Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2021, 10:52 AM   #1501
MJK
Franchise Player

Exp:

SCR.to was rocking and rolling and then just took a big dump. People taking profit before earnings? Raising more $?
MJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 01:33 PM   #1502
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone have advice on good ETF indexes for me to research? I'm looking mostly American (vanguard s&p500), some Canadian and some foreign markets
PaperBagger'14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 02:01 PM   #1503
Leondros
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
A relative back east told me to keep an eye on Anaconda Mining. TSE:ANX

Small stock price at $0.59

They may have found a very good gold deposit in Newfoundland
I always like coming back and seeing how old tips turn out - this one hasn't moved and no press releases out yet. Maybe still to come?
Leondros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 02:51 PM   #1504
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperBagger'14 View Post
Anyone have advice on good ETF indexes for me to research? I'm looking mostly American (vanguard s&p500), some Canadian and some foreign markets
After reading about it in a few places, I've started allocating into the Singapore ETF EWS. With Hong Kong slowly being choked into submission by China, it's losing its status as the financial capital of the region. Singapore looks to be the one who is primarily benefiting and will most likely only grow in influence. With power shifting from west to east, I think it's a also good way to diversity a bit away from NA/Europe. It probably won't get you TSLA returns, but I think it should be a steady riser.
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 02:52 PM   #1505
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I hold a mix of VCN and XAW in my TFSA. I hold VEQT in my RRSP.
Old 01-12-2021, 03:11 PM   #1506
puckedoff
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I don't want to give investment advice (you should get that from your Dad's guy) but, assuming this is just long term DIY retirement investing you could start with this list from Vanguard below (this would be for Canadian dollar accounts, but you could find something similar if you are investing US funds)

https://www.vanguardcanada.ca/indivi...entStyle=index

Just go through the list for the general exposures you want, and if it is for long term then don't buy anything that says 'CAD hedged' in the description.

Once you've picked one or two that match the market/exposure you are looking for, look up the iShares version of the same thing and buy the one with a lower MER.
puckedoff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to puckedoff For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2021, 04:32 PM   #1507
GomerPile
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJK View Post
SCR.to was rocking and rolling and then just took a big dump. People taking profit before earnings? Raising more $?
Im in on this for a long run. I bought more today, I have a couple monthly dividends paid out around this time every month and purchase SCR.TO with it.
GomerPile is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GomerPile For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2021, 05:48 PM   #1508
manwiches
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

AMCI update as I mentioned I was in. Sneaky AHs, and setting ATHs. I've scaled half at 16.5 at my first fib level, and my final PT will be the 161.8 fib. Easiest ticker I've traded the past 2 months.

But being cautious on its way to 161.8, as it is running partially in sympathy to PLUG too, which I am going to short soon.

I fully plan on keeping some of my position in AMCI in my long term for post merger, as I have an average in the 11s.

If you're not trading AMCI, i think it will be an absolute rocket post merger, as QS was. I will be taking a position again post merger for a big run-up like QS was.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk
manwiches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 05:50 PM   #1509
manwiches
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGGYRULES View Post
No news yet. When CCIV rumor hit I moved 75% of my AMCIW over there for the ride. I'm hoping CCIV hits high teens this week and the AMCI vote date doesn't drop until next week so I can move out of CCIV back in. Still very bullish on AMCI and want back in after the initial CCIV pump. It's a calculated bet and I could be kicking myself. We'll see. Warrants for CCIV @ $4.70 and commons at $14 so warrants are overvalued IMO. Warrants ib AMCI undervalued @ $3.27 compared to commons @ $15.25 or so. Hoping they stay that way til I get back in....
Mad I missed CCIV. On my watchlist to watch for support. Lots of eyes and stocktwits buzz, so lots of volatility.

Old 01-12-2021, 05:57 PM   #1510
IGGYRULES
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by manwiches View Post
Mad I missed CCIV. On my watchlist to watch for support. Lots of eyes and stocktwits buzz, so lots of volatility.

We'll... I'm mad because AMCI doesn't look like it's going to wait for me to get back in. See what tomorrow brings I guess.
IGGYRULES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 06:35 PM   #1511
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leondros View Post
I always like coming back and seeing how old tips turn out - this one hasn't moved and no press releases out yet. Maybe still to come?

What are you talking about? I'm up two cents since putting some down on this. What more do you want!!??
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2021, 06:57 PM   #1512
manwiches
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
We'll... I'm mad because AMCI doesn't look like it's going to wait for me to get back in. See what tomorrow brings I guess.
Don't sleep on it. I'm keeping some in my long term. It's a really good company with decent fundamentals and also a great vision and product, geared right for the alternative energy future.

It will be great once the merger happens too I think, ala QS. Look at that chart for some serious lip smacking.

I love hot SPACs. They trade super easy and predictable.

The Following User Says Thank You to manwiches For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2021, 04:29 PM   #1513
IGGYRULES
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Good day for AMCI and CCIV today. Hope some of you hopped on board when I first posted.

AMCI warrants criminally undervalued still and I think a minimum 3 bagger from where they sit now.

CCIV... I'm not sure if there's any tuning back. Once the Lucid rumor is confirmed..... it'll go parabolic. My mind can't even process it. I think I might hold long even tough the original plan was to get out pre merger. I can see alot of capital redeployed from TSLA over once the ticker changes.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IGGYRULES For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2021, 04:47 PM   #1514
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hopped on board the AMCI train seeing how excited you were about it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Table 5 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2021, 06:19 PM   #1515
IGGYRULES
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post
Keep an eye on it. It's riding the coattails of FCEL, PLUG, Ballard right now. They have until Feb 21 or so to complete and merge. Plenty of time still but I'd be a little bit concerned if they don't drop the vote date by Wednesday next week. Once that date drops it'll rocket. Depending on price action and how much it's run I'd consider letting it ride until a couple days before merger then sell and you can likely get back in after merger for cheaper if you want to continue on that ride. Regardless clean energy is a no brainer this year.
Old 01-13-2021, 06:27 PM   #1516
manwiches
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post
AMCI is only getting started. Today was absolute face rip day. That being said, I'll be 75% out by 20, and riding profit into merger and post, where I'll play again

Want another play, look at QS. Then look at FUBO and RMO daily. I took a position today, and played both FUBO and RMO yesterday and today. Also, QS is lithium batteries for EV. Currently sitting just under 61.8% fib and VPoC with high vol nodes. Exact same set up as FUBO and RMO.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to manwiches For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2021, 06:29 PM   #1517
manwiches
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Keep an eye on it. It's riding the coattails of FCEL, PLUG, Ballard right now. They have until Feb 21 or so to complete and merge. Plenty of time still but I'd be a little bit concerned if they don't drop the vote date by Wednesday next week. Once that date drops it'll rocket. Depending on price action and how much it's run I'd consider letting it ride until a couple days before merger then sell and you can likely get back in after merger for cheaper if you want to continue on that ride. Regardless clean energy is a no brainer this year.
Fwiw, I am short on PLUG. It's overextended and over bought on all timeframes. Not saying it flushes, but just as fast things go up, they go down. It's sitting at a key reversal fib as well, thus the flush today, which I played and covered before the rip back.

Very popular and volatile for sure though.

Old 01-13-2021, 06:48 PM   #1518
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by manwiches View Post

I love hot SPACs. They trade super easy and predictable.

My position in CLOV isn't doing so hot.
Old 01-13-2021, 07:18 PM   #1519
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't have the time/skill to be day-trading as much as you guys, but feel free to keep dropping more hot tips and knowledge! I'm sure I'm not the only one who appreciates the insight.

I anticipate with Biden's stimulus speech tomorrow, anything remotely green will stay hot for the foreseeable future. It's a bit funny though, I don't think most people realize how much mining and metals are required for all these "renewable" energy solutions. So long term, instead of trying to guess the winners, I'm investing in the commodities that are going to be supplying all them.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Table 5 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2021, 07:37 PM   #1520
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

With the significant drop in ATD.B today, what are the long term prospects? I think it’s risky for any business to suddenly move into another countries markets so I think the drop was warranted. I put an order at $36 even, which didn’t get filled but I’m curious on others opinions.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote