSX Controllers.

Hell of a deal though for GamePass. I'm glad cross progression is a thing, so I can play it on both (hopefully stream to phone for my lunch breaks at work ).
This is my thing too.

I'll probably start on Gamepass since it's free but feel like I will want to try to haptic and dualsense features at some point once it goes on sale.
SuperMatt18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 10:33 AM   #3796
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

So there's talk that there's going to be a remake of The Last of Us. I think it's far too soon to go down that road but I guess with the show they want to cash in.

Also, a Days Gone 2 pitch was apparently rejected.

https://www.ign.com/articles/the-las...pitch-rejected
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 10:39 AM   #3797
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

What exactly would be the purpose of remaking a game that will be (let's say) around 10 years old when the remake comes out?
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2021, 11:30 AM   #3798
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Also, any gameplay improvements wouldn't really require a re-make. Seems like a clear candidate for a 2nd re-master, even if you went the extra yard and stripped it right back to the original stop motion and re-did it that way. They don't need to bring in new actors or re-do any of the cutscenes.

Making The Last of Us Part III: Sorry About Last Time will take enough energy as it is. They should probably get going with that.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 11:42 AM   #3799
sketchyt
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
What exactly would be the purpose of remaking a game that will be (let's say) around 10 years old when the remake comes out?
sketchyt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sketchyt For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2021, 12:16 PM   #3800
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

One thing I wonder is if they would change Joel and Ellie's appearance to look more like the actors. I don't like it but after what happened with Spider-Man and making Peter look more like Tom Holland in the remastered version I wouldn't be surprised.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote