Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2019, 02:10 PM   #2121
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoho View Post
I thought Ledgerwood was pretty invisible. Adekugbe was all over the ball last night.
My take on Ledgerwood is he is not a player you notice when he is on the pitch. But when he is out for a game its obvious that something is missing.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2019, 04:23 PM   #2122
Party Elephant
First Line Centre

Exp:

Looks like the stadium crew in Winnipeg have done a pretty half-assed job cleaning the football lines off the field for today's game. They've cleaned of all the ads and branding and most of the lines in the penalty areas, but plenty of yard lines and the entire sidelines are fully visible.
Old 08-17-2019, 07:49 PM   #2123
bob-loblaw
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Party Elephant View Post
Looks like the stadium crew in Winnipeg have done a pretty half-assed job cleaning the football lines off the field for today's game. They've cleaned of all the ads and branding and most of the lines in the penalty areas, but plenty of yard lines and the entire sidelines are fully visible.

Winnipeg is no good.
The Following User Says Thank You to bob-loblaw For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2019, 08:50 PM   #2124
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Party Elephant View Post
Didn't see, but they may well be the NFL lines having been added, since the Raiders and Packers play there Thursday.

Forge win so next weekends game, the winner will be leading the league no matter how the Cavs do Wed.
Old 08-18-2019, 02:34 PM   #2125
ditty
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
My take on Ledgerwood is he is not a player you notice when he is on the pitch. But when he is out for a game its obvious that something is missing.
I've been satisfied with Ledgerwood's performances this season. I think expectations are high for him considering his experience (a half-century of caps for Canada, long career in Germany). The reality is that he's 34 and his past few seasons have consisted of a stint in the NASL, 3. Liga in Germany and the 2nd division in Sweden.

I feared the worst after his PDL season last year where I thought he really didn't stand out. Granted, he struggled with injuries most of the short season. But I think our ideal midfield is a diamond with him and Adekugbe at the base and Büscher in front of them. He's got a lot of guile and complements the other two who are more dynamic at this stage.
Old 08-18-2019, 08:43 PM   #2126
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

48 hours later, and I think I have finally recovered from the latest edition of Al Classico. Was a great night despite the scoreless draw...

The Following User Says Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2019, 10:40 AM   #2127
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

The fact that Calgary has only allowed three goals in six games is very impressive. I still think that they win the fall season after their schedule gets a little more relaxed. Not to mention they have already played lots of their away games. The match up I want is against Forge. Honestly, beating them would feel like vindication.
Old 08-19-2019, 11:37 AM   #2128
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The fact that Calgary has only allowed three goals in six games is very impressive. I still think that they win the fall season after their schedule gets a little more relaxed. Not to mention they have already played lots of their away games. The match up I want is against Forge. Honestly, beating them would feel like vindication.
The thought of playing Forge in the final actually scares me. Knowing how much the league has a stiffy for them, being one or two bad calls away from losing to their golden child in the final makes me more than a little nervous.
Old 08-19-2019, 01:05 PM   #2129
Party Elephant
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Stang View Post
The thought of playing Forge in the final actually scares me. Knowing how much the league has a stiffy for them, being one or two bad calls away from losing to their golden child in the final makes me more than a little nervous.
Yeah I'd rather have Edmonton. They have yet to score a goal against us in 3 games.
Old 08-19-2019, 05:59 PM   #2130
Howie_16
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
I'd rather have Edmonton, so I could then possibly attend both games of the final.
Old 08-19-2019, 08:09 PM   #2131
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Remember that time Cavalry lost to a terrible team who were playing on 2 days rest...oh right...that was FC Edmonton...

FC Edmonton is no good.

Old 08-19-2019, 08:22 PM   #2132
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Valour score on FC Edm. from another time zone.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1163624703233351681
The Following User Says Thank You to Yoho For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2019, 12:20 AM   #2133
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not sure the credibility of this guy, but some fun food for thought nonetheless. He mentions that Junior Kingue was rumoured to be coming to Cavalry FC last year, and he's had trials with some big name teams in the past. Starts at about the 4:17 mark.

I love the football world; so much talent all over and it's always fun to speculate who's going where and to what league.
The Following User Says Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2019, 07:54 AM   #2134
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Curtis is a good guy, I think what he and the CanPL Central kids are doing are really good. I did an interview with him prior to the season, and he is very passionate about the game in this country.

Don't know how much inside info Curtis has yet, but the Junior Kingue story raised my eyebrow. As far as I know Kingue was just a Brazilian kid trying to pump his own tires prior to the season, and no one could corroborate that this kid actually had interest from big clubs. I think he trialed at multiple CPL clubs and none were impressed.

Old 08-21-2019, 10:15 AM   #2135
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

A handful of goals tonight would be nice.
Old 08-21-2019, 10:21 AM   #2136
MillerTime GFG
First Line Centre

Exp:

Expect a new signing to be announced in the next couple weeks for a striker. Former U20 National team player, previously in the Whitecaps system.

Would be a great add, especially given the injuries.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MillerTime GFG For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2019, 11:22 AM   #2137
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone interested in a pair of tickets for tonight? I had to be out of town and unfortunately I can't get anyone on short notice! Let me know if you can use them and I'll flip them over!
Old 08-21-2019, 02:22 PM   #2138
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sounds like there will no longer be busses from Kildare's for weeknight games this year. I guess there was a mix up on Friday and a whole bunch of people were stranded. Don't have any more information and am passing this info on second hand.

Rose and Crown will have 2 tonight and 1 for next Wednesday's game.

Old 08-21-2019, 03:41 PM   #2139
Mccree
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Anyone interested in a pair of tickets for tonight? I had to be out of town and unfortunately I can't get anyone on short notice! Let me know if you can use them and I'll flip them over!
Still available?

Old 08-21-2019, 06:33 PM   #2140
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mccree View Post
Still available?
Yeah, sorry I had no internet for a few hours, bit I still have them. I realize it's super late, but I could still send them...
Closed Thread

Tags
2xchamps , canadian premier league , canpl , cavalry fc , fc edmonton is no good , fuforge