Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-10-2019, 06:09 PM   #9301
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Speaking of fast food, what the hell happened to the Tim's on 52nd and 72nd in foothills industrial? It was pretty efficient for the longest time and I've never encountered more than 6 cars or so in the drive thru before 6am.

This week I went twice, both times around 5:45am and there was rush hour style 12-17 cars and the line didn't move for like 5 minutes. Getting to the window it seemed they must have suddenly turned over half their staff or something.

Both times I was greeted with "What was you order?". It's a ****show this week.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 06:14 PM   #9302
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainYooh View Post
We probably do, but honestly, it's not even all about the blatant money grab for me. I've replaced my MS-Office-2013 by purchasing a new MS-Office 2019 for $169 using my wife's teacher discount. It's not pocket change, but thank G-d, I can afford $169. Point is, my Office-2013 worked just fine, no issues or complaints! And it simply stopped working, done, garbage as soon as I downloaded Catalina.

I paid for my CS-6 and LR-6 software and both programs worked just fine on Mojave; doing all I need them to do for me. Again, Catalina made them completely unusable. What's worse, after I pretty much had to buy monthly subscriptions for $10US/month (again, thanks to the educational discount); neither program would install on Catalina. Adobe still needs to get up-to-speed with it.

And most importantly, the risk. One wrong keystroke during downgrading procedure and I could have lost all of my data probably. Google Catalina to read the outcry all over Internet... Is this the right and considerate way to implement a new operating system for a dominant market player?

No arguments that Apple dropping 32-bit app support so suddenly is ridiculous, that's why I don't buy their products. They design their products to fit with how they think they should be used, not how people actually use them
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 06:14 PM   #9303
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainYooh View Post
We probably do, but honestly, it's not even all about the blatant money grab for me. I've replaced my MS-Office-2013 by purchasing a new MS-Office 2019 for $169 using my wife's teacher discount. It's not pocket change, but thank G-d, I can afford $169. Point is, my Office-2013 worked just fine, no issues or complaints! And it simply stopped working, done, garbage as soon as I downloaded Catalina.

I paid for my CS-6 and LR-6 software and both programs worked just fine on Mojave; doing all I need them to do for me. Again, Catalina made them completely unusable. What's worse, after I pretty much had to buy monthly subscriptions for $10US/month (again, thanks to the educational discount); neither program would install on Catalina. Adobe still needs to get up-to-speed with it.

And most importantly, the risk. One wrong keystroke during downgrading procedure and I could have lost all of my data probably. Google Catalina to read the outcry all over Internet... Is this the right and considerate way to implement a new operating system for a dominant market player?
I'm not sure what you expect Apple to do. They switched to 64-bit just like Microsoft did with Windows and it makes 32-bit apps incompatible. It's up to the developer to make them compatible, not Apple.
DownInFlames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 06:19 PM   #9304
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

What an Apple thing to do, going to 64 bit like 8 years after the rest of the market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 06:22 PM   #9305
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
I'm not sure what you expect Apple to do. They switched to 64-bit just like Microsoft did with Windows and it makes 32-bit apps incompatible. It's up to the developer to make them compatible, not Apple.
Microsoft never dropped support for 32-bit apps, and won't do so anytime soon. This is simply Apple cutting development costs by dropping 32-bit support
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2019, 06:25 PM   #9306
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
What an Apple thing to do, going to 64 bit like 8 years after the rest of the market.

That's not true actually, all they're doing is dropping 32-bit support. MacOS has had a 64-bit kernel since 10.6 Snow Leopard
Old 10-10-2019, 06:54 PM   #9307
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I know you guys are saying english words, but I don't recognize any of them.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2019, 08:44 PM   #9308
81MC
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Loose, baggy socks. SMH.
Old 10-11-2019, 12:13 AM   #9309
TheSutterDynasty
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Speaking of fast food, what the hell happened to the Tim's on 52nd and 72nd in foothills industrial? It was pretty efficient for the longest time and I've never encountered more than 6 cars or so in the drive thru before 6am.

This week I went twice, both times around 5:45am and there was rush hour style 12-17 cars and the line didn't move for like 5 minutes. Getting to the window it seemed they must have suddenly turned over half their staff or something.

Both times I was greeted with "What was you order?". It's a ****show this week.
Why the hell would you go to a place with garbage food if they have 6 cars in the drive thru, let alone 12-17. (nothing personal, I just hate waiting)

I don't understand the Tim Horton's "cult". ####ty breakfast food is so easy to come by. Or just make some toast?
Old 10-11-2019, 01:41 AM   #9310
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

Haha yeah Tim’s sucks. Complaining about their drive through line is like complaining you have to wait for a table at Olive Garden.
Old 10-11-2019, 01:43 AM   #9311
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Getting upset where people choose to eat or get coffee is super weird. Who gives a #### where someone gets coffee and/or breakfast in the morning? Long line ups and untrained staff are a legit gear grinder, especially at that hour.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2019, 08:44 AM   #9312
TheSutterDynasty
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Getting upset where people choose to eat or get coffee is super weird. Who gives a #### where someone gets coffee and/or breakfast in the morning? Long line ups and untrained staff are a legit gear grinder, especially at that hour.
Yea, I feel really bad since coffee and stale donuts are so hard to come by that you have to wake up 30 minutes early to sit in a line to get them.

Or flick on a coffee maker at home and butter a bagel. I just saved you your entire complaint and about $100 a month.
Old 10-11-2019, 09:03 AM   #9313
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I drink Tim's coffee so I don't have a vendetta against the company but I can't ignore that their food quality may be worse than the hot/cold food sitting in 7-Eleven all day. I just don't understand why Canadians think eating there for breakfast every day is a good idea. Americans wouldn't even eat this food.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 09:09 AM   #9314
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Just an FYI for anyone that doesn't know, if you work an office job and your company has a corporate Office 365 subscription, each licensed user is able to install all of the Office apps on up to 5 computers. Adobe lets you install on 2 computers, so if your work pays for a subscription to Acrobat or Photoshop you can install it on your home machine as well
That must have changed within the last year? Last I looked it was 2 installs and now it says.
Detected installs: 2
You can install Office on up to 5 PCs or Macs, 5 tablets, and 5 smartphones.

Good to know.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 09:38 AM   #9315
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
It is a gear grinder when you have a group of people in the car, and one passenger always has to stop for Tim's. Ever go skiing with someone who has to stop at Tim's on the way out, and the way home?
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2019, 09:41 AM   #9316
Locke
ness Monster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
It is a gear grinder when you have a group of people in the car, and one passenger always has to stop for Tim's. Ever go skiing with someone who has to stop at Tim's on the way out, and the way home?
No.
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2019, 10:21 AM   #9317
stone hands
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSutterDynasty View Post
Yea, I feel really bad since coffee and stale donuts are so hard to come by that you have to wake up 30 minutes early to sit in a line to get them.

Or flick on a coffee maker at home and butter a bagel. I just saved you your entire complaint and about $100 a month.
to calculate a weekly expense compounded over ten years, multiply the price by 752, for a monthly expense, multiply by 173

$17300 in burnt coffee and stale breakfast sandwiches, yummy
stone hands is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stone hands For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2019, 10:30 AM   #9318
Superfraggle
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
I know you guys are saying english words, but I don't recognize any of them.
I recognized Snow Leopard:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snow_leopard
Superfraggle is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Superfraggle For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2019, 11:03 AM   #9319
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Driver makes the decisions.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2019, 11:10 AM   #9320
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
I don't stop