Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I like retribution
Crown Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 12:45 PM   #2502
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

WWE has announced that Tegan Nox has torn her ACL. If this is a work, its a weird injury to work with because of the time line of a recovery.

If its real, its tremendously gutting as she's suffered two major knee injuries.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 02:04 PM   #2503
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
WWE has announced that Tegan Nox has torn her ACL. If this is a work, its a weird injury to work with because of the time line of a recovery.

If its real, its tremendously gutting as she's suffered two major knee injuries.
From what I am reading WWE just confirmed the rumor that she tore her ACL, and didn't just outright announce it. So, unfortunately it doesn't appear to be a work.
Old 10-01-2020, 09:17 AM   #2504
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

WWE confirmed the injury and that's she's already undergone surgery, its the third major knee injury for her, which makes the road back really hard.

I'm a fan of her's just because of her perseverance and love of the business, plus she's a big enormous nerd.

I'm hoping she can overcome a bigger hill this time.

Old 10-01-2020, 05:56 PM   #2505
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I have a ton of respect for Nox and very much appreciate her, I'm just not much of a fan because of the whole Lady Kane thing, it only makes her look bad anytime she tries to choke slam someone.
Old 10-02-2020, 12:11 AM   #2506
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

What an absolute garbage organization.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/20...rd-party-deals

Quote:
“In September, McMahon issued an edict instructing talent that they can no longer engage with third parties. The company later clarified the edict, stating that talent could maintain Twitch and YouTube accounts under their real names, however they would still need to inform the company of those accounts.

Wrestling Inc. has also learned that talent were told this week that the company will be taking control of their Twitch accounts in four weeks. WWE will own those accounts, however talent will receive a percentage of the revenue, which counts against their downside guarantees.
Honestly, if AEW pulled this kind of #### with their talent, I wouldn't give them a single penny more of my money.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 01:57 AM   #2507
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
What an absolute garbage organization.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/20...rd-party-deals

Honestly, if AEW pulled this kind of #### with their talent, I wouldn't give them a single penny more of my money.
Ya I hope they push back on this, that's insane

Also how does this not lead to a lawsuit about the independent contractor bs
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to d_phaneuf For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2020, 07:11 PM   #2508
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Yes Ember Moon is back!!!

Old 10-04-2020, 09:22 PM   #2509
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

sounds like Balor broke his face tonight and O'Reilly is being evaluated. What a physical match that was.

Old 10-15-2020, 02:43 PM   #2510
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Interesting look at the Wednesday Night Wars numbers for AEW and NXT

https://nodq.com/news/604799569.shtml

AEW has slid from their heights of over a million people to one of their worst rated shows since July, and I believe this week was their one year anniversary show.

NXT dropped nearly 100,000 viewers since last week.

This can't be written off to NBA basketball, baseball might have taken a bite, though I have my doubts about it.

Chris Jericho has become strangely quiet about the ratings.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2020, 03:11 PM   #2511
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

I still don't get the appeal for AEW and with so little else to do I watch it every week. Guess I listen to Jim Cornette too often.

Really the only interesting/fresh takes in wrestling right now is Roman and Bayley/Sasha. I think I'd like NXT more if they showed the entire show live on Wednesday as opposed to the one hour version on Friday's. Drew/Orton has been okay... but don't see the need for it to continue. Both have done fine work overall, just why does Orton keep getting rematches when he's lost twice already? I'm looking forward to Bryan returning, although I really miss heel Bryan.

I find it somewhat funny that Lana is going for the title and has somewhat of a story going, meanwhile Rusev/Miro is being bogged down in the midcard out in AEWland. Maybe that'll change, but doesn't appear to be anytime soon.

I enjoy some of the optics in AEW like the win/loss records and matches seem to matter more. But then again it seems like anyone can get a title shot at times, and win/loss record really is irrelevant.

Also I know this is nitpicking, but does anyone notice that WWE guys and guys who were once in WWE are all in better shape athletically and just look the part. I know ascetics play a small role. But whenever I watch AEW most of the wrestlers come off as tiny or out of shape compared to their WWE counterparts. Even recent WWE performers like FTR, Miro, Hagger, and Spears are just in better shape than most.
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 11:40 PM   #2512
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Interesting look at the Wednesday Night Wars numbers for AEW and NXT

https://nodq.com/news/604799569.shtml

AEW has slid from their heights of over a million people to one of their worst rated shows since July, and I believe this week was their one year anniversary show.

NXT dropped nearly 100,000 viewers since last week.

This can't be written off to NBA basketball, baseball might have taken a bite, though I have my doubts about it.

Chris Jericho has become strangely quiet about the ratings.
Eh, those are still ratings and demo numbers that TNT and AEW will be happy to take.

There are some things I've been annoyed with lately. Cody coming back with a new look and everything just to end up being the same old Cody was stupid. I also didn't like him going over Brodie Lee so quickly. I would have had Brodie destroy the entire Nightmare Family for weeks and then make Cody run the entire Dark Order gauntlet before he faced the final boss.

I think a few things that are plaguing AEW right now is a lack of continuity and unpredictability. For instance, whole Kenny/Young Bucks angle that happened right after Omega and Page lost the tag titles ended up going nowhere.

In terms of unpredictability, I haven't felt like there have been any surprise winners since Brodie Lee demolished Cody. I guess Orange Cassidy going over Jericho twice kind of counts, but that was always what the smart booking should have been.

Now we're getting a big 4-way tag match next week where The Young Bucks are obviously going over to set up a match with FTR and a tournament that looks like it's obviously going to be Hangman vs. Kenny in the finals. I could be wrong and maybe they pull a swerve, but that's what it looks like to me.

The only storyline that has me particularly interested at the moment is the MJF/Jericho stuff.

I also have no idea why they're running Sammy Guevara vs. Matt Hardy again. Just let Sammy go over and move him onto bigger and better things.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2020, 10:27 PM   #2513
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1317298241793368070
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KelVarnsen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2020, 12:43 PM   #2514
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

I love the new Roman. Like his cousin Dwayne he just oozes charisma. I think in many ways he's better, as he is playing this serious role to perfection. He could be a movie star himself in a few years if he chose to. The Rock is a better face and getting the crowd into the match, but Roman is making this role his own. I wonder how much input Heyman has in his new character?

Loved the ending to the match with Braun. Sort of took that from AEW with the chokeout submission. Although it has hard to listen to Braun try and breathe after the match. Added some realism to the finish. Dunno what direction they'll take with Braun, but a long feud with Lee will do him some good.

Also looking forward to the Rollins/Bryan feud; it's obvious, and glad they chose to go in that direction. I do not like Lars Sullivan, I don't think anyone does (other than Vinnie Mac). I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt as well. Just with all the stuff going on outside the ring and how they've built his character I don't want to see him go over much of the roster. Keep him away from the Universal Title picture please.
Old 10-19-2020, 11:01 PM   #2515
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

The whole Retribution angle is hot trash, and I think they realize it now. They lumped in the hacker storyline so people would stop asking about it. They got jobbed out twice tonight to Hurt Business and then dismantled by Bray. Just awful, you get the feeling that the whole angle will be swept under the rug in a short while.

I feel bad for all those involved. It might have saved Martinez's career to have been taken out of that faction.

SmackDown is just flat out better than Raw. In every way imaginable. Hard to believe since Vince prefers Raw and tries to stack talent there. I bet he'll try and move Roman over sooner rather than later.
Old 10-20-2020, 09:05 AM   #2516
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Retribution is bad and even Ali's promo was a mash of "Stuff" last night. We're the poor and abused, I'm the hacker, I was held down because of my name. Pick a lane and stick to it. I can't believe that they stuck Mia in this and have given her nothing to do at all. I did laugh when the brawl started last night and all she could do was leave the ring.

I did a lot of fast forwarding last night. I'm so done with Otis and Tucker, its so dumb, and so beneath Miz and Morrison who are exceptional, but even they can't make those two good.

Loving the Bliss/Fiend story, she just makes him better, and its cool that we now know this was happening back in July, with Bray showing off the Alexa Doll in the FFH.

DM and Orton continue to knock it out of the park.

The Woman's division and especially the tag team division is just a hot mess, and I think Lana's push isn't really a push at all, but a punishment "We're going to get a massive sloppy wrestler who hurts people and " snicker" "Lana she'll be putting you through a table every week".

Old 10-20-2020, 04:44 PM   #2517
MacFlame
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Retribution is bad and even Ali's promo was a mash of "Stuff" last night. We're the poor and abused, I'm the hacker, I was held down because of my name. Pick a lane and stick to it. I can't believe that they stuck Mia in this and have given her nothing to do at all. I did laugh when the brawl started last night and all she could do was leave the ring.

I did a lot of fast forwarding last night. I'm so done with Otis and Tucker, its so dumb, and so beneath Miz and Morrison who are exceptional, but even they can't make those two good.

Loving the Bliss/Fiend story, she just makes him better, and its cool that we now know this was happening back in July, with Bray showing off the Alexa Doll in the FFH.

DM and Orton continue to knock it out of the park.

The Woman's division and especially the tag team division is just a hot mess, and I think Lana's push isn't really a push at all, but a punishment "We're going to get a massive sloppy wrestler who hurts people and " snicker" "Lana she'll be putting you through a table every week".
Who was I supposed to be cheering for last night between Retribution and the Hurt business? We're having matches between heels now? Is that it? Or did I miss somewhere where one of those two became babyface?

Agreed on the Fiend. Alexa adds so much to that storyline.

Could not disagree more on the Orton/DM feud. Orton is about a generic of a character as it comes. A good heel character needs to be a good blend of a-hole and chicken bleep. Orton is good at the former, terrible at the latter. What's to hate about a character that is good at wrestling and mean about it? Yeah, I don't get it. Every good heel character needs to "hide" behind something..Orton doesn't do that at all..never has. I've literally hated every feud with him in it. He's boring.

The show needs more Miz and Morrison. Both guys are so hateable...they need to win more matches that they have no business winning to start drawing more heat.

Lana should be winning matches to push storylines imo. She so hateable. Put the strap on her and have the women chase her for the title, and lose due to nothing but sheer luck or her "smarts" (think Andy Kauffman style). The woman's division needs a good heel right now.

Last edited by MacFlame; 10-20-2020 at 04:49 PM.
MacFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 06:28 PM   #2518
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Santina > Lana
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 08:29 PM   #2519
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Think that was the better episodes of Dynamite in quite some time. They simplified the booking and got back to doing what AEW does best in terms of in-ring storytelling.

They also finally seem to have figured out how to book Omega. Hopefully they slow burn his eventual feud with Moxley.
Old 10-21-2020, 08:44 PM   #2520
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

That Jericho/MJF segment.

My head has exploded.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post: