Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2020, 06:54 PM   #7521
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan View Post
How can $325 for a hoodie ever be worth it? Shoes, sure. Jeans, maybe. A hoody? NFW.
The Arpenteur one? I don’t know. It’s ####ing cool? Buy what you want. Nobody cares.
Old 10-23-2020, 07:09 PM   #7522
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter12 View Post
The Arpenteur one? I don’t know. It’s ####ing cool? Buy what you want. Nobody cares.
...said everyone reading this post.
Old 10-23-2020, 07:33 PM   #7523
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Nm

Last edited by djsFlames; 10-23-2020 at 10:33 PM.
Old 10-23-2020, 07:33 PM   #7524
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob-loblaw View Post

The most recent poll shows Harrison now leading Graham in South Carolina. Man, I'd love to see Lindsey just get demolished. Dude is such a scumbag.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1319239577874280450
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to direwolf For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2020, 07:38 PM   #7525
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
The most recent poll shows Harrison now leading Graham in South Carolina. Man, I'd love to see Lindsey just get demolished. Dude is such a scumbag.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2020, 07:39 PM   #7526
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just in case anyone thought Trump's strategy of getting everyone to develop herd immunity against Covid-19 wasn't a disaster, Chinese authorities just did widespread testing of people in Wuhan, arguably one of the worst outbreaks in the world, and found only 4% carried antibodies against the disease.

Coupled with the reports that people have gotten re-infected and died. Yea, Trump policies needlessly caused more than 220k+ Covid deaths.
Quote:
Fewer than 4% of adults in Wuhan, China, tested positive for antibodies against COVID-19, putting the possibility of countries developing "herd immunity" against the virus without a vaccine in doubt, according to an analysis published Friday by JAMA Network Open.

The findings also suggest that those who experience mild disease or who have no outward symptoms of the virus may not develop long-lasting immunity to it naturally, the researchers said.

The term herd immunity refers to a scenario in which most of a population has become immune to a virus and these people effectively provide indirect protection to those who are not, according to researchers at Johns Hopkins University.
https://www.upi.com/Health_News/2020...9611603464946/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FlameOn For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2020, 07:43 PM   #7527
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
Just in case anyone thought Trump's strategy of getting everyone to develop herd immunity against Covid-19 wasn't a disaster, Chinese authorities just did widespread testing of people in Wuhan, arguably one of the worst outbreaks in the world, and found only 4% carried antibodies against the disease.

Coupled with the reports that people have gotten re-infected and died. Yea, Trump policies needlessly caused more than 220k+ Covid deaths.

You think Trump actually thought of that? haha Too much credit. He called it herd mentality at first....
Old 10-23-2020, 07:44 PM   #7528
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post

Not a virologist, but wouldn't that not bode well for developing an effective vaccine as well? At least not one that doesn't require several boosters?
Old 10-23-2020, 07:50 PM   #7529
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
Not a virologist, but wouldn't that not bode well for developing an effective vaccine as well? At least not one that doesn't require several boosters?
It might be continuous boosters for awhile if it's only 4% retained antibodies. I hope AHS is ready to provide that, oh wait, Kenny's privatizing everything so we'll be paying out of pocket.
Old 10-23-2020, 07:52 PM   #7530
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post

It's hard to see that happening. Trump should carry SC easily. Are there really that many people who would vote for Trump and against Graham? Harrison would probably need 10-15% of Trump voters to vote for him.
Old 10-23-2020, 08:03 PM   #7531
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfotiu View Post
It's hard to see that happening. Trump should carry SC easily. Are there really that many people who would vote for Trump and against Graham? Harrison would probably need 10-15% of Trump voters to vote for him.
Perhaps South Carolina isn’t such a sure thing for Trump as he’d hope.

Nobody’s been quite so sycophantic towards Trump as Lindsey Graham, and that’s saying a lot.

Maybe the voters of SC are tired of this. Nobody likes to be taken for granted.
Old 10-23-2020, 08:21 PM   #7532
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, it could be because Lindsay Graham is such a big Joe Biden fan.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2020, 08:24 PM   #7533
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
Yes. As he should. It's the only practical way forward. Anyone who thinks otherwise is living in a different era.

I, for one, was extremely thankful that he said that and didn't bull#### people anymore. It's time to stop placating people and give them the honest truth. Phasing out is necessary to limit climate change, and it's also the only way possible because we spent the last 20-30 years dicking around debating climate change instead of making the shift in our energy production. Now we are reliant on fossil fuels because we are behind in the technology and infrastructure necessary to make the shift.

Americans need a wake up call, and they need a leader who doesn't deal in malarkey. Go get 'em Joe.

I'll accept "we need to phase out Oil" if Americans will accept that "we need to phase out Oil" coming from the American government and specifically the Democratic party is actually

"We will use every technique possible (war, occupation, activism and disinformation) to destroy every competitor in the world, foe or ally, while our citizens lap up our empty words as progress, and then proceed to push through as many pipelines and as much oil production as humanly possible to remain the worlds Oil power until it's dying days that is likely decades, if not a century away".

Nobody gets ****ing hurt or changes a thing based on America's horse**** "we need to phase out Oil" campaigns except mostly Canada (economically) and then whatever people get killed when the US brings their Oil friendship tour to the middle east on a schedule you can set your watch to.

Last edited by jayswin; 10-23-2020 at 08:30 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2020, 08:25 PM   #7534
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan View Post
How can $325 for a hoodie ever be worth it? Shoes, sure. Jeans, maybe. A hoody? NFW.
one of my kids got busted stealing an 8,000 dollar casual coat, I told the cop I thought the store should be arrested for selling it in a town where people sleep on the streets.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to afc wimbledon For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2020, 08:33 PM   #7535
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
I'll accept "we need to phase out Oil" if Americans will accept that "we need to phase out Oil" coming from the American government and specifically the Democratic party is actually

"We will use every technique possible (war, occupation, activism and disinformation) to destroy every competitor in the world, foe or ally, while our citizens lap up our empty words as progress, and then proceed to push through as many pipelines and as much oil production as humanly possible to remain the worlds Oil power until it's dying days that is likely decades, if not a century away".

Nobody gets ****ing hurt or changes a thing based on America's horse**** "we need to phase out Oil" campaigns except mostly Canada (economically) and then whatever people get killed when the US brings their Oil friendship tour to the middle east on a schedule you can set your watch to.
Old 10-23-2020, 08:35 PM   #7536
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Extroverts can't really understand introverts, and vice versa.
Yes they can. I used to be an introvert before I changed.
Old 10-23-2020, 08:35 PM   #7537
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Smartest thing the US ever did was get ahead of the curve in rallying it's citizens against foreign Oil and convincing them to cheer it on because "the world needs to move on without Oil" and then ramping up Oil production and pipeline construction at the same time to meet the demand left by other countries that have given in to US backed activism.

Brilliant move, and perfectly executed. And their citizens don't even understand their country's move, they just clap along thinking Republicans are pro Oil and Democrats are for the environment. Nope, they're all in it for American economic interests.

Last edited by jayswin; 10-23-2020 at 08:46 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2020, 08:38 PM   #7538
Ark2
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
one of my kids got busted stealing an 8,000 dollar casual coat, I told the cop I thought the store should be arrested for selling it in a town where people sleep on the streets.
That doesn't make sense.
Old 10-23-2020, 08:43 PM   #7539
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ark2 View Post
That doesn't make sense.
I found the concept of an 8000 dollar hoodie as that's what it was really more obscene and immoral than the theft, granted he was boosting it to feed his drug habit, nothing particularly noble about that
Old 10-23-2020, 08:46 PM   #7540
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post

W.T.F.

Seriously, this is quite a crazy rant based on what I said. I know oil is important to Alberta, but the writing is on the wall, and has been for a while now. Move to a different source of income before it directly affects you all. Don't become Venezuela 2.0.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread