Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2020, 11:00 AM   #3201
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

I grabbed NIOH 2 for $19.99 from the source
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 11:15 AM   #3202
flames_fan_down_under
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Yeah it's pretty hard to see why someone wouldn't buy those for 9.99, if you haven't played them.
I haven't played either of those titles yet, I like to game, but definitely in phases and I certainly put away the controller for a couple months here and there, so I miss playing the odd big title simply because I don't commit enough time to gaming. Long story short, which is the one to play out of those two?
flames_fan_down_under is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 11:22 AM   #3203
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flames_fan_down_under View Post
I haven't played either of those titles yet, I like to game, but definitely in phases and I certainly put away the controller for a couple months here and there, so I miss playing the odd big title simply because I don't commit enough time to gaming. Long story short, which is the one to play out of those two?
For me, Horizon Zero Dawn. I liked the combat and world a lot better. A lot of people would disagree with me though, I'm sure, as God of War was a GOTY winner for many. Both are arguably top 5 games of this console generation.

Incidentally I'm a lot like you. I don't pick up a controller for a couple of months, and then I get the urge to play something, and I just power through it start to finish (usually doing most / all sidequests but not going for 100% completion).
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2020, 11:27 AM   #3204
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
It’s God of War by a pretty significant margin IMO.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2020, 11:36 AM   #3205
Elkyiv
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
You can't go wrong paying $10 for either title. A subway sandwich is more than that and is largely forgettable.
Elkyiv is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elkyiv For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2020, 12:11 PM   #3206
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I liked Horizon Zero Dawn a lot more than God of War. I didn't even finish God of War and I don't understand the love for it. I found neither the story nor the game play interesting. I had never played any previous God of War games, so I'm not sure if that lack of backstory was what made it unenjoyable for me. Or maybe I just wasn't in the right mood for that sort of game when I played it.

I sometimes think about giving it another try, but there are always more games I want to play than time for playing them, so I might never get back to give it another try.

I highly recommend Horizon though, I thought it was a lot of fun to play and I liked the story a lot as well.
mikephoen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mikephoen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2020, 12:17 PM   #3207
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Amazon.ca also has the following for $9.99

Until Dawn
Infamous Second Son
Ratchet and Clank
God of War III remastered
Uncharted Collection
Nioh
Last of Us Remastered
Horizon Zero Dawn
God of War
Uncharted Lost Legacy
GT Sport
Littlebig Planet 3
chemgear is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2020, 12:32 PM   #3208
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

It looks like Amazon has matched Best Buy's Black Friday prices and Best Buy has dropped their prices early in response (it was supposed to start on Sunday).
Old 11-19-2020, 01:02 PM   #3209
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikephoen View Post
I liked Horizon Zero Dawn a lot more than God of War. I didn't even finish God of War and I don't understand the love for it. I found neither the story nor the game play interesting. I had never played any previous God of War games, so I'm not sure if that lack of backstory was what made it unenjoyable for me. Or maybe I just wasn't in the right mood for that sort of game when I played it.

I sometimes think about giving it another try, but there are always more games I want to play than time for playing them, so I might never get back to give it another try.

I highly recommend Horizon though, I thought it was a lot of fun to play and I liked the story a lot as well.
The GOW formula was getting a little stale so and they did a good job transitioning to more of a story based action/puzzle game. That said it wasn't perfect as it was the far opposite of an open world game to the point your movement was so restricted in most environments it felt like you were playing a game on rails. The story was fantastic, best of the series as was the combat. I don't think it deserves all the hype it got but at the same time I consider it a very good game.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 02:22 PM   #3210
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I'm not sure how I missed all the Hades hype before now, but I'm gonna download it tonight. Looks awesome.

My partner and I have been slowly playing through Rayman: Legends and it's pretty fun for both of us. She's a very casual gamer and doesn't have fast gaming reaction skills so the wide range of level difficulties works for us. Some of the more technical or fast levels are quite a bit harder with multiple people of differing skill levels though.
Kybosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 02:57 PM   #3211
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
Amazon.ca also has the following for $9.99

Until Dawn
Infamous Second Son
Ratchet and Clank
God of War III remastered
Uncharted Collection
Nioh
Last of Us Remastered
Horizon Zero Dawn
God of War
Uncharted Lost Legacy
GT Sport
Littlebig Planet 3

I’m pretty sure the majority of these games are either free right now in the PS Plus collection or were redeemable for free at some point with PS Plus. Just a heads up you may have added one of these to your library at some point and never downloaded it.
bax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 03:01 PM   #3212
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:

I think it comes down to personal taste as I was pretty opposite of you.

I played all of God of War and truly enjoyed every moment of it, but never thought of it as one of the best games of all time or anything.

I was super into Horizon for the first few hours, but I ended up dropping off and never finishing it. I found the whole thing to be repetitive gameplay wise and uninteresting story wise.
bax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 12:13 PM   #3213
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
Assassin's Creed Valhalla is a mess. Played around 14 hours so far, encountering bug after bug, albeit rather small so the gameplay is still somewhat enjoyable. This afternoon I log on to find 8 hours of saved data just.. gone? In that lost time I had manual saved and autosaved multiple times. Checked the Ubisoft forum and this is happening to loads of people, in addition to gamebreaking bugs which thankfully I never experienced.

Ubisoft has stated they will fix the issue in the upcoming weeks, but I don't imagine they will be able to retrieve lost data. So why the **** would I have any interest in playing this game anymore if I have to slog through 8 hours of crap I've already done?

No refund either so Ubisoft can get bent.
That sucks man! I learned back in AC3 never to get an AC game day 1 - its so annoying how they're usually a buggy mess at launch - but a conveniently-timed forced quarantine after a workplace exposure incident has left me with little choice haha. Though outside of a treasure chest inside a house I physically can't get into due to a glitch which is driving my completionist side crazy, I haven't encountered anything near to the extent you have. Lucky me I guess.

As for the game itself, my main complaint outside of bugs is WHY would they encourage me to hunt foxes in the first game I've played since Ghost of Tsushima...why would you do this to me Ubi???
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 01:29 PM   #3214
Two Fivenagame
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

Same here. I quickly lost interest in God of War. I see it was a super polished game with great graphics, soundtrack, lore, voice acting and on and on.... But the gameplay wasn't all that fun for me.

Couldn't put Horizon down. Such a great game and unique world/story.

And with so many people praising Doom Eternal I'm really starting to wonder what is going on? Is it an age thing? Are 40+ gamers loving these titles?

Picked up Sekiro and I'm loving that one.

Last edited by Two Fivenagame; 11-21-2020 at 01:34 PM.
Two Fivenagame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 10:12 AM   #3215
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Black Friday has got me once again this time on console.

NIOH 2
Dark Souls Remastered
Avengers
Division 2 xpac

and then I traded in some switch games and got Demon Souls and Spider man. There is a lot of punishment in this collection.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 01:53 PM   #3216
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

This is my black Friday list

Red Dead Redemption 2
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Spyro Remastered Trilogy
Crash Team Racing

Not bad for $90. Really tempted to add Last of Us 2, but my backlog is huge now, especially with the PS+ collection on PS5. I can wait a bit longer on that one when it hopefully drops to the $30 range
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 04:40 PM   #3217
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just imported my Spider-Man PS4 saves through to Spider-Man remastered. I am going to do the New Game+ play through which is basically getting to do the campaign again with an upgraded character.
Vinny01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 04:57 PM   #3218
TSXCman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Gran Turismo PS4
Luigi's Mansion Switch
Fire Emblem Switch

On the fence regarding Persona 5 Royal, FF7 Remake, and Ghost of Tsushima. As an employment impaired person with a crazy backlog, I'm trying to curb my $50 purchases. They are probably all worth it though.
TSXCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 06:22 PM   #3219
Hey Connor, It's Mess
First Line Centre

Exp:

Shadowlands time!
Hey Connor, It's Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 03:08 PM   #3220
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Connor, It's Mess View Post
Shadowlands time!
It's the least hyped I've been for a WoW expansion so far, but I'll give it a shot. The four covenant shorts make it seem interesting enough.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote