Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum

Old 01-27-2021, 04:23 AM   #101
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanIn80 View Post
He’s got 4G and 2A in 5GP. Wtf more do you want him to do? Jesus Christ.
It's not consistent tho and when the play gets physical he just dumps it in . He's not able to play a physical game which is why he is inconsistent. It's nice he has 6 points in 5 games but he hasn't sustained that pace in years. Maybe he does this year but this is one ####ed up year yet again that may cause another outlier . I would like a more physical top line. This team plays a ton of dump and chase for the past decade. It would just be nice to have more high end players that can do that. Like I said Johnny hears skates and it's a useless throw away into the corner ot deep 8n the corner no chance shot .

Iggy once told Conroy " you dump it in you go get it this isn't the fourth line anymore" maybe the Monahan and whoever's on that line get better zone time if they are not always having to do the hard lifting. It's probably the reason Lidholm has looked stronger this year becas6 years past him and Monahan have had to do all the heavy lifting to feed Johnny because he can't even board battle. Johnny had 2 goals to night but he was wide open no preassure near him. I'd rather trade him and a sweetener for a skilled bigger player so Monahan could be more of a trigger man than puck retriever.

Last edited by combustiblefuel; 01-27-2021 at 04:30 AM.
combustiblefuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 09:56 AM   #102
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
Tkachuk's emotion after the game ended didn't really help though, did it?

Monahan and Gaudreau combined for 2 goals. Tkachuk was a no-show following a media controversy yet again.
Though they didn't get on the board, the Mangiapane-Lindholm-Tkachuk line was fire after the 1st period. I thought Tkachuk played well.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 10:09 AM   #103
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by combustiblefuel View Post
It's not consistent tho and when the play gets physical he just dumps it in . He's not able to play a physical game which is why he is inconsistent. It's nice he has 6 points in 5 games but he hasn't sustained that pace in years...
He literally did even better than that two seasons ago.

Anyhow, I had my suspicions the moment this thread was launched that it would be nothing more than a safe space for trolls. I will give it a few more days, but unless this one starts making a tangible contribution, I am locking it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 11:36 AM   #104
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
Though they didn't get on the board, the Mangiapane-Lindholm-Tkachuk line was fire after the 1st period. I thought Tkachuk played well.
Were they? I honestly didn't notice Tkachuk outside of that close in deflection and rebound in the 2nd. I only remember noticing Mangiapane when he turned the puck over or missed the empty net on the nice setup by Rasmus.

I just checked the NHL play by play sheet and it says after Tkachuk's tip in the 2nd, his only event was a giveaway in the 3rd and the Muzzin penalty after the game ended.

Likewise the only events for Lindholm in the 3rd were faceoffs, no shots (even attempted)/hits/blocks/takeaways, etc. Mangiapane had that missed shot I mentioned.

The 2nd period was great by the team overall, but the 3rd was very flat by virtually everyone but especially the Tkachuk line.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2021, 11:38 AM   #105
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
Were they? I honestly didn't notice Tkachuk outside of that close in deflection and rebound in the 2nd. I only remember noticing Mangiapane when he turned the puck over or missed the empty net on the nice setup by Rasmus.

I just checked the NHL play by play sheet and it says after Tkachuk's tip in the 2nd, his only event was a giveaway in the 3rd and the Muzzin penalty after the game ended.

Likewise the only events for Lindholm in the 3rd were faceoffs, no shots (even attempted)/hits/blocks/takeaways, etc. Mangiapane had that missed shot I mentioned.

The 2nd period was great by the team overall, but the 3rd was very flat by virtually everyone but especially the Tkachuk line.
I don't have the stats handy, but didn't they out chance the Matthews line like 12-3 or something while playing head to head?
bax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 11:42 AM   #106
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bax View Post
I don't have the stats handy, but didn't they out chance the Matthews line like 12-3 or something while playing head to head?
No idea, if they did it was all in the 2nd period other than Mangiapane's miss.

We only had 7 shots in the 3rd, and 4 of them came from defencemen, plus Backlund, Bennett, and Gaudreau's PPG.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 11:45 AM   #107
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

I guess with respect to context - being the team only showed up for 2/3 the game - outperforming your teammates for half of that is good.

Maybe I'm just grasping at straws, but I didn't feel that was a typical Tkachuk post-controversy retreat. That shift in the 2nd period seemed like a real spark for the team.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 12:08 PM   #108
blender
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
He literally did even better than that two seasons ago.

Anyhow, I had my suspicions the moment this thread was launched that it would be nothing more than a safe space for trolls. I will give it a few more days, but unless this one starts making a tangible contribution, I am locking it up.
Do what you feel you need to do (for the record, the moderation on this site is fine as far as I'm concerned), but all I see in this thread is the same posters talking about the same things as always. It is basically indistinguishable from any of the top 3-4 threads at any given time.
blender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 12:49 PM   #109
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blender View Post
Do what you feel you need to do (for the record, the moderation on this site is fine as far as I'm concerned), but all I see in this thread is the same posters talking about the same things as always. It is basically indistinguishable from any of the top 3-4 threads at any given time.
A lot of the content here is fine, but as you also point out probably redundant. It was started by a fan of a rival team immediately after he openly wondered if he should start a thread to keep track of all of the infractions committed by Matthew Tkachuk, and then bumped this AM for the purpose to gloat about a Maple Leafs win the night before.

Like I said, we will see where this goes, but if this is a thread whose primary purpose is to troll the Flames fanbase, then I see no reason to keep it open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2021, 01:03 PM   #110
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

So Tkachuk has triggered feuds with the Oilers, Jets and Leafs. We have the ex-Canuck rivalry. Will the Flames begin a feud with the Sens and Habs?

I wonder if Calgary will be the most hated team in Canada by the end of the year?
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vinny01 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2021, 01:05 PM   #111
sec304
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
So Tkachuk has triggered feuds with the Oilers, Jets and Leafs. We have the ex-Canuck rivalry. Will the Flames begin a feud with the Sens and Habs?

I wonder if Calgary will be the most hated team in Canada by the end of the year?
We have Tkachuk vs. Tkachuk rivalry with Ottawa already. So really he just needs to make a name with Habs fans and we're all set
sec304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 01:15 PM   #112
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Tkachuk vs. Perry ought to provide fans and media alike with plenty of stories for the matchups between those two teams the rest of the year.
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 01:47 PM   #113
PegCityFlamesFan
First Line Centre

Exp:

I had to do a double check is this a Monahan thread I clicked on? A Gaudreau thread? Checked and it was a North Division thread but I guess only by name until I found Leaf fans getting excited about wins in January... exactly what I love to read.
Old 01-27-2021, 07:44 PM   #114
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Chabot has really taken a step back so far this season.
savemedrzaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 01:14 PM   #115
MikeMc
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post

One can only hope...sounds like an actual identity. Lets goooooo.
MikeMc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 10:58 PM   #116
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

After watching McDavid more closely this season he really is horrible defensively. Like he doesn't even try. He's constantly blowing the zone.

Call me a homer or whatever but I think Matthews is a more well-rounded player.
savemedrzaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 11:00 PM   #117
blender
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemedrzaius View Post
After watching McDavid more closely this season he really is horrible defensively. Like he doesn't even try. He's constantly blowing the zone.

Matthews is the best player in the Canadian Division.
blender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 11:12 PM   #118
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemedrzaius View Post

That’s something with which most of CP will likely broadly agree, I expect

It is well known here that McDavid and Draisaitl don’t play an effective 2 way game

So much that you will see them referred to as
McAvi and Raisaitl

I can still call you a homer but you are also correct here
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 11:15 PM   #119
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

McDavid would probably be better all around on a real team with line mates and reasonable ice time. All they care about is points and can't figure out why they don't win.

And I don't care what anyone says Drai is a 70 point player without McDavid. "they don't play together" except on the PP and whenever the Oilers are losing
Old 01-28-2021, 11:18 PM   #120
Burn13
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Nylander might as well be invisible. He scored nobody cares. Should have kept Kapanen.
Burn13 is offline   Reply With Quote