Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-10-2021, 07:15 PM   #3521
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Is this a game like pubg or is it like arc where you try to build a base and stuff?
I would recommend watching a stream on Twitch to get an idea of how the game works - Deadly Slob (Canadian too) is a good person to follow in my opinion.
Coys1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Coys1882 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2021, 01:21 PM   #3522
Engine09
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Can anyone recommend a good switcher?

I finally built my video game shelf and have 19 consoles I need to connect to 2 TVs. Looking for separate HDMI and RCA switchers, 12 inputs each.

I've been doing some searching but seeing a lot of junk, has to be something good out there.

Thanks
Engine09 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Engine09 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2021, 02:06 PM   #3523
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine09 View Post
Can anyone recommend a good switcher?

I finally built my video game shelf and have 19 consoles I need to connect to 2 TVs. Looking for separate HDMI and RCA switchers, 12 inputs each.

I've been doing some searching but seeing a lot of junk, has to be something good out there.

Thanks
If you find a good quality RCA hub/switch, I would like to know about it. I've resigned myself to swapping cables for retro consoles to plug into the TV since the video and audio quality has obvious degradation when attached to most switchers.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mazrim For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2021, 02:48 PM   #3524
Engine09
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I was thinking more build quality an design, I wasn't considering the signal quality passing through these things. One more thing to consider, thanks!
Engine09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 03:07 PM   #3525
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

What's the latency on something like that?
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 04:28 PM   #3526
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

Finally made it through Star Wars Squadrons campaign, but it felt like a chore after about 6-8 hours. Game gives me a mega headache (that's without VR). Played a few multiplayer games, but I think I'm gonna put this one to bed for the headache thing. Too bad, cause it's a rather excellent space sim

Last edited by Sr. Mints; 01-18-2021 at 05:48 PM.
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 01:33 AM   #3527
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

I agree with the guys on the last page, Tarkov has been a hell of a lot of fun this wipe
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 11:27 AM   #3528
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think it's pretty much safe to say at this point with all of the Resistance screenshots that Insomniac is posting on their social media that we should expect a new one or atleast a remaster.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 12:14 PM   #3529
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
I think it's pretty much safe to say at this point with all of the Resistance screenshots that Insomniac is posting on their social media that we should expect a new one or atleast a remaster.
Is that game really relevant enough to warrant a remaster? It's okay but kind of a ho hum FPS like Killzone. I could understand a Resistance sequel for this generation but remaster doesn't make a lot of sense.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 03:17 PM   #3530
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Is that game really relevant enough to warrant a remaster? It's okay but kind of a ho hum FPS like Killzone. I could understand a Resistance sequel for this generation but remaster doesn't make a lot of sense.
I personally am not interested in a remaster since I'm not a big fan of playing a game more than once even if the graphics are better. Remakes are a different story because they can feel like a whole new game.

There seems to be a demand though for a remaster based on the comments every time they post something. I think more people want a new game though. From what I just read it sounds like it could be a reboot.
Old 01-19-2021, 05:21 PM   #3531
Cain
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I've been playing Fell Seal a bunch over the last couple of weeks and recommend it to anyone that enjoyed Final Fantasy Tactics. Scratches the same itch with a few differences, but I've been enjoying it.
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cain For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2021, 08:45 AM   #3532
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
I've been playing Fell Seal a bunch over the last couple of weeks and recommend it to anyone that enjoyed Final Fantasy Tactics. Scratches the same itch with a few differences, but I've been enjoying it.
I haven't dove in yet but there are a few more. Mercenaries Saga and Banner of the Maid.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2021, 09:13 PM   #3533
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Damn Shoppers Drug Mart is fast shipping things out. I ordered another PS5 controller earlier today since they were emailing out $20 vouchers if you spent $75 and I had $50 worth of points and I just got a shipping notice.
Old 01-21-2021, 11:46 AM   #3534
Esoteric
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Damn Shoppers Drug Mart is fast shipping things out. I ordered another PS5 controller earlier today since they were emailing out $20 vouchers if you spent $75 and I had $50 worth of points and I just got a shipping notice.
If it's anything like when I ordered my PS5, the shipping notice was generated also immediately, but Canada Post didn't actually get the package for another week or so.
Esoteric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 10:32 AM   #3535
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esoteric View Post
If it's anything like when I ordered my PS5, the shipping notice was generated also immediately, but Canada Post didn't actually get the package for another week or so.
It says today they picked it up but I'm not expecting it for a while. The post office here is backed up so bad they have to store mail an hour away in Flin Flon because they don't have the space. I have things I ordered a month ago that still haven't showed up.
Old 01-22-2021, 12:10 PM   #3536
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Gamestop stock acting wild - short getting squished.
Old 01-22-2021, 02:56 PM   #3537
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Xbox Live Gold doubling their price from $60 to $120 in the US.
Old 01-22-2021, 03:02 PM   #3538
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
Xbox Live Gold doubling their price from $60 to $120 in the US.
Just a way to get more people over to Game Pass Ultimate, IMHO there is no reason why people should be on XBox Live Gold and not on Ultimate considering what you get with Ultimate.
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 03:05 PM   #3539
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1984 View Post
Just a way to get more people over to Game Pass Ultimate, IMHO there is no reason why people should be on XBox Live Gold and not on Ultimate considering what you get with Ultimate.
Wouldn't be surprised at some big increases on Ultimate as well if you're charging consoles $120 US a year baseline service to just access the internet/multiplayer.
Old 01-22-2021, 03:34 PM   #3540
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
Wouldn't be surprised at some big increases on Ultimate as well if you're charging consoles $120 US a year baseline service to just access the internet/multiplayer.
Access to internet is free under Xbox Live, If you don't plan on playing any online multiplayer games.

And yeah, I assume there will be price increases to ultimate but I am not expecting anything substantial. Even if it went up to $20 a month here in Canada it is well worth it.

Last edited by Since1984; 01-22-2021 at 03:37 PM.
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote