Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-14-2019, 10:34 AM   #1641
Top Shelf
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Just finished up Gears 5 on the Game Pass, pretty good game. I enjoyed the open world aspects quite a bit. Highly recommended
Top Shelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 11:49 AM   #1642
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://www.pcgamesn.com/microsoft-f...alpha-starting

Quote:
Players can soon strap-in and take flight as alpha testing for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 will be open twice between now and the end of November. Sign-ups for the first-round will end next week, with confirmation arriving October 17 before gameplay starts October 24. The dates for the November session are still to be determined.

If the actual flying isn’t enough to tantalize you, the team have started a subscriber-only vlog series for pilots who sign up to be part of Microsoft Flight Simulator’s Insider Program. The videos, entitled ‘Feature Discovery’, explore the creation and development of the latest installment of the popular piloting sim.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to White Out 403 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2019, 05:34 PM   #1643
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
HOTAS is dusted off and amazon shipped the pedals today.

I'm ready
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 11:15 AM   #1644
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

The new Apex Legends map is quite a bit more fun then the first one. That said, the game is still only fun if you have someone to play with.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 02:02 PM   #1645
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
Just finished up Gears 5 on the Game Pass, pretty good game. I enjoyed the open world aspects quite a bit. Highly recommended
I've got to get back to it. I think I'm about 60% of the way through. It is really good, and damn do I love the fact Microsoft is putting all their in-house games onto GamePass at launch.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ComixZone For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2019, 08:10 PM   #1646
AltaGuy
AltaGuy has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
The new Apex Legends map is quite a bit more fun then the first one. That said, the game is still only fun if you have someone to play with.
I play solo most of the time, but I fully agree. Hit me up in PMs if you want a squadmate.
AltaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AltaGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2019, 10:02 AM   #1647
Old Yeller
First Line Centre

Exp:

Anybody played Disco Elysium yet? Any first impressions?

It just came out for PC a few days ago and the reviews are pretty glowing.
Old Yeller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Old Yeller For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2019, 10:44 PM   #1648
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Yeller View Post
Anybody played Disco Elysium yet? Any first impressions?

It just came out for PC a few days ago and the reviews are pretty glowing.
I tried it tonight. It plays a lot like a point-and-click adventure. The dialog depends a lot on skill checks and you’re often struggling with your subconscious. It’s really well written and your choices are extremely varied. I laughed at the dirtbag responses your character can give.

The action is done through dialog choices; what happens depends on your stats. I took a swing at a kid, failed the skill check, and landed on my face.

I recommend it if you like CRPGs set in dark, dystopian world, like the first Fallout.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2019, 06:51 AM   #1649
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
Yeah Gears 5 was pretty good. Pretty game too. I'm enjoying Borderlands 3 but it's buggy as hell on XB1. Anytime there's a lot of action on the screen my XB1 shuts down from overheating. Supposedly it was fixed by a patch but I still have the issue. That said I don't know if my version updated correctly because it keeps telling me there's an update available when I go to quit the game but there's not. Frustrating.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 10:58 AM   #1650
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Fallout: New Vegas is on GamePass now -- it's the only one of the new Fallout games I haven't tried, and a lot of people swear it's the best. Only got to try about 20 minutes last night, but hoping it's great!
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 11:07 AM   #1651
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
Fallout: New Vegas is on GamePass now -- it's the only one of the new Fallout games I haven't tried, and a lot of people swear it's the best. Only got to try about 20 minutes last night, but hoping it's great!
It’s considered the best of the 3D Fallout games. I had major issues with game-breaking bugs so I never finished it. Hopefully that’s fixed now.

The same developers have a new game coming out next week, The Outer Worlds. It’ll be free on Game Pass as well. It definitely has a New Vegas feel with a sci-fi setting. I’m pretty excited for it.
Old 10-18-2019, 11:34 AM   #1652
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
It’s considered the best of the 3D Fallout games. I had major issues with game-breaking bugs so I never finished it. Hopefully that’s fixed now.

The same developers have a new game coming out next week, The Outer Worlds. It’ll be free on Game Pass as well. It definitely has a New Vegas feel with a sci-fi setting. I’m pretty excited for it.
Yep I've got my eye on that one too, looks pretty good and with Game Pass, why not?
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 03:41 AM   #1653
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Paradox just announced Crusader Kings 3! Comes out next year, can't wait
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2019, 08:12 PM   #1654
Old Yeller
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
I tried it tonight. It plays a lot like a point-and-click adventure. The dialog depends a lot on skill checks and you’re often struggling with your subconscious. It’s really well written and your choices are extremely varied. I laughed at the dirtbag responses your character can give.

The action is done through dialog choices; what happens depends on your stats. I took a swing at a kid, failed the skill check, and landed on my face.

I recommend it if you like CRPGs set in dark, dystopian world, like the first Fallout.
The funny thing is I've never been a huge Fallout fan but I picked this up and I'm loving it. You're right, it's really well written, I don't think I've enjoyed dialogue in a video game this much in a long time, some of the responses actually have me laughing out loud.

The fact you're such a #### up detective somehow makes it more immersive for me.
Old Yeller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Old Yeller For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2019, 09:59 PM   #1655
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Yeller View Post
The funny thing is I've never been a huge Fallout fan but I picked this up and I'm loving it. You're right, it's really well written, I don't think I've enjoyed dialogue in a video game this much in a long time, some of the responses actually have me laughing out loud.

The fact you're such a #### up detective somehow makes it more immersive for me.
Have you met Measurehead yet? That interaction was interesting. I now have to internalize Advanced Race Theory in the Thought Cabinet so I can speak to him again. What a cool game mechanic.
Old 10-23-2019, 01:20 PM   #1656
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Outer Worlds is getting pretty positive reviews. Sounds like an RPG similar to Fallout but some improvements which makes sense given some of the developers worked on previous Fallout games.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 01:47 PM   #1657
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
The Outer Worlds is getting pretty positive reviews. Sounds like an RPG similar to Fallout but some improvements which makes sense given some of the developers worked on previous Fallout games.
That's great news. I'm excited for this one and one of the reviewers that I trust gave it a really positive review this morning as well, so now I'm more excited. Just got to finish Breath of the Wild first...
mikephoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 05:37 PM   #1658
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Bethesda trying to set up a us$100 a year subscription plan for Fallout 76 one of the dumbest things I've seen a developer do in some time.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Resolute 14 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2019, 05:51 PM   #1659
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
Bethesda trying to set up a us$100 a year subscription plan for Fallout 76 one of the dumbest things I've seen a developer do in some time.
These idiots are really gung-ho to make multiplayer as awful an experience as possible, aren't they?
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 06:26 PM   #1660
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Humble Bundle Monthly is turning into Humble Choice. You'll get to see what games will be available for that month and pick up to 10 games depending on your plan.

I made the mistake of cancelling my subscription last month hoping I would get another coupon to stay but ended up with nothing so hopefully next month's plan has something I want so I can lock into the classic plan.

https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly/classic
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote