Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2020, 03:01 PM   #7961
Ark2
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
What are you talking about? Looked to the future?

Garland was nominated 8 months before the election. It doesn't occur to you that Ginsburg could have considered retiring within that last stretch and decided against it after what went down, hoping Hillary won?

That would have been plenty of time, in most cases, and there would be little reason to do it before the last handful of months, until Mitch made one.
When people say that RBG should have retired when Obama could have nominated her replacement, I sincerely doubt that they are thinking she should have done it in 2016 when the Republicans held the Senate. They likely mean that she should have done it in 2014 or earlier, when the Democrats still controlled the Senate. That means that Merrick Garland is completely irrelevant when it comes to whatever went through RBG's mind regarding her retirement. Do you honestly believe that she was still mulling over retirement in March 2016?
Old 10-28-2020, 03:06 PM   #7962
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ark2 View Post
When people say that RBG should have retired when Obama could have nominated her replacement, I sincerely doubt that they are thinking she should have done it in 2016 when the Republicans held the Senate. They likely mean that she should have done it in 2014 or earlier, when the Democrats still controlled the Senate. That means that Merrick Garland is completely irrelevant when it comes to whatever went through RBG's mind regarding her retirement. Do you honestly believe that she was still mulling over retirement in March 2016?
Considering she was apparently going to retire once Hillary was in office so Hillary could pick her replacement... months later... yes?
Old 10-28-2020, 03:08 PM   #7963
Fozzie_DeBear
Wucka Wocka Wacka

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
200 artists get behind Planned Parenthood, and getting out the vote:

Could a Philanthropically funded birth control for all program work in the US?

"It was a debacle of monumental proportions." -MacT
Old 10-28-2020, 03:22 PM   #7964
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Chris Jericho? Noooooooooo!

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
The Following User Says Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2020, 03:24 PM   #7965
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jericho has already stated his allegiance...

https://www.reddit.com/r/YangForPres...ould_vote_for/
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
Old 10-28-2020, 03:25 PM   #7966
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
Part of me wonders if thats not part of kayfabe. The industry has swung back to living the gimmic.

But, it also wouldn't surprise me.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Old 10-28-2020, 03:27 PM   #7967
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nah, a quick Google search suggests that he actually donated to Trump for President. If you're donating to the campaign you're pretty clearly a supporter.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
Old 10-28-2020, 03:28 PM   #7968
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
I like how some people are listed twice and his wife and kids make the list as activists that support Trump.
Old 10-28-2020, 03:30 PM   #7969
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Nah, a quick Google search suggests that he actually donated to Trump for President. If you're donating to the campaign you're pretty clearly a supporter.
Dude also performed with his band at the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally this year, which was a super spreader event. He's also been known to to be a COVIDiot.
Old 10-28-2020, 03:41 PM   #7970
Iowa_Flames_Fan
Referee

Exp:

Quote:
While i sympathize with wanting to out everyone involved in the family separation policies (a horrific crime against humanity in my view), I don’t know how much effect a Chief of Staff has on shaping actual policy. Maybe they do, I just don’t know.

Either way, I do worry that one of the more self-destructive habits of the American left is demanding ideological purity from every potential political ally before accepting their help. Unless you’re willing to be at least a little bit welcoming of people who disagree with you (or perhaps people who have disagreed with you in the past) building a political coalition becomes very difficult.

We see that with the Lincoln Project, who get a lot of flack from the Left for not being part of a truly leftist-reformer movement in the US. And yes, Lincoln Project are Republicans. Yes, they identify with traditional Republican viewpoints and values. Yes, if they succeed in purging Trumpism from the GOP they will go right back to criticizing and attacking Democrats. And... that’s OK. Because the stakes here are too high to be worried about whether everyone agrees on everything. They agree on what has to be the most important and highest priority for American democracy right now: getting rid of Trump and restoring democratic (small d) norms and values. We can all go back to fighting each other over what vision for democracy is best after we’ve joined forces to save the institution and the polity itself.

All I’m saying is: let’s not shoot the messenger here—it’s the message that matters: Trump is dangerously unfit for office and needs to go.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Iowa_Flames_Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2020, 03:44 PM   #7971
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
The White House science office listed "ending the COVID-19 pandemic" as the top accomplishment of President Trump's first term, even as the U.S. has set records for new daily infections and numerous hospitals across the country are stretched to their breaking points.

According to a press release intended to highlight the administration's science accomplishments, the Trump administration said it "has taken decisive actions to engage scientists and health professionals in academia, industry, and government to understand, treat, and defeat the disease."
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...mic-as-us-hits

https://twitter.com/user/status/1321446360588161024

What? I just can't anymore.

Last edited by cDnStealth; 10-28-2020 at 03:50 PM.
Old 10-28-2020, 03:47 PM   #7972
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
That's like Satan's dinner party guest list. What a collection of ghouls.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2020, 03:56 PM   #7973
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Or dinner for schmucks.
Old 10-28-2020, 03:57 PM   #7974
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

People who place importance on the opinions of celebrities deserve to be disappointed.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2020, 04:00 PM   #7975
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
People who place importance on the opinions of celebrities deserve to be disappointed.
Kim Kardashian was saying the exact same thing the other day.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2020, 04:03 PM   #7976
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
Dude also performed with his band at the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally this year, which was a super spreader event. He's also been known to to be a COVIDiot.
Yeah, Jericho has fully embraced the alt+right idiocy over the last couple years, even having Donald Trump Jr. on his podcast last year.
Old 10-28-2020, 04:07 PM   #7977
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Well... that's disappointing.

On another surprising note, Conrad Black endorses Trump. Didn't know he was still alive

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Old 10-28-2020, 04:12 PM   #7978
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

A professional wrestler is an idiot and a Trump supporter? Well color me SHOCKED!
The Following User Says Thank You to Wastedyouth For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2020, 04:18 PM   #7979
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

Don't worry y'all, Dave Bautista is the exact opposite. And he's also 10x cooler than Jericho.

https://m.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/da...1c7?ri18n=true

Quote:
"It’s easy to lie to people. It’s easy to bully people,” Bautista said, referring to Trump. “That does not make you a tough guy.”#

Biden, he said, will tell people the truth. Bautista also praised Biden’s plan to lead the country out of the#coronavirus#pandemic.##

“A leader is someone who can unite people, who takes responsibility,”#Bautista said. “That’s toughness. That is Joe Biden.”

Last edited by Looch City; 10-28-2020 at 04:20 PM.
Old 10-28-2020, 04:19 PM   #7980
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Rock 2028!
The Following User Says Thank You to OMG!WTF! For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread