Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2019, 09:24 AM   #61
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Appreciate the updates Roof_Daddy, Tigers fan here since the Lysiak and McDonald days in the early 70s. Nice to see WillieD having success behind the bench.
dash_pinched is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dash_pinched For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2019, 05:27 PM   #62
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samonadreau View Post
Is this actually true?
From what I've heard its a #### show because of Brockman. Nobody wants to play in Swift Current. Jamie (or as people call him Butter) confronted Brockman and other cosches about it. He was fired for it.

The people of Swift Current are outraged, you won't find anybody (from past players to people who worked for the organization) say anything bad about Butter. Hes so loved by Swift Current, he has a street named after him outside the arena.

You got rid of the one guy left that actually cares about the kids? What a horrible decision.

Last edited by Drake; 12-06-2019 at 06:02 PM.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Drake For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2019, 08:35 PM   #63
Samonadreau
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
From what I've heard its a #### show because of Brockman. Nobody wants to play in Swift Current. Jamie (or as people call him Butter) confronted Brockman and other cosches about it. He was fired for it.

The people of Swift Current are outraged, you won't find anybody (from past players to people who worked for the organization) say anything bad about Butter. Hes so loved by Swift Current, he has a street named after him outside the arena.

You got rid of the one guy left that actually cares about the kids? What a horrible decision.
Wow, just 2 years out from being WHL champs, thats brutal.
Samonadreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 11:26 AM   #64
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

I see the Tigers eked out a 4-3 shootout win over the Hurricanes in Lethbridge last night. Tough game back in the Hat tonight against Everett who are playing some great hockey this season.
Old 12-07-2019, 12:20 PM   #65
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tigers vs. Silvertips...

The top two teams in the league in win percentage currently, and two of the three WHL teams ranked in the CHL top 10 this week.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 12:26 PM   #66
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1203390294064074752
Old 12-07-2019, 01:22 PM   #67
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_pinched View Post
The Tigers don't though...geez

I heard Presuizo and Longo to Vancouver, a D and a F coming back to the Tigers, not sure who though.

Last edited by Roof-Daddy; 12-07-2019 at 01:25 PM.
Old 12-07-2019, 01:30 PM   #68
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
General Manager Barclay Parneta announced today that the Vancouver Giants have acquired 1999-born forward Tyler Preziuso (Victoria, BC), 2000-born defenceman Trevor Longo (North Vancouver, BC), a 2020 first-round draft pick and a conditional fifth-round draft pick in 2021 from the Medicine Hat Tigers. In return the Vancouver Giants have traded 1999-born defenceman Dylan Plouffe, 2001-born forward Lukas Svejkovsky, a 2020 third-round pick and a conditional 2021 third-round pick back to Medicine Hat.
Giants Acquire Preziuso, Longo and a 2020 First-Round Pick In A Blockbuster Trade with Medicine Hat
Old 12-07-2019, 01:33 PM   #69
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

What do you think, Roof_Daddy, good trade for the Tigers?!? Don't like giving up the first round pick, but it definitely looks like the Tigers are all-in this season.
Old 12-07-2019, 01:41 PM   #70
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah it's a good trade for a team loading up to go on a deep run.

Plouffe is far better than Longo and probably the Tigers best all round Dman instantly, and that is worth downgrading Preziuso to Svejkovsky because the Tigers already have a ridiculously deep forward group, and Svejkovsky is only 18 (two years younger than Prez) and has lots of room to grow.

The Giants get to shake up an underperforming roster, and get another 1st so if the team turns it around they have ammo to go big game hunting at the dead line.

Last edited by Roof-Daddy; 12-07-2019 at 01:43 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2019, 09:38 PM   #71
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh my, Everett is clownstomping the Tigers 5-0 in the 3rd period tonight.
Old 12-07-2019, 10:33 PM   #72
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yep. #6 in the country for good reason.

Tigers maybe a bit shell shocked from the trade? Who knows. They'll get back on a roll I'm sure
Old 12-11-2019, 10:40 AM   #73
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think the Tigers were a little irked from that 5-0 pasting they received from Everett so they decided to take it out on Saskatoon last night thumping the Blades 11-3
Old 12-11-2019, 09:46 PM   #74
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_pinched View Post
I think the Tigers were a little irked from that 5-0 pasting they received from Everett so they decided to take it out on Saskatoon last night thumping the Blades 11-3
They thumped PA 8-4 tonight too. Tigers are emerging ad clear favorites in the east IMO. Can't wait to see them face off more against the OKs

Canes started their stretch with Cozens, Okuliar and Addison tonight. They managed to still beat Red Deer 4-2 despite missing 3 of their best players. Next three games are against the Hitmen though, I don't expect that to go very well for the Canes.
The Following User Says Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2019, 10:32 AM   #75
brocoli
Scoring Winger

Exp:

The Canes played sloppy last night. This will be a trying time over the next stretch as they don't seem to have the forwards to control the play. I still like their D and their G has been a pleasant surprise so far. I don't hold out a lot of hope for this next bit, but a lot of teams would hurt losing their 3 top point scorers. Hopefully Anholt has something going to try and help the team through
brocoli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 10:38 AM   #76
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocoli View Post
The Canes played sloppy last night. This will be a trying time over the next stretch as they don't seem to have the forwards to control the play. I still like their D and their G has been a pleasant surprise so far. I don't hold out a lot of hope for this next bit, but a lot of teams would hurt losing their 3 top point scorers. Hopefully Anholt has something going to try and help the team through
I don't think there really is much he can do without expending assets that they should really hold onto.

I sure wish he had never traded Franklin away though, as he'd be an overage forward much more suited to carry the team through this spell than Jerome, but that's a long time ago now.

Thankfully they've built up a huge cushion for a playoff spot, and this next stretch will be a good test and growing opportunity for guys like Barlage, Boyko and the rest of the 16-18 year olds that will have to carry this team next year when Cozens, Okuliar and Addison are truly gone.

How did McCutcheon look last night brocoli? He's sort of been billed as the next Addison, so it's nice to have him with the team getting some games in as a 15yo.
Old 12-12-2019, 11:17 AM   #77
brocoli
Scoring Winger

Exp:

It's such a jump being 15 and playing against 18 year olds. He looked small and I felt as though he played small. There was one shift in particular where he was puck watching as the d-man in front of the net and lost his man but was bailed out by Thompson.

I trust that they will continue to give him sheltered minutes, but he has lots of growing left to do and it needs to happen sooner to have the strength to be a d-main in this league
brocoli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 11:41 AM   #78
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocoli View Post
It's such a jump being 15 and playing against 18 year olds. He looked small and I felt as though he played small. There was one shift in particular where he was puck watching as the d-man in front of the net and lost his man but was bailed out by Thompson.

I trust that they will continue to give him sheltered minutes, but he has lots of growing left to do and it needs to happen sooner to have the strength to be a d-main in this league
Yeah, it's one thing being young in the WHL, it's a whole other thing being young and tiny. I remember Addison being realy tentative as 16 and 17 year old as well. Especially when it was time to go to the tough areas like in the corners or in front of the net. You could always see his elite skating abd puck handling abilities though, and knew he was going to turn into something.
Old 12-12-2019, 11:56 AM   #79
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
Yeah, it's one thing being young in the WHL, it's a whole other thing being young and tiny. I remember Addison being realy tentative as 16 and 17 year old as well. Especially when it was time to go to the tough areas like in the corners or in front of the net. You could always see his elite skating abd puck handling abilities though, and knew he was going to turn into something.
What do you think about Stringer? I agree with Addison, you could see right away that he was going to be a difference maker. Same with Cozens when he came up late in the season and made an impact in the playoffs as a 16 year old. You knew he was going to be good.

I'm not sold on Stringer. I see some good skills but whenever I see him he seems slow and not really a strong skater.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 12:00 PM   #80
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

One thing I wanted to share about the 'Canes 4-3 SO loss to the Tigers.

The Tigers' scratches sat behind me. They seemed to love Longo.

But that's not what I wanted to share... these days kids are calling the power play a "peeper". ?WTF?!??!? Just stick with the slang my generation came up with and make yourselves look smart!
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote