Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2021, 04:16 PM   #10221
jg13
Franchise Player

Exp:

Philly is just one point out of a playoff spot. I don't think they'd make a huge trade for Eichel who isnt expected to play for the rest of the year.

I think they're looking for a hockey deal which is why I think the Flames could be involved here. Both teams trying to remain competitive while shaking things up.
Old 03-30-2021, 04:26 PM   #10222
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg13 View Post
Philly is just one point out of a playoff spot. I don't think they'd make a huge trade for Eichel who isnt expected to play for the rest of the year.

I think they're looking for a hockey deal which is why I think the Flames could be involved here. Both teams trying to remain competitive while shaking things up.
I definitely think you are on to something there. Fletcher recently said he doesn’t like the mix of his team and I think he is looking to shake things up. Flames are in the same place.

Gaudreau+Monahan+Bennett+Rittich
For
Konecny+JVR+Patrick/Frost+Elliott

Flyers add 3.6M in cap but Bennett and Rittich are pending free agents.

I am way off on this I am sure but looking at 2 teams that need to make a blockbuster.
Old 03-30-2021, 04:35 PM   #10223
alan21
Don't click that link!

Exp:

lol my favorite part is the second round of Brian Elliott.
The Following User Says Thank You to alan21 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2021, 04:40 PM   #10224
Tkachukwagon
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1377025091817648131

Insider trading. Flyers looking for a goalie, Bernier was specifically mentioned. Ekbald replacement, Zito not looking to give up picks or prospects (ha, okay), may consider Ghost as a waiver claim
Old 03-30-2021, 04:41 PM   #10225
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg13 View Post

They are one point out like the Flames are two points out
Old 03-30-2021, 04:43 PM   #10226
442scotty
First Line Centre

Exp:

I’ll be shocked if Gaudreau doesn’t get traded to Philly this week tbh
Old 03-30-2021, 04:49 PM   #10227
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkachukwagon View Post
https://twitter.com/user/status/1377025091817648131

Insider trading. Flyers looking for a goalie, Bernier was specifically mentioned. Ekbald replacement, Zito not looking to give up picks or prospects (ha, okay), may consider Ghost as a waiver claim
I'd probably look at trading Markstrom to Philly if they are really interested in a goalie.

The Flames won't be competing during the length of his contract. May as well get rid of it before you can't.
Old 03-30-2021, 04:55 PM   #10228
Hey Connor, It's Mess
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
I'd probably look at trading Markstrom to Philly if they are really interested in a goalie.

The Flames won't be competing during the length of his contract. May as well get rid of it before you can't.
I feel like you're being facetious. But trading away your big free agent signing halfway through his first season is all but guaranteeing you'll never attract another one again anytime soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hey Connor, It's Mess For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2021, 04:57 PM   #10229
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Connor, It's Mess View Post
I feel like you're being facetious. But trading away your big free agent signing halfway through his first season is all but guaranteeing you'll never attract another one again anytime soon.
I mean, we're more than halfway through the season and things have kind of changed significantly since he was signed. We traded Neal after one season and we were still able to sign Markstrom a couple off-seasons later.

He has a NTC anyway. He has control. I would see if he's interested, because he's not winning anything in Calgary.
Old 03-30-2021, 05:07 PM   #10230
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Gaudreau, Rittich ($9.5) and a 2nd to Philly for Konecny, Gostisbehere ($10M), Frost (LTIR), and Foerster.

Philly gets a star forward for the cost of just over Gostisbehere. Calgary gets pieces for now and the future and takes the Flyers' salary dump that then turns into a replacement on the blueline allowing the Flames to move Giordano.

Monahan and Giordano (50% retained) to Florida for Lundell and Tippett.

Nice number of assets returned and leaves the Flames with some budget to play with next year.
Old 03-30-2021, 05:09 PM   #10231
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
I mean, we're more than halfway through the season and things have kind of changed significantly since he was signed. We traded Neal after one season and we were still able to sign Markstrom a couple off-seasons later.

He has a NTC anyway. He has control. I would see if he's interested, because he's not winning anything in Calgary.
Its not even half way through a normal season

doubt the Flames are conceding the next 5 seasons
Old 03-30-2021, 05:12 PM   #10232
genetic_phreek
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
Gaudreau, Rittich ($9.5) and a 2nd to Philly for Konecny, Gostisbehere ($10M), Frost (LTIR), and Foerster.

Philly gets a star forward for the cost of just over Gostisbehere. Calgary gets pieces for now and the future and takes the Flyers' salary dump that then turns into a replacement on the blueline allowing the Flames to move Giordano.

Nice number of assets returned and leaves the Flames with some budget to play with next year.
Now we're talking.
Old 03-30-2021, 05:17 PM   #10233
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Sign me up.
Old 03-30-2021, 05:22 PM   #10234
genetic_phreek
First Line Centre

Exp:

Even furthermore to New Era's trade, I'm still obsessed with the idea of Eichel.

Tkachuk+Backlund+1st to Buffalo for Eichel

Mangiapane-Eichel-Konecny
Dube-Lindholm-Tippet
Lucic-Bennett-Phillips
UFA-Gawdin-Ruzicka

Hanifin-Andersson
Valimaki-Tanev
Mackey-Ghost

Last edited by genetic_phreek; 03-30-2021 at 05:32 PM.
Old 03-30-2021, 05:22 PM   #10235
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

If Monahan is as injured as the guys on the Fan960 are speculating, I imagine it'd be tough to trade him in-season...although a deal that returns Lundell for Monahan has me all in on it.
Old 03-30-2021, 05:54 PM   #10236
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I like both of these deals a lot. I would still take that Flyers deal without Foerster to be honest.

I feel like the Panthers deal is a little more unrealistic but I love it
Old 03-30-2021, 06:27 PM   #10237
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 442scotty View Post
I’ll be shocked if Gaudreau doesn’t get traded to Philly this week tbh
Really? I wouldn’t. I think virtually all the smoke around the Gaudreau to Philly rumours have come from Flames fans assuming that’s where he wants to eventually play because he’s close with his family.

I don’t doubt he would like playing there but no credible insider has ever reported Philly being interested in him. Are we even sure the Flyers really want Gaudreau?

Personally if we’re trading Gaudreau I think you could get a better package from another team. I really don’t get the obsession with trading him to Philly.
Old 03-30-2021, 06:34 PM   #10238
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ghost on waivers
Old 03-30-2021, 06:34 PM   #10239
Mathgod
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Good trades but I'm not convinced Philly and Florida would agree to them.
Old 03-30-2021, 06:36 PM   #10240
scotty2hotty
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolcalgary View Post
Ghost on waivers
Does clearing make him more ‘trade attractive’?