Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-17-2019, 09:00 PM   #1161
keenan87
Franchise Player

Exp:

As for the last play, also probably doesnt help the optics when Dickenson is done shaking hands and ready to go home.
keenan87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 09:03 PM   #1162
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1162921039355174913
dash_pinched is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 10:04 PM   #1163
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

i find it hard to believe these refs are graded after their performances. if so, they would be fired. it was clear that they were going to give the game to Montreal. I really like the call against Holley for the "hit" out of bounds. he tries to avoid him and even hold him up. watch the game you dummies.
dirk diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 10:10 PM   #1164
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

In my view the worst call was the first QB sneak. Play should have been blown dead when they clearly stopped him. They let him reach and reach and reach.
I don't think there is any bias in the officiating. The Stamps have benefited from bad calls over the years. It's just incompetency that is amplified but the command centre.
But it makes following the CFL tough.
Jiri Hrdina is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2019, 10:20 PM   #1165
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

That was the most frustrating spectacle I've seen in a while. Some of those calls were questionable at best, including the roughing the passer call where Adams is touched on the shoulder.
Did anyone catch the explanation for the disallowed/'incomplete' TD earlier in the game? Or the Rogers TD at the end, where his foot is clearly in bounds before his other foot lands out? I thought I understood the basic rules of the game, but clearly not.
Old 08-17-2019, 10:30 PM   #1166
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81MC View Post
That was the most frustrating spectacle I've seen in a while. Some of those calls were questionable at best, including the roughing the passer call where Adams is touched on the shoulder.
Did anyone catch the explanation for the disallowed/'incomplete' TD earlier in the game? Or the Rogers TD at the end, where his foot is clearly in bounds before his other foot lands out? I thought I understood the basic rules of the game, but clearly not.
nobody knows but the mental wizards at the command centre. basically a monkey spinning a wheel to make a call. Useless.
Old 08-18-2019, 12:34 AM   #1167
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

This game was the exact reason as to why I’m done as a season ticket holder this year. I paid 120 (cash not face value which would be much more) to have incompetent officials directly impact the result of the game. On top of that I have to watch garbage like Sindani and Kuklas drop passes that most high school kids in the US would catch because of some ridiculous ratio that not a single paying customer of a “professional” sports league gives a flying #### about.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 12:35 AM   #1168
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Was out, and just watched my recorded game, after listening to the end on the radio.

So, in the last minute of regulation we have:
- a roughing the passer penalty in which the QB isn’t even close to stumbling, nor is he hit in the head.
- a roughing the passer penalty in which no flag was thrown on the field. Called down from the command centre?
- a third and goal from the 1, in which no ref and no camera could POSSIBLY have seen where the ball was, until LONG after the play, no TD call was made until LONG after the play, and apparently was only based on where the ball was 30 seconds after the play was over. Based on the one replay shown from the far side of the field, the likelihood that the ball got in before he was down looks to be 1% at most. This simply CANNOT be called a TD, there is literally ZERO evidence to anyone on the field that the ball crossed the line during play. Calling this a TD is... well, I don’t know what. You can’t hear a whistle, but based on how players are starting to get off the pile, and there doesn’t appear to be any possible way the ball could have been in at that point... moreso, plays like this should never be called by the refs on the field, because they have no clue where the ball is. The only possible way this should be able to be called a touchdown is if the command centre sees something that gives good evidence of the ball being in. It can’t fall to having a call on the field not being able to be overturned because there never could be conclusive evidence on such a play.
- a roughing the passer call where Adams clearly embellished by diving backwards after what was clearly not RTP ( Despite where the TSN guys were saying). This play would have left the Als in 3rd and long, kicking a missable FG. Instead, they get a first down and go on to score a TD a couple of plays later.
- pretty rough tackle of Arbuckle by the Als on the sack. Way more force than necessary. Based on the standard set, this has to be called.
- Rogers’ toe definitely touching blades of grass in bounds before his other foot came down out of bounds. The light touch on the ground there appeared to be forfeited by the harder touching of the same foot (that caused the rubber to jump) a fraction of a second later, that occurred after the other foot came down out of bounds. This play probably should be a TD, but I don’t know if I could blame the refs here, as that call is easy to miss in real time, and basically impossible to call definitive enough on the replay.
Old 08-18-2019, 01:05 AM   #1169
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

And aside from the #### reffing, our D is gassed in the 4th quarter every game because they are on the field the whole goddamn game. How many 2 yard sweeps to subpar running backs can Dave run? Don Jackson sucks. Why is the ball always in his hands?
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheAlpineOracle For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2019, 08:40 AM   #1170
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Need a Thneed View Post
Was out, and just watched my recorded game, after listening to the end on the radio.

- a roughing the passer penalty in which the QB isn’t even close to stumbling, nor is he hit in the head.
- a roughing the passer penalty in which no flag was thrown on the field. Called down from the command centre?
- a third and goal from the 1, in which no ref and no camera could POSSIBLY have seen where the ball was, until LONG after the play, no TD call was made until LONG after the play, and apparently was only based on where the ball was 30 seconds after the play was over. Based on the one replay shown from the far side of the field, the likelihood that the ball got in before he was down looks to be 1% at most. This simply CANNOT be called a TD, there is literally ZERO evidence to anyone on the field that the ball crossed the line during play. Calling this a TD is... well, I don’t know what. You can’t hear a whistle, but based on how players are starting to get off the pile, and there doesn’t appear to be any possible way the ball could have been in at that point... moreso, plays like this should never be called by the refs on the field, because they have no clue where the ball is. The only possible way this should be able to be called a touchdown is if the command centre sees something that gives good evidence of the ball being in. It can’t fall to having a call on the field not being able to be overturned because there never could be conclusive evidence on such a play.
- a roughing the passer call where Adams clearly embellished by diving backwards after what was clearly not RTP ( Despite where the TSN guys were saying). This play would have left the Als in 3rd and long, kicking a missable FG. Instead, they get a first down and go on to score a TD a couple of plays later.
- pretty rough tackle of Arbuckle by the Als on the sack. Way more force than necessary. Based on the standard set, this has to be called.
- Rogers’ toe definitely touching blades of grass in bounds before his other foot came down out of bounds. The light touch on the ground there appeared to be forfeited by the harder touching of the same foot (that caused the rubber to jump) a fraction of a second later, that occurred after the other foot came down out of bounds. This play probably should be a TD, but I don’t know if I could blame the refs here, as that call is easy to miss in real time, and basically impossible to call definitive enough on the replay.
other than that the refs and command center had a good game, lol. CFL can do what they want to try to get new fans but it wont happen if that is the reffing you bring out to the game.
Old 08-18-2019, 08:52 AM   #1171
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Need a Thneed View Post

It's almost as if the league has a vested interest in seeing the Als do well this season like they own the team and they're trying to find a buyer - Oh wait.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to dash_pinched For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2019, 02:38 PM   #1172
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well the Als did have to do a perfect onside kick to have a chance. Stamps looked asleep on that play.
Old 08-18-2019, 02:43 PM   #1173
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

I give the Als full marks for getting it to OT, it’s OT that really stinks for me.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hockeyguy15 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2019, 02:49 PM   #1174
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Last night was the first CFL game I attended in a while.

The officiating at the end, with the very questionable calls, and every single play being reviewed dragging the game to a halt, didn't sit with me all that great. For a game with great weather in the middle of the summer, casual attendees who were checking out the game may not be that inspired to come watch future games if they stuck out to the end.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 03:03 PM   #1175
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

As above, there is simply no way the Stamps should have allowed the Als to get the game to OT, up by 11 with two minutes to go. Their coverage was abysmal, they had no pass rush at all, hell they couldnt get a hurry up, and allowing the Als to recover that onside kick was pathetic. The Stamps were the architect of their own demise in this game, they had crappy design and it hurt them badly, regardless of the officiating. They shouldnt have let it get to the point where the officials were able to make those ####ty calls.

Last edited by Cheese; 08-18-2019 at 06:09 PM.
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 09:51 AM   #1176
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

These guys went to a RedBlacks game well dressed

Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scorch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2019, 04:04 PM   #1177
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1163517646538760199
Old 08-20-2019, 10:00 AM   #1178
darockwilder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorch View Post
These guys went to a RedBlacks game well dressed

Fun fact, that's the real Razor Ramon!
Old 08-20-2019, 10:11 AM   #1179
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

hahaha. i thought he was the Honky Tonk Man!

or the better version of him in Stampede Wrestling, Honky Tonk Wayne!
Old 08-20-2019, 01:19 PM   #1180
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Congrats to Reggie...

https://twitter.com/user/status/1163839415380250625