Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-15-2020, 09:41 AM   #81
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuss275 View Post
Canadian teams shouldn’t go south. American teams should go north. The numbers down south are far worse than up in Canada
The concern with that is that it is more likely for the US government to approve us going south, than the Canadian government doing the other way around. Look at what happened to the Blue Jays.

Though we are still some time away and things might probably change by then.
agulati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 10:21 AM   #82
ricardodw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VilleN View Post
The US has spent 18 B on Warp speed. It is almost all being developed by US pharma companies and have the military handling the logistics of the dispersal.

What is Canada's plan for vaccine distribution?

Canada is coming in late to the game to purchase what vaccine is left before it is sent to 3rd world countries.

Why would vaccine distribution be handled any better than testing in Canada?

Does anyone dispute that there will be fans in the stands in the US before Canada?
ricardodw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 10:23 AM   #83
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardodw View Post
Where do you think Canada ranks on getting vaccines before the US and the EU are fully vaccinated? Countries that spent Billions and Billions getting the Vaccine developed are obviously going to have much higher priority than a country that kicked in a fraction of the $$ when the vaccines were in Phase 3 of the testing protocol.

Whoever is the US president would invoke the Defense production act to get the US vaccinated first.

40% of NHL revenue is from ticket sales. The US will have ticket sales and Canada will not.

Likely the US will open the border to the vaccinated NHL teams/groups but why would they play games in empty Canadian arenas.
and here we were just thinking that you were only uneducated in hockey....

Canada has orders of over 200 million doses from 5 of the leading pharmaceutical companies.

The Government of Canada has now signed agreements with the following companies to obtain vaccines:
Sanofi and GSK, which will supply up to 72 million of doses of their COVID-19 adjuvanted recombinant protein-based vaccine candidate.
Johnson & Johnson, which will supply up to 38 million doses of its vaccine candidate, Ad26.COV2.S.
Novavax, which will supply up to 76 million doses of its vaccine candidate, NVX-CoV2373.
Pfizer, which will supply a minimum of 20 million doses of its mRNA-based vaccine candidate, BNT162. The government is negotiating with the company to have the agreement include options for obtaining additional doses.
Moderna, which will supply up to 56 million doses of its vaccine candidate, mRNA-1273.
Old 10-15-2020, 10:23 AM   #84
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The US has spent 18 B on Warp speed. It is almost all being developed by US pharma companies and have the military handling the logistics of the dispersal.

Canada is coming in late to the game to purchase what vaccine is left before it is sent to 3rd world countries.

Does anyone dispute that there will be fans in the stands in the US before Canada?
Just shut up man.

To date, the Government of Canada has allocated $1 billion for the five agreements that are in place. This includes some upfront payments that the pharmaceutical companies require to support vaccine development, testing and at-risk manufacturing.

This investment guarantees Canada’s earliest possible place in production runs.
Old 10-15-2020, 10:30 AM   #85
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

200 million doses for 37 million people. That should be enough.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 10:37 AM   #86
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfiverecords View Post
200 million doses for 37 million people. That should be enough.
Well everyone will need at least 2 doses.

I mean I get he wants to be controversial with his "hot takes" on the Flames, but how can anyone stomach his "hot takes" with real world problems.
Old 10-15-2020, 10:50 AM   #87
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
Well everyone will need at least 2 doses.

I mean I get he wants to be controversial with his "hot takes" on the Flames, but how can anyone stomach his "hot takes" with real world problems.
I blame Mania/ Drugs.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 10:52 AM   #88
VilleN
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

Per capita we aren’t spending a whole lot less than the US. I would assume distribution will follow a similar model as the annual flu shot, but likely it will be a tiered approach. Healthcare workers and the most vulnerable first, followed by the general population.

The US has been an absolute #### show as far as the pandemic has been concerned. I think it is definitely disputable that they would safely be able to accommodate fans in stadiums before Canada. Nothing in their recent history leads me to believe they’ll handle this efficiently.
VilleN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 10:53 AM   #89
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Some of the leading vaccine candidates are one dose, just FYI.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2020, 10:59 AM   #90
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Proposing that the U.S. is actually handling the pandemic in a good way is some next level Ricardodw trolling.
SuperMatt18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 10:59 AM   #91
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

He's basis his statements on nothing and is just trying to stir the pot.

Canada won't be left out in the cold while every other developed nation is receiving vaccines give your goddam head a shake.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 11:04 AM   #92
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VilleN View Post
Per capita we aren’t spending a whole lot less than the US. I would assume distribution will follow a similar model as the annual flu shot, but likely it will be a tiered approach. Healthcare workers and the most vulnerable first, followed by the general population.

The US has been an absolute #### show as far as the pandemic has been concerned. I think it is definitely disputable that they would safely be able to accommodate fans in stadiums before Canada. Nothing in their recent history leads me to believe they’ll handle this efficiently.
Umm the deplorables don't get a total eff. They will definitely pack the stadiums before we do, and before there is a vaccine.

FSU was allowed to have 80,000 fans for this weekends game by the Governor and the head coach wants it full to give his team an advantage. Good thing the school capped it at 25% capacity but that is still 20,000 fans! idiots.
Old 10-15-2020, 11:04 AM   #93
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

this is a hockey thread Gentlemen
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to afc wimbledon For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2020, 11:54 AM   #94
VilleN
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
Umm the deplorables don't get a total eff. They will definitely pack the stadiums before we do, and before there is a vaccine.

FSU was allowed to have 80,000 fans for this weekends game by the Governor and the head coach wants it full to give his team an advantage. Good thing the school capped it at 25% capacity but that is still 20,000 fans! idiots.

For sure they will allow it, but I don’t believe the NHL will until it is deemed safe for fans. Which means the vaccine has been widely administered and the pandemic is effectively over. I don’t see the US being capable of meeting those requirements in an efficient manner. I’d argue, fans will be in stadiums watching NHL games in Canada before they will be in the US.
VilleN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 12:13 PM   #95
RM14
First Line Centre

Exp:

https://www.rmotoday.com/local-sport...louise-2792260

Quote:
The federal government organization, which manages national parks and historic sites, said it hasn’t received a formal proposal regarding an NHL event in Banff National Park, where Lake Louise is located, after a rumour circulated that the iconic Alberta lake might be a destination to host a game next season.
Quote:
“Until a proposal is received, Parks Canada cannot make any determinations about whether or not this event could occur in a national park.”
no "formal" proposal has been issued. Could that be interpreted that informal discussions have occurred?
RM14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 12:20 PM   #96
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

I'm ok with this if every team changes their name to Rough Riders for one year.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2020, 12:23 PM   #97
calgaryred
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
No has to be Roughriders

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
calgaryred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 12:27 PM   #98
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
If the Ontario government continues with their "no contact sports" policy, the Leafs and Senators might need to find new homes for the season.

I was thinking Ottawa could move to Quebec City and Toronto could move to Saskatoon. A switch to the Roughriders name would work there.
Old 10-15-2020, 12:30 PM   #99
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Calgary RedGolds
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 12:35 PM   #100
Icon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post