Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2021, 01:55 PM   #341
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
Pepsi follows me around making snarky digs multiple times a week. He seems to have turned it into some kind of game. I know that’s how he gets his kicks on this forum, but I’m not interested in playing that game.
Or maybe you follow him around saying dumb s--t that he then busts you on. If you have demonstrated no consistency in a position, expect to get called on it.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 01:58 PM   #342
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Pepsi follows me around making snarky digs multiple times a week. He seems to have turned it into some kind of game. I know that’s how he gets his kicks on this forum, but I’m not interested in playing that game.
Allow me to translate Snowflake.

"Pepsi reads my ridiculousness multiple times a week and he keeps on correcting me, making me look foolish. He seems to have turned it into some kind of game, one I'm getting my head caved in at. I wish he would stop making me look dumb. It's ruining my cred in the intellectual dark web thread. Now let me go find someone with an opinion on a subject that I can post to represent mine so I don't look silly."
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2021, 02:06 PM   #343
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

You guys should definitely pile-on Cliff continuously like a bunch of hyenas. It definitely gives you the moral high ground here...
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wastedyouth For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2021, 02:08 PM   #344
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

I hate it when people use my post history against me!!

I want my post history to be like a Simpsons episode. No matter where we end the day today, tomorrow I want a clean slate.

Actually I think it was Cowman or cowperson or whatever that beefy guy was called who had some good advice once. "Posting an opinion is easy, defending an opinion is hard".

Could not agree more. It's so easy to just post stuff in the moment without thinking. But my god what a ton of work it is to defend that opinion six ways from sunday. It takes time, effort, brain power etc.

That's why I'm a poster, not a defender. Ain't nobody got time for that.

/s?
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2021, 02:09 PM   #345
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wastedyouth View Post
You guys should definitely pile-on Cliff continuously like a bunch of hyenas. It definitely gives you the moral high ground here...
Like you piled on me in the other thread...
Old 01-11-2021, 02:11 PM   #346
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
I’m with wastedyouth. What this forum needs now is healing. We need to ignore the falsehoods and dishonest opinions put forth in the past and move forward, listening to each other to find a common middle ground.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ResAlien For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2021, 02:11 PM   #347
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Tech media platforms are not fast food restaurants? My god, you don't say. That must be why nothing shows up at my door when I post "A CHEESEBURGER, EXTRA PICKLES, AND FRIES PLEASE" on Facebook.

Again, think critically. All red flags are not created equal. Merkel can raise a red flag and we can see that it's somewhat out of touch. Would she really be the first politician on earth to hold an opinion of something that might not be well-informed? Or, it suits you, so appeal to authority it is? On the other hand, some alt-right MAGA supporter can raise red flags which can be wrong for entirely different reasons. Who is lumping them together? Is it easier to pretend people are?

On that same wavelength, someone can raise concerns about Social Media and still miss what makes those concerns valid or come up with the wrong concerns. As I posted early, "questions" and "concerns" are a fart in the wind if that's where they end. "Engagement in society depends on that infrastructure"? Or your comment, "they're more like utilities that have secured quasi-monopolies?" Really. After a never-ending assurance that only 20% of people Americans use Twitter, even less daily, it's really just young white collar people, it's niche, a narrow slice, etc etc, you now believe it's more like a utility and nod along with a post calling it essential to engagement with our society?

Yeah right.

Again, there are issues around social media. At very least, every single one being brought up at this moment is using the banning of Trump, Parler, and those that incite violence and exist solely to sow hatred as a jumping off point. Even the growing calls to have them regulated, a big part of this is because they allow #### like this to happen, it's not based on "oh no what if they do this to someone else!" it's "why do they allow these things for so long."

So to say it has nothing to do with Trump... lol.
You need to insert political terms into your order like, be liberal with the pickles, give me the red ketchup, and don't be conservative with the fries.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2021, 02:12 PM   #348
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Oh please, maybe if he'd stop whining incessantly about Pepsi having some sort of obsession with him.

Both Cliff and Pepsi post in threads of the current events subject matter variety, they both generally have contrasting viewpoints, and they both tend to willingly engage each other in an argument. If Cliff doesn't want someone to quote things he has said that contradict a position he holds, then maybe some bloody consistency is in order?
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2021, 02:14 PM   #349
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Like you piled on me in the other thread...
Haha, yes.

I am a unrepentant hypocrite!

I mean, I didn't use green, so I am clearly urging them on!
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 02:26 PM   #350
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

I'm just amused at how many people say "conservatives can't communicate" while communicating on Fox or whatever medium they're communicating on at the time.

Also it seems a bit of bait and switch since they've swapped out violent speech for just speech in general.

Parler didn't get banned because of conservative viewpoints...
Old 01-11-2021, 02:29 PM   #351
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
I don't think it counts as following you around if quote me and I respond. Good effort I guess, really effectively curbed the conversation in your favour, but not sure that's how it works.

Imagine where we'd be if my dumping at McDonalds post was just left in peace, the perfect, beautiful metaphor it was.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 02:30 PM   #352
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

If the next post is complaining about “thanks” being handed out, then I hit the CP bingo today.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 02:31 PM   #353
Julio
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
If the next post is complaining about “thanks” being handed out, then I hit the CP bingo today.
Damn thanks button...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Julio For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2021, 02:34 PM   #354
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by julio View Post
damn thanks button...
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2021, 03:27 PM   #355
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
fun too....
combustiblefuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 03:46 PM   #356
Boreal
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
I hate it when people use my post history against me!!

I want my post history to be like a Simpsons episode. No matter where we end the day today, tomorrow I want a clean slate.

Actually I think it was Cowman or cowperson or whatever that beefy guy was called who had some good advice once. "Posting an opinion is easy, defending an opinion is hard".

Could not agree more. It's so easy to just post stuff in the moment without thinking. But my god what a ton of work it is to defend that opinion six ways from sunday. It takes time, effort, brain power etc.

That's why I'm a poster, not a defender. Ain't nobody got time for that.

/s?
Boreal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Boreal For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2021, 03:50 PM   #357
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

Peace and love.

Last edited by SportsJunky; 01-11-2021 at 05:09 PM.
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 05:09 PM   #358
Mull
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise thereof, or abridging the freedom of speech or of the press, or the right of the people peaceably to assemble and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

The government is restricted from infringing on an individual's 1st amendment rights. Citizens can take whatever action they like. Since corporations are people (stupid, I know) they have the freedom to make the same decisions as a private citizen and can limit the freedom of expression of those who work for them, or use their services. What happens in the private sector is different from the public sector. Public sector employees must comply with the law AND uphold the constitution. Public sector employees only need worry about complying with the law, and then only to the extent to which they can bend it or not be caught breaking it.
To hear this perspective verified by a lawyer, along with other interesting context (only 45 second video)

Last edited by Mull; 01-11-2021 at 05:11 PM.
Mull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 05:14 PM   #359
woob
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
B) Your cyberstalking is starting to genuinely creep me out.
Quote:
Really? That's the approach you're going with? You both are engaged posters on this forum who OFTEN partake in the same threads, and you're going to whine about being stalked and replied to?

Not the poster I thought I'd be saying this to, but here we are; you need to grow a thicker skin. Wow.
woob is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to woob For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2021, 05:16 PM   #360
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

In honour of this thread, today I decided to wear this tshirt I bought just before the election in November:

Buy it, and other cool non-trump related designs, here.

Last edited by Cecil Terwilliger; 01-11-2021 at 05:19 PM.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post: