Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-20-2020, 02:57 PM   #881
Esoteric
First Line Centre

Exp:

Have you guys had any issues with your PS5's in rest mode or anything?
I saw a few issues online, and I'm not sure whether or not I should be using that feature when it comes (hopefully Monday!)
Esoteric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 03:11 PM   #882
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

I used it a couple times and haven't had any issues. I've just made sure to close any games prior to putting it into rest mode since that seems to be part of the issues I've read
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2020, 03:44 PM   #883
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

The PS5 definitely has some stability issues, including rest mode. Hopefully they get an update out quickly.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 03:58 PM   #884
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Yeah my transfer from my PS4 crashed part way through, but after I restarted it it worked ok.

Is $33.50US about is good as it gets for a PS Plus membership?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-PlaySt...-/124014973844
Old 11-20-2020, 03:59 PM   #885
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esoteric View Post
Have you guys had any issues with your PS5's in rest mode or anything?
I saw a few issues online, and I'm not sure whether or not I should be using that feature when it comes (hopefully Monday!)
I've used rest mode every single day since I got it and have had no issues. I do close my game though before I put it into rest mode.
PepsiFree is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2020, 07:11 PM   #886
photon

Exp:

Watched Avengers: Endgame on the 4K Bluray, first time ever using a 4K Bluray. Looked so good.
Old 11-20-2020, 07:19 PM   #887
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

My first 24 hour impressions of the PS5 are pretty damn good. I avoided transferring any PS4 data after reading the issues, just downloaded my games and saves directly from PS+ without issue. Also haven't left a game running while in rest mode, but with how ridiculously fast loading times are that isn't even an issue like it would be on the PS4. Also spent a lot of time flipping back and forth between fidelity (ray tracing) and performance mode (60fps) on Spider-Man, and it's no contest, performance mode all the way. I can sometimes see the difference with ray tracing if there's not a lot of action happening and I pay attention, but 60fps just makes everything better. Really looking forward to playing a lot of the PS4 library that gets a boost in performance now

As for games, I bought RDR2 and Shadow of the Tomb Raider since they're on sale right now, and along with the PS4 collection you get with PS+ my backlog is now quite ridiculous. I'm set for the next year with new stuff to play
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2020, 07:29 PM   #888
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Oh and I just have to add that Astro's Playroom is the best game included with a console launch since Wii Sports. The way it demonstrates all of the controller's abilities is fantastic, and it's a fun little game in it's own right. My 3 1/2 year old daughter loves it, and she's finally getting the hang of 3D games because of it. She's been able to play 2D titles like Mario and Rayman for awhile now, but struggled with anything in 3D. Now she can roam around a beach with a cute robot without worrying about timers or difficult platforming, punching everything and laughing away. I hope Sony decides to make a full fledged game with Astro after seeing all the positive reactions, they could have a real mascot again for the first time since Crash
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 08:13 PM   #889
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Oh and I just have to add that Astro's Playroom is the best game included with a console launch since Wii Sports. The way it demonstrates all of the controller's abilities is fantastic, and it's a fun little game in it's own right. My 3 1/2 year old daughter loves it, and she's finally getting the hang of 3D games because of it. She's been able to play 2D titles like Mario and Rayman for awhile now, but struggled with anything in 3D. Now she can roam around a beach with a cute robot without worrying about timers or difficult platforming, punching everything and laughing away. I hope Sony decides to make a full fledged game with Astro after seeing all the positive reactions, they could have a real mascot again for the first time since Crash
There is a full fledged Astro VR game called Astro bot rescue mission and it's amazing

Last edited by dino7c; 11-20-2020 at 08:15 PM.
dino7c is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dino7c For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2020, 09:11 PM   #890
FlamesKickAss
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Yeah my transfer from my PS4 crashed part way through, but after I restarted it it worked ok.

Is $33.50US about is good as it gets for a PS Plus membership?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-PlaySt...-/124014973844
https://www.cdkeys.com/playstation-n...ription-canada

I got mine here, it was 42 CDN last month.. Seems to be about the same as the ebay listing now...
FlamesKickAss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FlamesKickAss For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2020, 10:57 PM   #891
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Yeah cdkeys is legit for PSN
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Raekwon For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2020, 11:01 PM   #892
Meelapo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesKickAss View Post
https://www.cdkeys.com/playstation-n...ription-canada

I got mine here, it was 42 CDN last month.. Seems to be about the same as the ebay listing now...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
Yeah cdkeys is legit for PSN
I bought mine from here:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Sony-PlaySta...kAAOSw0c9bhZ-k

Redemption key came in a couple hours after the Paypal purchase.

EDIT: Lol....it's the same place you linked to, photon. So yeah, that seller is legit.
Meelapo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Meelapo For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2020, 11:22 PM   #893
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anybody try Ghosts of Tsushima on PS5 yet? Contemplating buying it.

Saw it compared to Batman Arkham City which is one of my favourite games ever and kind of want it now that it’s on sale.

Might grab Fifa 21 and Madden 21 too...the next gen versions come out Dec 4 and they are pretty much half price right now.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 11:52 PM   #894
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post

I haven't played it yet, but I watched the Digital Foundry video on backwards compatibility and it's a locked 60fps in performance mode. From what I saw, basically every game that had an uncapped framerate on PS4 hits 60 and stays there on PS5.

Also just finished platinum trophies for both Miles Morales and Astro's Playroom today. Both a lot of fun, Miles Morales made me REALLY want Spider-Man 2 right now though. Hopefully not too far off..
codynw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 01:56 AM   #895
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post

Saw it compared to Batman Arkham City which is one of my favourite games ever and kind of want it now that it’s on sale.

Might grab Fifa 21 and Madden 21 too...the next gen versions come out Dec 4 and they are pretty much half price right now.
Ghost was amazing on the PS4 but now at 60fps plus faster load times it's simply phenomenal, lol
Iceman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 10:50 AM   #896
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm finding the PS5 pretty buggy. For some reason wifi works just fine but it won't connect via ethernet. Getting HDR at 4k was a bit of work as it's very picky compared to Series X when it comes to receiver passthrough and TV HDR settings. Demon Souls has crashed twice and each time required rebooting the PS5. I find it a bit noisy as well compared to the X. Controller is pretty slick though.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2020, 11:29 AM   #897
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I'm finding the PS5 pretty buggy. For some reason wifi works just fine but it won't connect via ethernet. Getting HDR at 4k was a bit of work as it's very picky compared to Series X when it comes to receiver passthrough and TV HDR settings. Demon Souls has crashed twice and each time required rebooting the PS5. I find it a bit noisy as well compared to the X. Controller is pretty slick though.
I haven’t had the noise issue, but I’ve had it hard (HARD) crash while playing Spidey Remastered.

The Series X is having its own problems as well though. There’s a glitch impacting “designed for Xbox” headsets which use the Xbox wireless signal that cause massive audio stuttering when there’s no active input on the controller (particularly bad in a few games like Gears 5 and Gears Tactics). I’ve also had the console turn itself back on after I power it off, and all accessories then refuse to sync (this may be related to the headset issue - as others are reporting it with the Arctis 9X).

Most of the issues though seem to be system software related on both consoles though, which is good to see rather than outright hardware problems.

I ordered an Audeze Penrose X this morning as an upgrade on the Arctis 9X. I’m just losing faith in the native Xbox wireless signal for audio connectivity - as even with the One X you’d get some signal interference/pops/drops from time to time. The Penrose uses its own dongle, which will hopefully be more stable. Comparing the Arctis 9X on the Series X to the 2020 release of the normal Arctis 9 on my PS5, the PS5 experience is flawless - I’m quite pleased with the 9 on my PS5.

SuperMatt - definitely give Tsushima a go. The upgrade it got is fantastic. I’ll also say Day’s Gone got an update that is very impressive as well.

Last edited by ComixZone; 11-21-2020 at 11:36 AM.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ComixZone For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2020, 02:09 PM   #898
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

I don’t find the PS5 noisy at all. I don’t think I’ve ever even heard it running.

Thankfully haven’t had any Ethernet or 4K issue either. Seems like aside from the initial issue where it bugged a game I transferred from the PS4, my console is bug free.
PepsiFree is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2020, 04:06 PM   #899
photon

Exp:

Yeah I had some HDR issues but then it was just because I'm dumb and didn't know the HDMI-5 port on my TV doesn't support HDR.

The disc drive is louder than anything else so far.
Old 11-21-2020, 04:21 PM   #900
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

I got Miles Morales today but my PS5 hasn't been processed yet and is sitting in the back of the post office somewhere. So annoying.
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote