Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2020, 07:51 PM   #761
chummer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stauner View Post
Up yours Carroll
Seriously?
chummer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 07:55 PM   #762
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Im actually surprised they didnt collapse at the end...but its kind of what they have done to win all year.

Early lines

Date & Time Favorite Spread Underdog Total Money Odds
1/19 3:05 ET At Kansas City -7.5 Tennessee 51.5 -$350 +$280
1/19 6:40 ET At San Francisco -7 Green Bay 45.5 -$330 +$270

I rarely bet on Packer games, but if i was....im laying the points. On both home teams actually.
Old 01-12-2020, 07:59 PM   #763
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Titans vs Packers Superbowl, I will fight my wife!
Luder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Luder For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2020, 08:00 PM   #764
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

GB defense in the 2nd half looked like their defence of recent times with no pass rush and open recievers everywhere. Hopefully this means the end of Obese mode, he can now retire for good with any luck
dirk diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 08:01 PM   #765
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Rodgers is the better QB than Jimmy G, so it's a good bet to make.
ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ForeverFlameFan For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2020, 08:21 PM   #766
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can't see any way GB beats that Niners squad.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2020, 08:36 PM   #767
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I really hope it ends with either Tannehill returning to Miami to win it all, or the Chiefs play the 49ers and Dee Ford lines up offside again to keep the Chiefs game winning drive alive.
Old 01-12-2020, 08:43 PM   #768
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
I really hope it ends with either Tannehill returning to Miami to win it all, or the Chiefs play the 49ers and Dee Ford lines up offside again to keep the Chiefs game winning drive alive.
Those are both hilarious.

Honestly, Rodgers against either the Chiefs or Titans would be a hell of a lot of fun and I wouldn't really have to cheer against anyone, which is a plus. But I feel like I need to stick with what I said last night: after giving the ball to Henry for a TD pass, the Titans deserve the Super Bowl.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2020, 08:52 PM   #769
Stauner
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chummer View Post
Seriously?
Offence is taken not given, sorry snowflake
Stauner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 09:01 PM   #770
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Fell behind in the 4th, just finished. He was definitely short at the end there... but good to see a Big Play Jimmy playoff reappearance. Happy for Rodgers too. I'll give Wilson and the Seahawks credit, they always seem to hang around and get back in games.

Agreed that I just don't want it to be Niners winning (it probably will be)... I'm fine with any of the rest.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 09:33 PM   #771
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
Damn too little too late. Typical Hawks loss this season. The O gets off to a slow start and the D can’t make any big stops.
Tonight, couldn’t get off the field in 2nd half with the third downs.
I’ve given Wilson hassle the last number of year, but he did it all this season, and really was right up there as MVP considering how much he did with the little he had to work with at the end. Too bad the team left it too late in many of the losses. The corners let them down, tonight on defense, as the only score the packers had in the second half was an inexcusable TD RAC.

But, all that said, even with similar bad losses to these vs Ari and LAR in December, they were inches short vs SF in the last game. That goes the other way, Seattle gets the bye and the 2nd seed, has one less game to play, likely play SF tonight in Seattle after SF would’ve played Philly last week, and it well could’ve been Seattle GB next week in Seattle...by just gaining a few more inches n the last play in that game.

Secondary, TE, and another WR are offseason priorities, assuming they’re going to stick with the same RBs they had, and have to figure out what to do with Clowney.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 10:00 PM   #772
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

Brutal decision to trust the D at the end by Carroll. 4th and 11, give Russ a chance with 3 mins to go. Even if you don't get it you give Packer the ball in somewhat FG range, they wouldn't have have been as aggressive trying to get 1st downs.

Oh well, on to next year, need big time help on OL and secondary along with getting Clowney re-signed and finding another pass rusher opposite him. Hopefully Carson and Penney come back roaring next year, really missed not having any kind of run game minus Russ' scrambles.
Da_Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 11:41 PM   #773
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

All is right in the sporting world. No superbowl for whiner crybaby Pete Carroll! Sorry Seanucks fans!
Old 01-13-2020, 07:02 AM   #774
MRCboicgy
Referee

Exp:

100th anniversary of the NFL, so GB vs KC would be rather apropos, given the history.
Old 01-13-2020, 07:04 AM   #775
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have to admit I love Carroll's commitment. Despite the fact that the spot was correct he was passionately whining about it like it was the worst spot of all time and they got robbed. I can't wait for them to sign Antonio Brown in the offseason.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 07:20 AM   #776
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Schottenheimer lost that game for the Seahawks with his typical "I have to run it a bunch or else" philosophy. Kinda feels like Wilson's career is slightly being wasted with such a conservative approach. Would be fun to see him on a Andy Reid team.

Last edited by Senator Clay Davis; 01-13-2020 at 07:22 AM.
Senator Clay Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 09:32 AM   #777
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCboicgy View Post
100th anniversary of the NFL, so GB vs KC would be rather apropos, given the history.

Worried NFL will try to make this happen. First ever super bowl was between these teams too.
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 10:17 AM   #778
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

The difference between KC and Baltimore, is that eventually the rest of the players on the Chiefs did wake up, and gave the QB some support in making plays to get the team back in the game. The Ravens entire team never really seemed to be able to get themselves in gear to help Jackson out. The other thing is that Mahomes can make every throw that you want a NFL quarterback to make, and he's athletic enough to run for yards when he has to in order to move the chains. Jackson is a better runner by far, but as was noted yesterday he's still not a great thrower of the ball, particularly those throws to the side lines. So when your other guys let you down in the middle of the field and the other running back went down, he was a lot more limited in being able to get his team back in the game. Whereas the Chiefs were able to use their play makers with Mahomes to get themselves back in the game.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sylvanfan For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2020, 10:46 AM   #779
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Texans year end summary.

Despite my tough talk yesterday, I did allow myself a few minutes to imagine going to an AFC championship game. Those thoughts were short lived.

Lots of talk today about O'Brein's decisions on 4th down. Personally I didn't have an issue with either at the time. On 4th and 1, they were up 21-0 and everything going their way. A gimme FG and you keep the pressure on. A 4th down stop gives the Chiefs renewed life. So at the time, I liked the FG.

The fake punt. The Chiefs had just scored a TD as if your defense wasn't even on the field. As the coach, you had to be very uneasy about how easily they scored. Then you go 3 and out, and you start to feel you're losing control of the game. But as usual, the Texans can't execute.

I understand why some don't like those calls but in any case, the defense couldn't stop anything so no 4th down call makes a difference. The Texans were beat badly.

O'Brien is a very average coach. I look around the AFC and I don't see many coaches I'd prefer, but it's also clear he's not the guy to take this team to the next level. Plus, the guy is an absolute jerk and people that work there have to walk on eggshells around him.

To make matters worse, he insists Romeo Crennel is returning next year. He was so exposed in that game I hope that was just tough talk.

THe problem with the Texans is at the very top and they are owned by an empty suit. Cal McNair won't be firing O'Brien and the only real hope we have as a Texans fan is that they hire a legitimate GM. But it seems most likely they try again to hire Nick Caserio from the Patriots and I don't know if he can handle O'Brien.

I'm grateful the Texans are competitive and a consistent playoff team. But the fans are turning indifferent as they don't see progression and it all points back to O'Brien.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 10:48 AM   #780
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

I dunno, I miss the Patriots in the playoffs, how about you guys?
Cheese is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cheese For This Useful Post: