Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-2020, 10:57 PM   #41
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattanboy View Post
I may be spending some time in Toronto over the next few weeks, so if I subscribe to Game Centre I will be able to watch the Flames while I am there and watch them on Sportsnet here in Calgary? Thanks
From NHL Live

https://nhllive.com/en/support-game-availability

Blackout/authentication rules are applied based on where you are accessing the game from, not based on billing address
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Toonage For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2020, 09:12 AM   #42
Burner
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Has there been any news on the regional TV rights for the Flames??
Burner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 09:19 AM   #43
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I live in Toronto and have cable (rogers). Do I need to buy nhl live to be able to watch all flames games or will games be accessible on Ur standard sportsnet channels??

Typically sportsnet blacks out flames games on sn-west, but am curious given all the games will be Canadian match ups....

Any idea?
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 09:59 AM   #44
Captain Otto
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonage View Post
Thats correct
As I read that, I've never wanted to live in Edmonton more than I do right now.
Captain Otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 10:23 AM   #45
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

They sure don’t make it clear on how to watch your team if you cut cable, which in my opinion is pretty dumb.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 10:30 AM   #46
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
They sure don’t make it clear on how to watch your team if you cut cable, which in my opinion is pretty dumb.
It's almost like the cable companies have a self-interest to block you from having other avenues to watch the games
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 11:10 AM   #47
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
It's almost like the cable companies have a self-interest to block you from having other avenues to watch the games
Sure. Okay. I guess I’ll pirate it then rather than pay them money.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Coffee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2020, 02:53 PM   #48
Classic_Sniper
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty2hotty View Post
I’m in Toronto. I’m guessing the 9 games against the Leafs are going to blacked out in NHL Live, yes?

Anyone know if Sportsnet Now + would include all games?
I had Sportsnet Now + last season and I was able to catch every Flames game and re-watch if I wanted to on replay. I believe the + options lifts all blackouts. Plus you can watch on your laptop, tablet or Apple TV. But the 2 caveats are it’s only 720p and we don’t know who gets the Flames regional games yet, TSN or Sportsnet, so personally, I wont make a decision yet.

For the record, I liked Sportsnet Now and would re-subscribe if the Flames were picked up by Sportsnet.
Classic_Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 04:12 PM   #49
Hart50
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Has anyone had any success with signing up for Center Ice this season with Shaw in Calgary?
I ask because I was just told today that it wasn’t available.
When pressed, he wasn’t able to give me any explanation as to whether it was my neighborhood, my Shaw setup or Calgary itself.
Unfortunately this is par for the course with Shaw.
Hart50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 01:34 PM   #50
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Not that this necessarily helps you, but Shaw Direct is advertising Centre Ice for $189 per season (or $48 per month).

https://www.shawdirect.ca/english/pa...remium-sports/

It would make sense that Shaw Cable would be offering this to customers as well unless they have something else planned.
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 01:55 PM   #51
Rubicant
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbsy View Post
I live in Toronto and have cable (rogers). Do I need to buy nhl live to be able to watch all flames games or will games be accessible on Ur standard sportsnet channels??

Typically sportsnet blacks out flames games on sn-west, but am curious given all the games will be Canadian match ups....

Any idea?
I'm imagining it's like any other year. If they are playing Toronto, you will be able to watch that game as you are in the Toronto area, as well as any other national broadcasts.

Anything else you would have blacked out on the sportsnet channels so you would need centre ice / nhl live.

I'd be very surprised if they simply got rid of blackouts this year...
Rubicant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 05:00 PM   #52
gallione11
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I had been a center ice subscriber for the the past... 15 years but I cut the cord recently, so it's NHL.tv or nothing.

How is it? Can you watch the games on demand or record/dvr them so you can skip commericals? Is it hard to avoid spoilers if you're watching a game late?

Been hemming and hawing on whether to purchase it or not but the ability to FF/watch when I want will be the deal breaker.
gallione11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 05:23 PM   #53
socalwingfan
Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallione11 View Post
I had been a center ice subscriber for the the past... 15 years but I cut the cord recently, so it's NHL.tv or nothing.

How is it? Can you watch the games on demand or record/dvr them so you can skip commericals? Is it hard to avoid spoilers if you're watching a game late?

Been hemming and hawing on whether to purchase it or not but the ability to FF/watch when I want will be the deal breaker.
You can watch the games at anytime - skipping commercials is a pain in the ass. They put little red dots when goals are scored so if you are trying to FFWD ahead, you will see the red dots and once a goal is scored you know which team the dots belong to. It's a pretty crappy app but its better than nothing i guess - I've been using it for probably 5-7 years. And you don't get "commericals" but get to watch the top goals/saves OVER AND OVER AND OVER again throughout the year

Last edited by socalwingfan; 01-12-2021 at 05:25 PM.
socalwingfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to socalwingfan For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2021, 05:49 PM   #54
kyuss275
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tellus is charging over $200 for a 4 month season. I swear they charged just over $200 for a full 82 game schedule last year
kyuss275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 05:55 PM   #55
scotty2hotty
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I live in Toronto - NHLLive plus Apple TV is my preferred platform for all Flames games. Just paid $180 (including tax) for this season.
Old 01-12-2021, 06:03 PM   #56
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalwingfan View Post
You can watch the games at anytime - skipping commercials is a pain in the ass. They put little red dots when goals are scored so if you are trying to FFWD ahead, you will see the red dots and once a goal is scored you know which team the dots belong to. It's a pretty crappy app but its better than nothing i guess - I've been using it for probably 5-7 years. And you don't get "commericals" but get to watch the top goals/saves OVER AND OVER AND OVER again throughout the year
I don't understand why they can't edit those "commercials" out once you are watching an archived game. All other major sports league do it. Like if I'm watching a Jays game that was a day game in the evening every time on the broadcast when they break to a commercial it just skips that and continues on. But with NHL I have to either wait the 3 mins or try and skip over it and the skipping never works.

NHL is so bush league.
savemedrzaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 11:10 AM   #57
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

I purchased NHL Live last year and didn't bother cancelling when the season was cancelled.

I just decided now to renew my subscription, but when I log in, it just says "Thank-you for subscribing", and doesn't give me any payment options. It just says; "click here to start watching", and then sends me to the game previews.

Are they some how extending subscriptions from last season into this season? I wouldn't expect it for a league that really needs to make money this year, but I can't seem to figure out how to pay either.

Has anyone else had this problem? I am guessing that either the website isn't intuitive, or I just fail at these things. Probably the latter considering I complain about every website as being non-intuitive.
Old 01-13-2021, 11:22 AM   #58
Demaeon
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
I purchased NHL Live last year and didn't bother cancelling when the season was cancelled.

I just decided now to renew my subscription, but when I log in, it just says "Thank-you for subscribing", and doesn't give me any payment options. It just says; "click here to start watching", and then sends me to the game previews.

Are they some how extending subscriptions from last season into this season? I wouldn't expect it for a league that really needs to make money this year, but I can't seem to figure out how to pay either.

Has anyone else had this problem? I am guessing that either the website isn't intuitive, or I just fail at these things. Probably the latter considering I complain about every website as being non-intuitive.
I got an email late last year reminding me that my NHL Live subscription would auto-renew if I didn't cancel it (might have been an option I chose, don't remember). I was going to re-order anyways, so let it do it's thing, and was charged when it auto-renewed.
Demaeon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Demaeon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2021, 11:28 AM   #59
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demaeon View Post
I got an email late last year reminding me that my NHL Live subscription would auto-renew if I didn't cancel it (might have been an option I chose, don't remember). I was going to re-order anyways, so let it do it's thing, and was charged when it auto-renewed.
Ah, thanks for the heads up. I just checked my credit card statement and it auto-renewed.

It worked out this time since I decided to get it again, but definitely something I need to watch out for in the future!
Old 01-13-2021, 11:32 AM   #60
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sportsnet Now+ now includes NHL LIVE.

...seems like a pretty good deal...now to see if I can get a refund on NHL LIVE.
ComixZone is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ComixZone For This Useful Post: